Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        RA3 version mismatch

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: RA3 version mismatch

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 06-18-2006 07:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Greetings. I can't connect to any RA3 servers. I'm getting a message "version mismatch c-999-999-999/s1.76." The RA versions are 1.76, no a,b or c designations. I d/l the version at the RA site, and I'm assuming that that would be the latest version. Thanks for any help...

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 06-18-2006 09:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I get the same problem (w/1.76) if I try to connect via Only Mortal, but it works if I launch the mod with Q3 and use the in-game browser to connect. It takes a while for the RA servers to start showing but at least it works.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 06-18-2006 10:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

when it knocks you back to the console, can you still connect by typing "\reconnect" into the console?

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 06-18-2006 10:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If I try to connect via Only Mortal the connection screen is the standard Q3 one, then you get the mismatch message. Using "\reconnect" repeats the mismatch message.

If you launch RA3 from within Q3, the connection screen (after selecting 'fight') is a custom RA3 one.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-18-2006 01:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can add a +game parameter to the preferences as a work around, if I recall correctly. I never got around to supporting mods.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 06-18-2006 04:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I didn't mention that I couldn't connect through OM. I can connect to servers after launching RA3. Thanks.

Quote:
You can add a +game parameter to the preferences as a work around

How do you do that :confused:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-20-2006 02:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In the preferences for Quake 3 there's a text field where you can enter command line parameters for Quake 3. Essentially, these are pass directly on to the game when it's launched.

If you google for Quake 3 command line parameters you'll see there're a load of things you can do.

Edit: Forgot to mention that mods are "+game modname" or so.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.