Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Make Dead Bodies Jiggle

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Make Dead Bodies Jiggle

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-03-2010 07:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In the Q3A mod I am trying to build (it will be a long time, don't hold your breath), I was wondering if it is possible to make dead player bodies jiggle and gyrate when shot. I liked that effect in CS, but I do not know if it is possible in Q3A. The corpse can be set to stay around for a bit before it disappears, but is that the limitation? Anyone have an answer to that?

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 02-03-2010 07:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you are talking about a death animation, it's possible but you will have to explicitly add it to the MD3. It won't work with existing models, Q3A doesn't support skeletal animation.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-03-2010 07:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i think he's referring to ragdoll physics

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-03-2010 08:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In Counter Strike when a hostage is killed it remains on the ground for a while. That corpse can be shot, stabbed --whatever, and it will jiggle from the reaction. In Q3 when a player dies the body slowly disappears with no other physical contact possible. So, once the body lays dormant, is it possible to have the after death jiggle before it disappears if the body is shot or stabbed? I hope my question is clearer now.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 02-04-2010 09:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's possible but not easily. Check out CopyToBodyQue() (sic) in game/g_client.c. You will probably want to set body->touch to a function of yourself.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.