Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Game chat

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Game chat

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 01-17-2010 10:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello,
I have small problems.
Where I can edit game chat?
I need define some background and make more bigger letters and change them colors.

Sorry for my english.
Thanks for your answers.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 01-17-2010 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You mean the console? The background is a shader with the unimaginative name 'console', you can just override it.

The fonts are a special case. They're 256x256 bitmaps (see menu/art/font*.tga in pak0.pk3 for examples) that are scaled in-game. Changing the font type and colour is straight forward: give your font bitmap the same name as the one it should override (e.g. menu/art/font2_prop.tga) and put it in a PK3 of your own. Changing the console font size is more involved; you need to hack the engine, client/cl_console.c to be precise.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 01-18-2010 06:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This image is as example.
On the left is original and on the right is new theme, whitch I want.
I need add chat´s background and change letters color.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 01-19-2010 10:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, that requires an engine hack. The function you want is Con_DrawNotify() in client/cl_console.c.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 01-19-2010 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When I´m compiling I have a lots of errors.

Some errors:
Code:
sdl_glimp.c
..\..\code\sdl\sdl_glimp.c(26) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'SDL.h': No such file or directory
sdl_gamma.c
..\..\code\sdl\sdl_gamma.c(26) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'SDL.h': No such file or directory

I need SDL pack, I download it, but I don´t know, where is my copy.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 01-19-2010 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can't really help you there, I'm not a Windows developer. I suspect you need to point Visual Studio to the location of the SDL headers/libraries but you'll have to consult Google for the finicky details.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 01-20-2010 05:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^misantropia^ wrote:
Can't really help you there, I'm not a Windows developer. I suspect you need to point Visual Studio to the location of the SDL headers/libraries but you'll have to consult Google for the finicky details.

Thanks, I find some needed libraries, but I can´t find libcurl.lib.
Where download I it?

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 01-20-2010 06:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.