Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        quake4game.com updated at long last

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: quake4game.com updated at long last

btw cocks
btw cocks
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 07:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 07:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a whole lot of flash candy just to get from one point to another.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 08:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can anyone get this to work with Firefox???

Frag-Muff
Frag-Muff
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 09:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No I don't think it works with Mozilla at all.

I don't see any updates at all. What's changed?

btw cocks
btw cocks
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 10:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, the silly age-verification thing doesn't work in Firefox :(

as far as what's changed, the entire website is different--there is actual content now (even though it is a bit of flash overkill)

Frag-Muff
Frag-Muff
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 10:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah, the only change I see is the addition of some videos - the site itself looks the same as it always has to me.

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 10:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks pretty much updated to me :icon14:

Frag-Muff
Frag-Muff
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 10:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But that site has been there, as it is now with all the Flash crap, since mid-August at least (when I first got linked to it). What were you seeing before this update?

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 10:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

chiQ wrote:
But that site has been there, as it is now with all the Flash crap, since mid-August at least (when I first got linked to it). What were you seeing before this update?

Well the whole site has been updated..there used to be a few links (trailer etc) but now there are more links and more flash stuff.

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 10:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We can finally see what the minimum system requirements are :icon14:

Frag-Muff
Frag-Muff
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 10:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmm, this is weird. I see the same thing I was seeing back in August - a forced refresh doesn't change that. I don't get anything new, such as system requirements, new flash, or even the new trailers I've read about elsewhere. I get a flash interface, linking to story, news, gallery, and trailer, and the main interface just has eye candy and a bunch of company logos, aside from the navigation, as I did in August.

Oh and there's the art contest, but that's been there all along too.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 10:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow, i like it. Its gota really nice feel and sound to it. And that music in the background gives me hope.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 10:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice, a new video...

Love the strogg railgun effect compared to the one i saw in the QuakeCon MP movies. This one looks nice. Oh and it seems when people gib in SP, they gib with loads of blood. The MP players wont gib with any blood from the videos i've seen...

Which means one of two things. Raven fucked up in one way but got it right in another.

Or.

Raven actually listened to the people that said these things before, and changed them. Which would make them better than id software right away.

Niiiiice.

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 11:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The "squad" and "weapons" videos look awesome...fast paced action and ownership all over the place.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 12:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duhard wrote:
The "squad" and "weapons" videos look awesome...fast paced action and ownership all over the place.

TBH i have to agree. That one video with the "weapons" looks quite good. It has a nice feel to the levels, and I like the fact you get to be semi-outdoor without choking to death.

Shame we dont get the Strogg Railgun with that railtrail, its very nice :(

the watching eye
the watching eye
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

goddamn, the age verification screen doesn't work with Firefox...

ow... and Quake3world isn't even listed under Community :(

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 01:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

r3t wrote:
goddamn, the age verification screen doesn't work with Firefox...

ow... and Quake3world isn't even listed under Community :(

Yeah, i thought it was odd not being there...

And its pissing me off that it wont save your birthday :|

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 03:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why do they want your birthday? Man, I can hardly even run the website...

Frag-Muff
Frag-Muff
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 03:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lenard wrote:

It's a way for them to disclaim if people underage for game rating see stuff they're not meant to I guess.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 03:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

chiQ wrote:
Lenard wrote:

It's a way for them to disclaim if people underage for game rating see stuff they're not meant to I guess.
'Hot Coffee' anyone?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 09:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no blood? But I love to see the little chunks of meat bounce around........

Frag-Muff
Frag-Muff
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 09:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mmmmmgibs.

I reckon it'd be a variable you can set.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-06-2005 10:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

like the style/music. looks promising.

i have something against medics in squads tho, ruins the atmosphere, esp if they have full health replenishes with unlimited supplies. you never see meds healing themselves or other squad members. and this looks as corny when they say stuff like 'ill have you patched up in no time, there finished, try and be more careful' ... :(

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-07-2005 01:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HEY GUYS IM SO SMART I JUST QUICKLY SELECT A RANDOM YEAR TO GET ONTO THE SITE WEEEEEE!!

Honestly, that age thing is pointless. It should save to your memory, or nto be there at all. Its not like 6 year old timmy is kept out by it is it...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-07-2005 01:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
HEY GUYS IM SO SMART I JUST QUICKLY SELECT A RANDOM YEAR TO GET ONTO THE SITE WEEEEEE!!

Honestly, that age thing is pointless. It should save to your memory, or nto be there at all. Its not like 6 year old timmy is kept out by it is it...

It's not about keeping people out, it's that if underage timmy enters the site by providing a fake birthdate, is mentally scarred for the rest of his life and his parents sue Activision or id Software, they can say hey but timmy entered a fake birthdate, so it's his own fault.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-07-2005 01:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
o'dium wrote:

It's not about keeping people out, it's that if underage timmy enters the site by providing a fake birthdate, is mentally scarred for the rest of his life and his parents sue Activision or id Software, they can say hey but timmy entered a fake birthdate, so it's his own fault.

Ohhhhhh, riiiiiiight. Just like all those cases where Timmy gets his mom to buy GTA for him knowing its an 18, but goes on to sue the game company and win?

I get ya ;)

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-07-2005 02:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The age thing (and everything else) works here in firefox...:paranoid: I think it didn't work properly before but now it does.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 10-07-2005 05:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:

Ohhhhhh, riiiiiiight. Just like all those cases where Timmy gets his mom to buy GTA for him knowing its an 18, but goes on to sue the game company and win?

I get ya ;)

Yes, precisely like that, because in those cases the strongest defence the company has is 'we blocked him from buying it directly'.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-07-2005 05:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BloodFlower wrote:
Can anyone get this to work with Firefox???

idiots didnt implement flash corectly

btw cocks
btw cocks
PostPosted: 10-07-2005 06:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes it appears that some work has been done since yesterday to get things running more smoothly on mozilla clients

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-07-2005 11:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rgoer wrote:
yes it appears that some work has been done since yesterday to get things running more smoothly on mozilla clients

Yes indeed, finally the site works fine on Firefox :)

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 10-07-2005 11:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rgoer, can you work the magic and add http://www.quake3world.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17 to the community links? :paranoid: Short of getting a good google rank for 'q4 forum' or whatnot, that would be the only chance this board has for grabbing a few new faces to discuss the game.

One of us will name our first newborn after you if you do this, I think :icon28:

btw cocks
btw cocks
PostPosted: 10-08-2005 09:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah I made this request, and it looks like Q3W was added to the list

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 10-08-2005 09:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok my next dog will be named rgoer... good enouff? :D

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 10-08-2005 09:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nice

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.