Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Unable to play quake4

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Unable to play quake4

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 06:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I purchased the game today, and installed. After installing i tryed to play of course. And to my shgrin a error poped up. Not a normal error no...It seems that the virutal dvd drive i had installed from some time ago had been identifed and stoped me from playing. So i removed the virtual drive..and no change..restarted no change..uninstalled the software and no change. So if someone has an idea it would be much apreciated.
(by the way it was alcohol 120)

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 06:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have Daemon Tools installed, and I can run it just fine. What is the exact error? If all else fails make sure there are no traces of alcohol, and try reinstalling q4.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 06:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

okay it says "CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all cd/dvd emulation software and re-start the game"

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 06:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That version of Alcohol has probably been blacklisted by SafeDisc 4.6. By that I mean the dll's or some type of driver installed is known by the SafeDisc program (which is not letting you load the game).

Check their forums on removing the file off your PC that SafeDisc is looking for, or install an updated version of Alcohol, might do the trick (assuming you uninstalled it completely).
http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 06:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thanks for the info i am currently looking for that answer..i removed the registry refrences..but still no luck.. i just noticed something else if it helps..it says" cannot locate quake4 cd" at the top of the error dialog.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 06:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thanks for your help i probley wouldn't had figured it out without you. Apprenetly it hates clone cd..which i also happened to have installed..i would have never found this but luckly it was on the alcohol fourm

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 06:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I remember I had to delete some type of an odd driver with alcohol 120%, it was in the winodws directory. It had like a odd extention scx or something like that.

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 06:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think this is how it's done:

1. Run "regedit"
2. Find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E9F81423-211E-46B6-9AE0-38568BC5CF6F}", then delete that.
3. Find "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\32418F9EE1126B64A90E8365B85CFCF6", then delete that.

Now, to remove Alcohol driver you need to go to HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services here you should fínd the Keys for the Alcohol Driver in the current version, a347bus and a347scsi, delete these Keys and remove corresponding files from Windows\System32\Drivers folder.

Check C:\windows\program Files\Alcohol Soft and delete the folder. Re-boot your PC.

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 06:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's A347bus.sys & a347scsi.sys I think.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.