Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Galang, Monsoon, Ruiner for 1.1, and a new map

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Galang, Monsoon, Ruiner for 1.1, and a new map

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 05-22-2006 05:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Copy/paste from my post on ESR:
The 1.1 patch for "Quake 4" changed the way a maps should be packed. For me that was great opportunity to fix and re-release some stuff. There are some issues regarding my most known works: "Galang" has problems with spawn-raping and "Monsoon" crashes servers in "Tourney" mode. That is why I focused on those maps, but "Ruiner" also needed some fixes. And there is this fourth map, "A Man Called Sun", remix of my level for CPMA, which I made only for fun, but it turned out to be a very good competitive level for "Quake 4" (by now it is my personal favourite out of this pack).

Major changes in each level:
Galang
- fixed wall-climbing bug
- rearranged spawnpoints placement
- fixed visportal bugs

Monsoon
- fixed server crashing issues (I had to remove skyportal, so the sky looks worse)
- removed clips over the stairs
- moved some spawpoints (one or two, not so big change as in "Galang")
- removed stairs from the lower entrance to RA room, instead there is a ramp

Ruiner
- crouch-sliding in RA room does not boost you up anymore
- added some clips here and there
- map is no more showed twice in maplist

A Man Called Sun
- fixed strafe-jumping bugs
- MH respawn time is now set to 60 seconds.
- some minor layout changes that make flow better

All the maps have proper addon.conf files and are ready to work with "Quake 4" auto-dowload system. The maps (except "A Man Called Sun" which was only known as beta before) do not overwrite their previous versions. File name convention for new versions is as follows: l4dmX_1, where X is a number of map.

Screenshots:
Galang, Monsoon, Ruiner, A Man Called Sun

Download 19600 KB
PlanetQuake4.net
Rapidshare.de
Levitation
ingame.de

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-22-2006 12:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For 1.1?
Is everything OK in 1.2 ver.?No need for further update?

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 05-22-2006 01:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool icon dude :o

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 05-22-2006 02:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Corey Serbia wrote:
For 1.1?
Is everything OK in 1.2 ver.?No need for further update?

The pack is for Quake 4 1.1 or newer. I think it would work even with 1.0 - it just utilizes the auto-download system that was introduced in 1.1.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-22-2006 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

3 out of 5 maps on the CPL list are Lukins.. thats some achievement, n1 lukin u rock :icon31:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.