Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        The 'I have Quake 4!' Thread

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 04:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How fast and slick does the strafejumping feel?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 04:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DRuM wrote:
How fast and slick does the strafejumping feel?

VERY. Its pretty much a combination of Quake 2 and Quake 3. Lets face it, you can do it INSTANTLY when you first go in, and it feels NATURAL. Its that good.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 04:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Excellent news.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 04:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just picked it up, installing it now :)

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 05:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have the game. I have tried singleplayer (I dont much care for sp compared to multi in general but I like this).
So far it just seems like a faster paced doom3 (I have not gotten very far). Too many sounds are recycled from q3 and d3 and too many sounds repeat (that noise the strogg make everytime they appear is becoming irritating already) Also the machinegun sounds bad. Your allies often get in the way (though I'm playing it on general and therefore have to do alot of backpedeling). The games seems a little brighter than doom3 but not as bright as I could make q3 (though I have more tweaking to discover I think). I was really hoping the console would be less like doom3 and more like q3 (similar commands, settings that STAY-namely com_allowconsole 1, and less caps). OH and no bots suck.

On the plus side, the allies are quite nice. They provide solid support and can take more of a beating than you can. You can keep the flashlight out with a weapon. Enemies have a better variety of attacks than doom3. Combat is straight up no nonsense. Maps provide ample cover from attack. Plus its FUN AS FUCK.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 05:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:icon26:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 05:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd just like to add that the fast paced amount of shit going on really makes it shine.

*Cunted*
*Cunted*
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 06:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Playing General Level in SP...game Smokes Doom 3. Time to jump on to Multi and see whats up!

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 06:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

got it :icon30: :drool: at 10am now gotta wait bout 9 hours till I can get home and try it :(

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.