Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Player reviews

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Player reviews

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 05:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

More player reviews please! on all gametypes too! :dork:

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 05:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HI GURRLLLLLL A/S/L?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 05:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 09:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have my system specs and also screenshots here:

http://www.endofdays.clanservers.com/ph ... ?p=110#110

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 09:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bueller wrote:

Looks like your getting good fps on such a open map, maybe try 1024x768?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 09:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bueller wrote:

cool screenshots. One question though. You seem to have two different zoom huds. I thought you could only zoom in with the machinegun. Is there another weapon you can zoom in with?

edit:
wait, by checking the hud I figured out one is the MG the other the RG. Are those two the only weapons that can zoom? If so, are there any differences to the firing power/speed of the RG when zoomed in? Or can all weapons zoom in, with the MG being the only one having a different rate of fire/dmg?

Last edited by Eraser on 10-18-2005 09:28 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 09:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rail silly :p

Eh?
Eh?

Railgun.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 09:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn, the hints in the hud, lol.

The problem I see with it is that it blurs your vision for the MGun, which is pointless anyways, but it wont for the Railgun...? Shouldn't it be the other way around? WTF is that about?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 09:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:

yah I noticed.
Still wondering if you can zoom in with all weapons or not.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Only the MG, and the rail

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 09:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shiznit wrote:
Bueller wrote:

Looks like your getting good fps on such a open map, maybe try 1024x768?

Well i just played q3dm17 or whatever its called and my fps dropped to 40's at some points with 12 players so I think 800x600 is best for now

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 09:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:

yah I noticed.
Still wondering if you can zoom in with all weapons or not.

Corect, only mg and rail. To be honest guys, this is the 1st game I have ever played except Q3. I mean ever. I fell in love and have been playing q3 and nothing else since 2000. This seemed to be alot of eyecandy but I felt at times, man I miss q3 allready. Probably just because I havent got all my weapon binds and generally all around cfg tweaked.

1 thing is for sure, 12 players was laggy as hell on q3dm17. I had a stable ping of 40-50 but it seemed like i would pass my own rockets. Of course that could have to do with the rockets being slower than q3? Not sure as there was total chaos around and the sound of mg was overwelming.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 09:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Bueller wrote:

cool screenshots. One question though. You seem to have two different zoom huds. I thought you could only zoom in with the machinegun. Is there another weapon you can zoom in with?

edit:
wait, by checking the hud I figured out one is the MG the other the RG. Are those two the only weapons that can zoom? If so, are there any differences to the firing power/speed of the RG when zoomed in? Or can all weapons zoom in, with the MG being the only one having a different rate of fire/dmg?

I noticed no difference between zoomed and not zoomed with rg. MG goes from rapid fire to single shot when zoomed. Didn't notice if there was a difference in damage between normal shot and zoomed in shot. Those are the only 2 that zoom. I must say the graphics with the DMG are amazing. Takes time to load, and moves like a turtle when you fire, but once there you better be out of the area. Almost like an EMP bomb. :-)

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 09:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bueller wrote:

Added a few more pics of scoreboard, q4dm17 with 12 people and reduced fps, and new map with LG.

Can someone explain why my fps goes above 60 in these screenshots when its supposed to be capped at 60?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.