Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        Mac Gamers On-Line Fragfest is A Go !!!!!!!!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Mac Gamers On-Line Fragfest is A Go !!!!!!!!

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-11-2006 12:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi,

Great News! We have secured the servers for the Mac Gamers Frag fest! I look forward to a fun, free, Mac Fragfest. :D :D

This was originally posted in the IMG forums.......

The event will be either the weekend of the 18th or the 25th (depending on which you prefer…SO LET US KNOW)

THE GAME:
We will be running Quake 3 Arena, because it will run well on almost any Mac (back to G3’s), and can be picked up for next to nothing! For those who don’t have the game, PC versions can be purchased on Amazon.com for as little as $9.00 (YES the PC version will work).

GAME VERSION:
Because so many have emailed and posted concerns over issues with the new Intel based Macs (and hunting down Q3A Universal Binary copies) and the fact that Punk Buster either does not work or causes issues, we are going to eliminate all those problems. We will be using the older Mac Q3A coded version 1.31, which both works on MacIntels & does not have Punk Busters Lag Issues. It is incredibly easy to use this version & because it is older, you will access the server instantly rather that waiting for the 2600 servers to load in the newer 1.32.

TO GET VERSION 1.31
You can download Mac version 1.31b4 at our download page at
CampersToolyard/GameServers
(Click Downloads, Single files, and MacALL-Q3A-1-31-BETA4.sit).

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE (1.31 or above), please do the following:

1. Download the 1.31b4 version.
2. Drag the new 1.31b4 game application icon into your "Quake3" folder on your hard drive.
3. Open the "Quake3" "Baseq3" folder on your hard drive and make sure you have “PAK0.pk3” through “PAK7.pk3”. If your missing “PAK7.pk3” drag it in from the downloaded 1.31b4. If you have “PAK8.pk3” simply remove it.
4. Start the game and play!

IF YOU DONT HAVE Q3A & are using a new PC version, please do the following:

1. Download the 1.31 version
2. Make a new folder called "Quake3" and place it in your Applications Folder
3. Place the files from the download into the new "Quake3" folder.
4. Open the PC Q3A disc and locate the "Baseq3" folder, and drag its contents into the "Baseq3" folder in your new "Quake3" folder in your Applications folder.
5. Start the game by double clicking the icon and input you new CD key when asked.
6. Play the game

Please post or email with any questions, ideas, maps & models you want loaded, gametypes and etc.

I will be posting the exact date and sign up information shortly (so let me know which weekend you think is better). :D

Thanks. :icon25:
WaYsLoW

CampersToolyard/GameServers

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-11-2006 12:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Question Posted in IMG Forum....
[quote name='MuNgEr' date='August 11th 2006, 12:33 PM' post='278102']
Hey Way,

Are the two servers up in 1.31 the ones for the event? I think they are Campers Toolyard and Arena?
[/quote]

Hey Munger!

No those servers are our existing Los Angeles Servers, we will be using much larger client servers centrally located in Dallas for the event. However, those are still mostly Mac player occupied and are fun for practice :D

They are....
Campers Arena 64.182.132.53
Campers Toolyard 64.182.132.13

I will post the other ones as soon as we pinpoint the date!

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-11-2006 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so, Mac users are campers, too?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-11-2006 12:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
so, Mac users are campers, too?

Funny but no, the name is Campers Toolyard meaning Campers get Tooled! LoL! :icon25:

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-12-2006 10:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok, in taking in the feedback from both IMG and Quake3Wold (Mac Discussions), it appears that the weekend of the 25th is a go!

However, we have other servers running now in 1.31 and will open the fragfest server the weekend of the 18th for practice.

We will shortly post up a sign up (so you can get the password for the fragfest servers:)

Anyway, save some time on the weekend of the 25th!!!!! :D

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-24-2006 11:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i tried this and i wont work. i am using 1.34 and i would rather play in the 1.31 version where demon uk and ldemoquadl severs are running. i am very bad with computers. i know i had to download a patch for my q3 to even work, because the last one i was using crashed....so i bought a new one and am stuck with 1.34 (1600 severs). is it even possible for me to sign on to 1.31? thnx.....torup
maybe email me at mattsuperion@hotmail.com?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 11-24-2006 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just buy another computer, and keep 1.31 on that. Problem solved!

Realistic Gore
Realistic Gore
PostPosted: 12-02-2006 11:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

or since Macs are so cool you can have both copies of Quake 3, different version, using the same configs, no?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-07-2006 05:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

do i have to buy version1.31 or 2? is it specific? heh.....i dont know...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.