Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        q4 needs a few point releases/mods..

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: q4 needs a few point releases/mods..

immaculate
immaculate
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 03:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

little things that i think need to be addressed quick. my pc specs firstly:

A64 3200+
1GB 3200 low latency DDR
x850XT AGP
Audigy 2 ZS
17" CRT monitor

i've only played MP for a few hours..so far it looks promising. anyhow, here's what i think needs addressing:

- a freaking option to turn off player bobup,etc
- fix a few of the weapons (most importantly the RL ~ replace the - damn unreal2k3/4 model and latency on shot too)
- brightskins
- better enemy hit sounds instead just the 1 bird chirp
- more maps with wide open spaces (CTF)
- better ways to demo and make movies
- non shit maps (why remake that ctf6 map??)
- GTV / OSP / CPMA

just a few things i think have to be done in order to make this game a true successor to the greatness that was quake3. i'm glad atleast the movement is almost identical. if not for that i'd never bother playing this and write it off as quake 4 unreal tournament.

*1 other thing that NEEDS implementing. a way to see what weapons you have and how much ammo with each. this feature has to be in the game soon*

Last edited by seza on 10-19-2005 03:47 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 03:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maps we can do for ourselves ey.

The rest of them, yeah... a leg up from Raven on those would be sweet.

I'm gonna give the MP a few more weeks before forming a solid opinion on what needs to change, but already I think a lot is apparent.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 03:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The item layout is kind of iffy. It would be cool to see some alternate map configs for 1v1.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 04:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah. It'd be nice if item layout plans were a seperate part of maps, and could be loaded in. Isn't that part of Promode or somethin? Sweet idea.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 04:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Possibly to add bots in next point release....

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 04:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@Foo: Yep, you can load alternate item layouts for map in CPMA, dead easy. :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 11:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

decrease zoom sensitivity.
also maybe have a locked zoom function for the MG (maybe only for SP?).

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-20-2005 12:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

- they should do something about darn annoying foostep sound

- they should release some skin packs. I miss Sarge... :icon30:

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-20-2005 12:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Should make a "desired upgrades" sticky along with a bug report sticky.

*Widescreen support
*Brightskins
*Footstep fix
*Bots
*Player bob toggle
*Improved movie/demo commands

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-20-2005 01:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd be happy with one point release that solved all the problems with the game and enhance it to perfection...multiples updates are no fun.

that said getting perfection in the first go around would be a difficult feat to perform..not impossibe for Raven tho.

Things I can see off the bat that would be really nice are:
SoF II concat command
Enhanced SoF II weaptoggle command (handles more than two augments)
Support for +\- commands for future mods
Var for final zoom sensitivity & have scaling between native sens and zoom sens
Add in game types from old Team Arena
Add off hand and normal grappling hooks.
Fix the echo command if it hasn't been already (D3) & use extended color markup with it.
Add emotioncon parsing and display in chat messages ;)
Expand taunts to include a fair range of NFL style in-zone struts & pose's
Voice Radio (if its not in already) with a decent selection of voice actor's, and wide a sortment of messages
Or rather than voice radio comm's plug in AT&T's Natural Vocies tech for text to speech...would be increadibly more flexable...tho probably a lot larger of a addon as well.
Old school AltBind, CtrlBind, DoubleBind, and TripleBind commands
Huge cache for user script alias's...hitting max_var's is a real downer when you try to write complex useful scripts....see my old admin script over at Raven for SoF II...hit max_var hardcore and didn't even have 2/3's of it done.

Well most of that list is just fun stuff, but would be cool to see all the same.

Last edited by Nologic on 10-20-2005 01:53 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-20-2005 01:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bob commands:
set pm_runbob "0"
set pm_runpitch "0"
set pm_runroll "0"
set pm_walkbob "0"
set pm_bobpitch "0"
set pm_bobroll "0"
set pm_bobup "0"
set pm_crouchbob "0"

Note: I've only got these to work in singleplayer, and a server that i host myself, the commands are there, they just need to be unlocked. it says they're sync'd and cannot be changed in normal servs.

Another thing i would like to see un-done is the ignoring of _impulse commands in the console/scripts, i dunno about you guys but a weapon toggle script to have two or three weaps on one key is really nice, it feels wrong without it =\

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-20-2005 01:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1v1 is crying out for bright skins, the other mods aren't to bad but still would be nice to see your enemy a lot clearer!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.