Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Quake 4 console command questions

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 4 console command questions

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 05:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello to all,

I just got Quake 4 and it's a great game. I am very new to using console commands and would really appreciate it if you guys can help. Hopefully I can use this thread to post more questions on other console commands as we go along. Thanks!

Okay here are a few questions.

1. Is there a way to enable force model for all players? Maybe this will help with loading times so that I don't have to load a new player model everytime someone joins the server
2. Is there a way to skip the intro (Raven birds etc etc) every time the game is loaded?

3. Question about the bobbing. I was able to disable it by using the following commands but when I went to the internet to play. The bobbing was back. Is there another way or it just doesn't work in the internet?

set pm_bobpitch "0.000"
set pm_bobroll "0.000"
set pm_bobup "0.000"
set pm_crouchbob "0.0"

set pm_runbob "0.0"
set pm_runpitch "0.000"
set pm_runroll "0.000"

set pm_walkbob "0.0"

4. Is there a hud command where the weapon Icons will stay on the screen so that I can see what weapons I have?

5. Is there a way to increase the volume of the 'hit' sounds? I would like to hear the beep sound much better when I hit the enemy.

Okay that's it for now. Thank you so much for your help.

Last edited by nightwing on 10-19-2005 06:25 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 05:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 06:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll echo the sentiments of wanting to know a way to force opponent player models to be one of your own choosing. Let us know if you know.

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 06:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there a way to skip the intro (Raven birds etc etc) every time the game is loaded?
In doom3 you need to add +disconnect to the end of the shortcut to skip the intro, I think it's the same in quake4.

So just right click on the shortcut, go to properties and under target add +disconnect.

"...\Quake4\Quake4.exe" +disconnect

Tell me if it works.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 06:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The '+disconnect' command worked! Thanks shiznit.

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 07:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

np, I figured it would work. :)

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 07:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I also saw your post regarding removing the 60 fps cap. Does this work in internet play or is it 1 player only?

Thanks for all your help shiznit you have been very informative.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 07:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah i wuz talking about mp...that command only works for sp if i am not mistaken...

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 07:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have never tested that command on doom3 as my last pc was utter crap. Give it a try and see but it could be that 60 is capped for online play, would make sense acctually.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 07:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

they shoulda capped it at 100...fucking moron alert???...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 08:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MODERATED: Don't bother Geoff.

- Foo

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 11:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does anyone know what brasstime '1' and showhudpopups '0' means?

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 12:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think brasstime, could be how long shells ejected from a gun stay on the ground? Try setting it higher and see if it changes how long brass/shells stay before disappearing.

No idea what showhudpopups is, try setting it to 1 and see if anything on the hud changes?

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 12:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I believe showhudpopups is where your last picked up item is displayed for a few seconds after you pick it up.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.