Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        difference between collectors and special edtion?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: difference between collectors and special edtion?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 06:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

does anyone know what there's different about them?
has anyone a picture of the collectors edition ?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 06:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

special edition costs $10 more I think.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 06:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well, that can't be the only difference.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 07:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Special Edition has Quake 2 + all mission pakcs with it

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 07:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

More interested in the making of video, i already have the oldies...

I want to see Willits sit on his chair telling us things we do and dont want like he knows.

Last edited by o'dium on 10-18-2005 07:07 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 07:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol
yeh the making of will be quality :D

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 08:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Related to O'dium's comment, I got on ASE last night to play a couple of Quake III games because it had been a while. After refreshing all the servers, I found that not a single one was running Xaero's map.

But instead of remaking a good Quake III map, they made that one... one that honestly nobody wants to play. Weird.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 08:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Perhaps they did it to get the community more involved in the scene? More custom maps on the servers, since the standard ones aren't all that.
If so, I deeply thank Raven for doing so. :]

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 08:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ehm, wrong topic ? :dork:

btw still waiting for someone to clear this up.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 08:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was unaware that there were two "non-regular" editions. There's a Special Edition AND Collector's Edition, along with the standard release version?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 08:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TTK-Bandit wrote:
ehm, wrong topic ? :dork:

btw still waiting for someone to clear this up.

Or you could get off your lazy ass and search.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/p ... PC%20Games

moron.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 08:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have searched, but the shops have all different discriptions about the game's content!
I know what the collectors edition contains btw.. I'm not sure about
the collectors edition.. some shops say, it has the same content as
the special, but why should there be 2 editions just with a different name ?

other shops say, that the collectors edition only contains q4 and q2(with its expansion packs).

and I don't know, if the collectors edition comes in a paper box, or in a silly small dvd box.

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 09:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TTK-Bandit wrote:
I have searched, but the shops have all different discriptions about the game's content!

other shops say, that the collectors edition only contains q4 and q2(with its expansion packs).

and I don't know, if the collectors edition comes in a paper box, or in a silly small dvd box.

Special Edition includes:
The official making of Quake 4
Quake 2
Quake 2 Expansion Packs: Reckoning and Ground Zero

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 09:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's my theory about the inclusion of q3tourney6 (and the many iterations it has had).

It's a very quick 'n dirty map. It can be rebuild from scratch in an hour or so, probably far less than that.

Maybe for Q4 they had the full multiplayer map lineup but thought it would be cool to throw in The Very End of You as an added bonus. Maybe we shouldn't look at it like "there's 10 maps but I would've wanted the 10th to be like q3dm6". Maybe we should look at it like "there's 9 maps and as an added bonus, they threw in a remake of q3tourney6 as 10th map".

I mean, making a fully polished q3tourney6 remake should be a matter of hours. If they really had time and wanted to so a "serious" remake, they might've done dm6. Who knows.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 09:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Its still shit mate.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 09:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is the Special DVD Edition only available for pre-orders? That's what I'm hearing from EB Games.

It looks like I'm going to have to buy the CD set because nobody in town has the special edition.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shiznit wrote:
TTK-Bandit wrote:

Special Edition includes:
The official making of Quake 4
Quake 2
Quake 2 Expansion Packs: Reckoning and Ground Zero

arg shit, I wrote wrong.. I meant, I know what the special edition contains, I don't know about the collectors edition.
sry.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 10:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Theres nothing special about Special editions :icon14:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 10:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think what TTK-Bandit cant comprehend is there there is only 2 versions:

1. Regular CD Edition
2. Special DVD Edition

There isnt a "collectors edition" anyone who said somthing about it was talking about the Special DVD Edition.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 11:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

in usa maybe, but in europe, there are a lot stores selling the collectors edition
some even sell both of them:
http://www2.gameware.at/info/spaces/gam ... xPrice=all

beep
beep
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 11:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TTK-Bandit wrote:
in usa maybe, but in europe, there are a lot stores selling the collectors edition
some even sell both of them:
http://www2.gameware.at/info/spaces/gam ... xPrice=all

Same thing.
Collector's Edition = Special Edition
Just mislabeled.

Frag-Muff
Frag-Muff
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I already have Q2, but I'm buying the SE because I hate having to change CDs when installing games - DVDs are the only way to go now games are so huge.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.