Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Is there a Quake 4 review out yet?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Is there a Quake 4 review out yet?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-09-2005 01:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I find it odd that its got 2 weeks to go before release and I haven'tsoeen any early reviews yet. Usually, mags would review the game the month before, but this time we are gonna get the review AFTER the game is released...? Hmmmm...

Not that you should listen to them anyways, but they get the full game to review so they post whatever pics they want.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-09-2005 04:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

none...none at all

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-09-2005 10:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

my mommy always said to be wary of buying games that hit the shelves before the reviews ....

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-09-2005 10:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

kleeks wrote:
my mommy always said to be wary of buying games that hit the shelves before the reviews ....

Nobody really reads them and thinks its all true, do they?

review mags are paid most of the time. If a mag gave a game a bad review, it means they are on that dev teams shit list, and so they wont get goodies and early copies or exclusive rights, meaning a delay on other reviews.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 10-09-2005 12:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
review mags are paid most of the time. If a mag gave a game a bad review, it means they are on that dev teams shit list, and so they wont get goodies and early copies or exclusive rights, meaning a delay on other reviews.

lol, yes. german magazine gamestar was actually sued by some publisher because they gave one of their games (spellforce) a shitty score. the reasoning behind the lawsuit was that the company had spent millions on the pr and development and - after the bad marks - these millions would have been wasted and their finances were at danger.
the publisher actually demanded a higher score and a second test of the game in the next issue! :dork:

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 10-11-2005 03:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 10-11-2005 04:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

has anyone actually confirmed that review is really from PC Gamer ?

...not that I really care. I'm looking for a great MP game. SP is just an added bonus, I get bored with them pretty quick.

Q4 is going to own. :icon34:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-12-2005 12:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cant wait for next time jayp

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-12-2005 02:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

christ odium, take a break :olo:
why not just start a "my q4 concerns & questions"-thread, homo :D

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-12-2005 03:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

or perhaps start an angsty blog

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 10-12-2005 07:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

John^Rocker wrote:
cant wait for next time jayp

:confused:

do I know you?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-12-2005 02:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the ctf pub the one i pwnd lq and the others at

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 10-12-2005 09:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ahh,

dont remeber you.

Do you play under an alias?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-13-2005 12:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not at all, i think me and you were dueling a lot, lq brick obi and you right

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 10-13-2005 05:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, Ok.

I havent played at QnW for along time. Must have been ages ago

I don't ever recall dueling you tho'

ggz for the CTF games either way :)

zewulf
zewulf
PostPosted: 10-13-2005 05:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

IGN's Q4 review is now up :shrug:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/658/658263p1.html

Quote:
9.0 Presentation
You'll see some things that Doom 3 didn't indicate its engine was capable of, and vehicle controls are intuitive

9.0 Graphics
Impressive use of the Doom 3 engine, and the character models don't have as much of that plastic look.

8.4 Sound
Hollywood actors lend some key voice talent, and there's plenty of ambient sound. Music is tasteful and well-placed.

8.0 Gameplay
Combat is relatively simple, and multiplayer is disappointingly limited.

7.5 Lasting Appeal
Short singleplayer, and not a lot of MP maps to go around; no breakout MP mode.

8.1 OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 10-13-2005 05:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HOLY SHIT 81%?!?!?!?!

QUAKE 3 GOT 80% SO QUAKE 4 IS EVEN BETTER??! LOLOLOROFL CONSPIRACY?!?!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.