Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        *OFFICIAL* Q4 Weapons of Destruction v2.9 release

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: *OFFICIAL* Q4 Weapons of Destruction v2.9 release

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-28-2006 06:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We've finally released another version of Quake 4 Weapons of Destruction. We've got a fully working tarzan hook (swinging hook) as well as all the new weapons features that were to be released in 2.8. We've incorporated features and cvars from BaseFT, such as team and enemy colors. Weapons, items, and powerups can be removed by cvar as well as their respawn times.

So: better weapons, cvars for the server admins, a swinging hook, and a pimp'n good time.

Download v2.9: http://www.khalan.com/q4wod/devsite/dow ... wodv29.zip
Readme: http://www.khalan.com/q4wod/devsite/dow ... readme.txt

Test server: 207.210.238.7

We haven't updated the websites to reflect the changes, but the readme is accurate and contains a list of all cvars and weapon descriptions.

Thank you for trying the mod. We truly appreciate your patronage and we'll see you on the servers! :p

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-28-2006 06:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When will we finally see Freezetag mode? I'd really like to see that. :)

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-28-2006 06:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The dev team has some pretty good tricks up their sleeves. ;) Rest assured, you will see continued improvement of this mod. Let us know what you think of the new version. Happy gaming!

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 04-28-2006 09:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FREEZETAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to http://www.uzaclan.net for more details or just connect to: 67.19.62.215:28004
Stats are kept on uZaClan.net

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 04-29-2006 12:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, fuck your mod, we want freezetag.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-29-2006 02:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cheers for hu beast,

After the last release's probems i had almost given up hope for WoD. Its great to see things are still happening.
I've managed a news post, and mirrored the files - not sure if we have room for a server atm, but if people want to see one, then who knows :)

Freezetag ?? :icon27:

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-29-2006 05:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks kleeks. We spent a good bit of time making sure it play tested very well before offering it up. This should be done every single time and many lessons were learned from v2.8. Give it a shot. I think you'll find some real enjoyment in playing it. Hey, I'll try Freezetag when it comes out too. The more good quality mods that are available to the public, the better Q4 becomes.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-29-2006 06:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We need some Quake 4 rally Urban Terror, and Ultra Freeze Tag. : D

Hm. The only things that really changed in this mod are the grenade launcher, and the nail gun. Am I missing anything?

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-29-2006 10:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You'd really have to play it and peruse the readme to obtain a full appreciation for the direction in which this mod is going. As previously mentioned, a fully functional tarzan styled hook is in and working great, ambeient light is in which helps those like me that miss the good ol fun in Quake 2 feel right at home. Try it. Whether you like it or dislike it; let it be heard. We appreciate the constructive criticism and direct feedback.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 05-06-2006 07:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The original Q2 WoD modification had a freeze gun in it. It was the alt fire for the super shotgun. I would like to see it make a return in Q4 WoD and have spoken with others that share the same mode of thought. It's very possibly you may eventually see the return of that gun in Q4WoD. This is all speculation of course. ;)

One of my favorite things to do in Q2WoD was freeze someone with that gun and push them into the lava with the tractor beam while their frozen immobilized body quickly felt the heat and melted into oblivion. I'm surprised I never hurt myself with the loads of laughter I enjoyed doing that.

Last edited by B3AST on 05-06-2006 07:39 PM, edited 2 times in total.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-06-2006 07:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah. This mod is pretty fun. And having freeze in it would make it funnerer.

I think the freeze should be the alt of the BFG. Fire the BFG at your enemies and the more damage it does the longer it freeze the enemy for or something like that. : D

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-06-2006 09:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The two weapons I'm intending on adding to WOD is the flamethrower and the freeze gun. When will this be? Don't know.

We're toying with the idea of releasing a patch for 2.9 that will add spawn protection and change the hook. Hook wise, we feel that it's to "instant" in comparrison to Q2WOD, so we've simulated a projectile hook. Minus the projectile since having those will effect performance.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-07-2006 09:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can swinging into a wall cut the hook? Because whenever that happens, the position of the player seems to bug the F out.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-07-2006 09:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Spawn protection sucks. Make the spawn system for team games better so you don't spawn between a bunch of enemies, just to be spawnraped.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 05-24-2006 05:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oeloe wrote:
Spawn protection sucks. Make the spawn system for team games better so you don't spawn between a bunch of enemies, just to be spawnraped.

Spawn protection is a priority for the dev team. Just a couple of updates for everyone that has tried it or is considering giving it a try.

WoD is getting some pub in the UK. There's a short review posted over on the Jolt site. Click here to read it.

The dev team has also been able to implement a quick HUD fix which allows you to see traditional the death history in the upper left corner of the screen. I especially like this for good laughs when someone spams their own selves. Just drop this in your weapons folder. if you dont like it. delete the pk4.

I'll see you on the servers. A good group of people are playing every night and new faces are appearing which is great to see. I'm usually on the HHR server just about every night around 8pm CST. Happy gaming!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.