Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Q4 SP Showstopper?!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Q4 SP Showstopper?!

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 05-06-2006 09:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just played through Q4 Single Player, but at one point had to use noclip to get through a door that just would not open :(

This is in map 5, when you return to the "big gun". At the foot of that gun there is a door you need to open. For this you climb up via some crates, to be attacked by a monster coming out of a hole in the sand/ground. Jump into the hole, unlock the door, your team enters and fights one more monster. And that's that... there are two doors in this room and one of them should open. But it stays locked (red light).

WTH is going on?

Is this some really ugly but with the v1.2 patch?

Another thing I found really strange was the collecting of ammo for the Hyperblaster and the Lightning Gun. After "just" picking up the ammo I suddenly actually had the weapon as well.

What's going on here?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 05-06-2006 10:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It stays locked until you go to the door that wouldn't open originaly (The one you had to jump on to get in). Once that door opens your team comes in and you can carry on.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 05-06-2006 10:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's what I would have expected. Moved to and throw and it did not help. I ever reloaded a savepoint when entering that area again, 3 times... did not help. Hmmm...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-07-2006 05:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The speedrun blockers from hell are playing with you ! I think your pc needs exorcism ;)

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 05-07-2006 06:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In Far Cry when you ran the SP game in developper mode, this would at times lead to such problems.

But other than fov toggle and clean screenshots (turns off hud) I did not do anything that should confuse Q4...

Weird... will replay the game soon and test again... sigh.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.