Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Which new features did you discover?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Which new features did you discover?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 03:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New features compared to Q3 of course.

I heard about this from others (don't have the game yet):

rockets and nades are teleportable!

And nades are affected by jumppads too. :)

I've also heard some contradicting things about doublejumps, but a friend of mine that already has Q4 told me DJ's work, but he couldn't do them consistently.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 03:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haha yeah I was gonna post this one too. The hyperblaster goes through the portals too :D

On the flip side, I'm getting pissed off with strafing up very shallow staircases and getting stalled.

btw cocks
btw cocks
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

all projectiles go through teleporters

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 03:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hehe yeah, when I was being chased in a FFA game by some guy with the hyperblaster, I tried to run away trough the portal, but all his cells just followed me trough the portal :p

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 03:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rgoer wrote:

You mean all projectiles as in what's considered by the game as a projectile, right? Bullets don't go through that I can see.

Nailgun goes through I assume, but I've been playing all evening without a button for the nailgun :icon32:

btw cocks
btw cocks
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the MG, SG and RG are hitscan--I meant "projectile" as in "not hitscan"

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 03:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

\o/

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 04:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No more hiding behind teles on T2 lol, grenades will play an even more important role in 1v1 :)

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 04:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Although i'm sure it can be fun, it will be a completely new level of spamming. Imagine shooting the DMG or BFG through a tele. :dork: I think spamming teleporter exits is bad enough in Q3, and should probably be disabled in Q4 for competitive play. Perhaps mappers could do some tricks to prevent easy teleporter spamming, but still. I'm curious to see how it will work out...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 11:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thats pretty cool

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 10-20-2005 04:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rgoer wrote:

Even loogies and semen?

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 10-20-2005 04:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I discovered this yesterday. Someone posted it before me on another site, but I still see it as my discovery heh!

It seems that if you jump at the right time just as you are launching yourself off a jump pad (not jump onto it, but jump as you're walking up to it and about to fly), you seem to get quite a significant boost, similar to if you were to fire a rocket onto it and boost that way (but not as powerful).

Very handy on some maps.

Cheers.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-20-2005 05:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I read about projectiles going through teleps before. Sounds awesome. I remember many a time in Q3DM7 jumping on the back of opponents in the MH room.
This time I don't even have to expose myself to do so :D Or did Raven design all maps so that see-through teleporters are always two way teleps?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.