Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        id/raven/activision you're so close!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-02-2006 12:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Will MegaTexture be ported into Quake 4?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 05-02-2006 12:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why would it be? With the mission pack getting canned it wouldn't need to be...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-02-2006 12:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When refreshing a server list, or going to the game browser the first time, it gets a list of servers. It tends to provide inaccurate results -- showing high pings. I have to do a secondary refresh in order to get accurate pings. Perhaps when first initially using the browser it can do a refresh twice and/or cache the list of servers.

Thank you. :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-04-2006 04:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

quake for marines should have rollerblades in the single player and multiplayer gametypes!!! THAT IS THE ONLY WE WE CAN MOVE FASTER LOL

Alright, I'm done. : ]

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-09-2006 02:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not even close riddla sorry.
Their mistake is using the DOOM engine for a QUAKE game, they should have just built off the quake engine like they did from q1 to q2 to q3. Its not quake anymore, its greed, doom, sloth, whatever. No matter what system I'm on, it feels like shit. Nobody played doom and nobody will be playing this. It is unfixable... period, unless its reverted back to the quake engine, which has never happened in a game & may never happen.
I can guarantee that NOT ONE PERSON would have complained if they made it with the quake engine and added all the new features.
ill make my own quote here...

"It will never feel like quake, because its not quake to begin with."

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-09-2006 02:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wasnt the doom engine built on the quake engine? :clownboat:
its cosmetic. it feels fine on my system. its bound to have changes, its a new game. people were complaining when q2 came out and they will continue to do so when q8 gets released.
"its nothing like the previous game! omg :(".

a lot of things are wrong with q4mp, i agree. the most obvious bugs are for some reason still in there.
but to say it doesnt feel right because it uses a new engine .. well thats just in your head.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-09-2006 05:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

then YOU explain why nobodies playing it.

it feels like shit, it runs like shit, and my eyes feel like shit after 20 minutes. i want my money back, everything on the box is a lie, isnt that false advertisement? fuckin..... some two thousand dollar computers are struggling. each disc should just say SUCKER on it in BIG GREEN LETTERS.

btw, i can play halflife hl2 enemy territory cs warsow and all 3 previous quakes fine and never question their performance or feel.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-09-2006 06:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Runningman wrote:
Not even close riddla sorry.
Their mistake is using the DOOM engine for a QUAKE game, they should have just built off the quake engine like they did from q1 to q2 to q3. Its not quake anymore, its greed, doom, sloth, whatever. No matter what system I'm on, it feels like shit. Nobody played doom and nobody will be playing this. It is unfixable... period, unless its reverted back to the quake engine, which has never happened in a game & may never happen.
I can guarantee that NOT ONE PERSON would have complained if they made it with the quake engine and added all the new features.
ill make my own quote here...

"It will never feel like quake, because its not quake to begin with."

Exactly thats the point ! ! !

The Doom Engine is ok for singleplayer, but for multiplayer its poooh

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 05-09-2006 06:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Its got nothing to do with the engine you tool, the engine IS the quake engine. The input is the same for gods sake. It feels the same as low frame rates as Quake 3 did.

The problem is that they ditched ALL the good stuff, all the stuff that made Quake 2 "Quake 2", all the art direction, everything, changed the lot, to a super clean, horrbile Halo rip. Thats the problem.

I'm sure if Raven just made Quake 4, with Quake 2 style enemies, it would of been much nicer.

Saying that, i'm sure if Raven made Quake 4 NOT like Quake 3, people wouldn't be bitching about it "not being Quake 3".

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-09-2006 11:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Runningman wrote:

it feels like shit, it runs like shit, and my eyes feel like shit after 20 minutes. i want my money back, everything on the box is a lie, isnt that false advertisement? fuckin..... some two thousand dollar computers are struggling. each disc should just say SUCKER on it in BIG GREEN LETTERS.

btw, i can play halflife hl2 enemy territory cs warsow and all 3 previous quakes fine and never question their performance or feel.

Quake 4 isn't that bad.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-09-2006 12:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Runningman wrote:

you must suck at the drivers then. my 800 euro machine runs it at 60fps locked with all bells n whistles
take your personal issues out on someone else, cockjockey *kiss*

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-09-2006 02:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Runningman wrote:

you must suck at the drivers then. my 800 euro machine runs it at 60fps locked with all bells n whistles
take your personal issues out on someone else, cockjockey *kiss*

I have a 7800 GT and a 3800+ 64 x2, but my FPS dips during multiplayer often. Where do I get the new drivers, and how the hell do I install it?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-09-2006 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Then odium and MKJ, i am sorry, but you are not true gamers.

And nobody has yet to answer my question why nobody is playing it.....

It is the EXACT same reason why sony has just switched their controller back to the old style black ps2 one. Basically your all running around using that shit ass silver boomerang looking thing. Yeah its new and pretty, but it would have never felt like playstation again.
Now let me ask you a question, would that controller kill ps3? It could have... but without overwelming amounts of complaining and testing, it would have stayed.
I'll just sit back and wait for the dumbass to make fun of me talking about sony and COMPLETELY ignore the point I made.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 05-09-2006 02:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We've been over this a hundred times in this forum already dude, please stop beating the dead horse topic.

If the game is dead for you, kindly leave to play another game rather than sticking around.

If you need us to say 'all your points are valid' before you're willing to do this, then so be it... But quite why you might feel that's necessary I don't know.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 05-09-2006 03:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
If the game is dead for you, kindly leave to play another game rather than sticking around.

Go to http://www.uzaclan.net for more details or just connect to: 67.19.62.215:28004
Stats are kept on uZaClan.net

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-09-2006 09:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just stopping into to see news and saw the topic and laughed, then noticed the lack of new posts and replies from my last login.....awhile ago....slowly but surely turning into doom3 :)
oh wait, it is lol

so ill agree with you foo

another side point too, odiums enthusiasm for map making seems to have disappeared, hmmmmm.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-10-2006 02:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"please stop beating the dead horse topic. "

I think you should let all Q4 hate topics fly. Deleting or arguing against them only sends out the wrong impression to the id employees which do visit here. Let the mass of dissapointment be heard. If its enough perhaps it will finally be drumbed into id's head that big improvements are needed.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-10-2006 02:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

KO wrote:
"please stop beating the dead horse topic. "

I think you should let all Q4 hate topics fly. Deleting or arguing against them only sends out the wrong impression to the id employees which do visit here. Let the mass of dissapointment be heard. If its enough perhaps it will finally be drumbed into id's head that big improvements are needed.

We don't hate Quake 4, we just feel that it needs some improvements, that's all.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-10-2006 03:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well.... theres a thing in the back of their minds that they DONT want to do, lets just hope they suck it up and do it.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-10-2006 06:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Runningman wrote:
Then odium and MKJ, i am sorry, but you are not true gamers.

what? :dork:
that didnt make any sense.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-10-2006 09:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok, hate to sound like I'm spamming or something, but I think a lot of the things people don't like about Quake 4 are solved with the 1.2 patch and the Expert mod.

Download it, I implore you! Try it out! read the readme and play with the options to get it the way you like it! Up a server! Let's frag!

direct link to files:
http://expertctf.net/q4/expert1.02.zip

link to my server config:
http://www.expertctf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12

Hell, I didn't like quake 3! I barely played it. This after killing HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS in quake 2 (according to the CLQ, may it R.I.P.)

I agree that there are some gameplay issues in the base q4 that make it a pretty boring/troubled game. Then again, without the Q2 Expert mod, LMCTF, L-fire , Lithium, etc. I wouldn't have played much Q2 either.

Q4, I think, is close to ready. A number of mod teams have done some excellent work to make this happen. The one main gripe i still have is the SOUND problems. Yes, my sound hardware is a bit outdated, but I should be able to turn the sound settings down and get basic playability out of the sound engine. That would be my number 1 remaining complaint about the game. Bots, etc? Sure. all of that would be nice, but the sound is a core thing that has to be right.

So anyway, as i was saying.. Play expert! :p

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-14-2006 12:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Reason 1.
No one knows the Quake 4 auto downloads have been fixed yet. That was a big problem.

Reason 2.
I was looking on the net for server Game browsers that supported Quake 4 , i found 3, Gamespy Arcade, Kali( Kali.net), and KQuery(which only seems to support up to 1.1 so far. So this would be 2 in all actual numbers, and Quake 4's Game browser i think needs a way to further filter, like adding filters by fs_game, or by server name, for example. Make it as easy as possible for someone to find the game type they want to play.

Reason 3.
Bitter tastes are still left in peoples mouths from the original releases, and don't know about the new changes or updates to the game.

Positive Notes:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They really did add and fix a great deal of stuff, even though they forced it out the doors for a Christmas bonus. The game is alot more stable now and handles quicker speeds now, as expert mod shows and does utilize. I speak of the Expert mod because i'm the coder for the mod.. Continuing the positive note, great job Id/Raven on the updates that were finally in the 1.2 release... Stable servers a major plus.

Incinerator

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-14-2006 01:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.