Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Some basic questions

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Some basic questions

guru
guru
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 04:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So - a few simple things -

In the first few levels, I've noticed pretty much every single room has flickering lights. As dumb as this sounds, every flicker is supposed to be there, right? The reason I ask is that I've played games where I discovered what I thoguht was an intentional flicker was actually a graphics bug.

The darkness - it seems a bit unnatural, even for a 'dark' game, at times. The light seems spotty - you'll be talking to a guy at one angle and see his whole face, then he'll move a bit and you can't see any detail on his face. Boxes, walls, etc...all too often I see pretty much no detail other than an outline. WHen I compared Doom3 to on my LCD to Doom3 on my CRT, I noticed that things were more difficult to see on the LCD. Anyone else noticed differences in this between CRTs and LCDs?

Audio - any way to adjust volume for music, voice, effects, etc. separately in a cfg? The voices are often drowned out in the music and gunfire.

Thanks.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 04:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've noticed the voice problem as well, I can't hear them well enough sometimes. But I haven't seen any of the other things you mentioned. The lights do flicker a lot in some places, but I don't know how much you are seeing.

bling bling
bling bling
PostPosted: 10-19-2005 04:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the voice thing annoyed me a bit at first, but i eventually realized that you really don't need to hear wtf they are saying. i finally got stroggified and it's much more enjoyable to play cuz now your guy can actually run.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-20-2005 01:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it needs subtitles :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.