Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Does anyone remember..

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Does anyone remember..

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that site a long time ago, ( I forgot what it was called) where you could check the names, ratings and all stats on every single player that played Q3? I remember the front page would give a figure of so many millions of players worldwide, and whatever name you typed in, tons of the same name or variations of that name would come up. If I put in drummerboy for example, there were loads of drummerboys around the world who were quake3 players. Or if I typed in any other name I'd used on servers, they would come up too and give my stats on all frags, rank, etc. Absolutely any name you could think of was there. I guess it died a long time ago, and the last time I checked it was when I started Q3 in 2002, but I wonder if something like that will be created for quake 4? I think it was run by a professional gaming authority or such like.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those where the MPlayer stats hosted on this site. Q4 won't ship with such a feature.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.theclq.com/

I remember destroying emotions and crushing feelings playing ffa on the CLQ's scanned servers..I was the #1 q2 gxmod player for a month sporting an average ping of 374...and I got the papers to prove it.

Last edited by Duhard on 10-17-2005 11:15 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Back when I was on dialup one of those sites ranked me at #1 in the world at Clan Arena. Only for a day... but on dialup -> Win.

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's where the legend began folks, I was rocking the clq when your mom was still wiping your nose..

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those tracking systems are pretty flawed though (at least CSports's is). You're not only credited for your own skills but also of the people you're spectating. Mate of mine specced the top players 24/7 for a while and was #1 of the mod he played within two weeks. Not to mention that UnnamedPlayer was the best OSP player for a long time.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What is their tracking system exactly? Poll the server every 5 seconds or something?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 12:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

theclq was the win, haven't been there in years - might go have to have a look.

Eye-like balls
Eye-like balls
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 01:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm among the top 7% on csports. Lies, should be top 1%.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 01:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why is there no trcking like the BF2 stats for q4?

Imagine how great it would be to load up a page, see your player skin, your name, your frags, accuracy, all awards, all other kinds of info, and then share the links with people who suck like duhard?

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 02:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
What is their tracking system exactly? Poll the server every 5 seconds or something?

Basically, yes - though not that often. Once an hour, maybe?
EDIT: nah, must be more often. I'd put my money on once every five to ten minutes.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 03:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That was it, the CLQ!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.