Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Systematic Lockdown v1.1

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Systematic Lockdown v1.1

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-26-2006 07:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This map was created for the Viacga/Doom3world 1v1 competition, but it is really more suited for 2v2 or FFA. This version has been updated to ver 1.1.

Link:

http://files.quake4world.com/detail.php?id=273

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-28-2006 08:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This deserves some credit, because what you've got here is a really, really well made and unique map. That said:

It would be a terrible nightmare for 1 vs 1.. it has a lot of real estate, and whoever holds the rail gun will clearly dominate. But for four players, maybe.. this is a really nice looking, creative map.

Good work!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-29-2006 01:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, GODLIKE. People really seem to like this map a lot. It is one of my favorites also.

And you are 100% correct. I was having some level-size issues back when I made this map (it is my second completed map) and it wasn't until it was too late that I realized that the map was way too big for 1v1 play.

This was originally released in the Via/D3W large mappack back in Feb. but I don't think it got much exposure. Now that autodownload has been implemented, hopefully more ppl will find this map and have as much fun playing it as I had building it.

phantazm11

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-31-2006 07:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just curious: Is there a secret to the small room/ledge that you get to via the two short ramps? or just a slightly higher sniping spot?

FragaGeddon
FragaGeddon
PostPosted: 05-31-2006 08:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantazm11 wrote:
This map was created for the Viacga/Doom3world 1v1 competition, but it is really more suited for 2v2 or FFA. This version has been updated to ver 1.1.

Link:

http://files.quake4world.com/detail.php?id=273

Could you post your config that you use when you made those screenshots?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-31-2006 04:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GODLIKE: Sorry, no secrets. I put it in as a place for a red armor, but decided that it threw the balance off a bit. I kind of liked the spot though, so I left it in the map and placed some ammo there instead.

FragaGeddon: That screen was taken in high quality @ 1024 x 768.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.