Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        The more I play Quake 4 online ...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: The more I play Quake 4 online ...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-31-2006 04:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The more I'm really enjoying it. Really fun times. Almost that Quake 1 feeling. Anyone else? :icon31:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-31-2006 06:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I rather enjoy it when theres a good group of peeps in. Missing sounds is annoying, but not enough to keep me from playing.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-31-2006 10:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like Quake 4 very much. Especially with GTR mod ; ) I play it at least 2 or 3 hours a day

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-01-2006 12:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Enjoying CPMa (and Starcraft) too much too switch to something inferior... -_-

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-01-2006 12:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What is GTR mod about?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-01-2006 12:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Q4 is teh b3st ev4r!!!111... not. 1.3 will blow your nuts out of the water.

xchaser
xchaser
PostPosted: 06-01-2006 05:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I would play 2 - 3 hours also if I can find servers with ppl to play with low pings, only servers with more than 5 ppl in them are from euro servers. us has hardly no one playing them. I can sometimes find a nice ra4 server with more than 6 ppl.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-01-2006 11:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

iluvquake4 wrote:
What is GTR mod about?

- It has faster player movement and faster rockets (almost Q3)
- Smaller hitboxes
- Voteable Midair, Quake4world and QuakeWorld gametypes.
- Custom weapon skins

etc..

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-01-2006 12:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got any IPs of servers running GTR?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-01-2006 03:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ver1tas wrote:
iluvquake4 wrote:
What is GTR mod about?

- Voteable Midair, Quake4world and QuakeWorld gametypes.
What's the difference between the Q4W and QW mode and does either of them have CPMa style physics (air control but loss of speed on sharp turns; doublejumps; stairjumps)?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-02-2006 03:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

iluvquake4 wrote:
Got any IPs of servers running GTR?

http://gtr.quakedev.com/?section=gtr&id=5

difference between Q4W and QW mode:

Q4W has their own promode movement (left/right strafekeys for aircontrol), its pretty strong.
it contains doublejumps, teleporters that keep speed&angle

QW is like q4w, but with the original QW movement, and no doublejumps.
soon I'll change the weaponbalance, by removing the rail, and changing some of the other weapons.

If you don't like either of the promodes, but you want a promode:
there is an GTR promode in development, by an experienced cpma player,
its going to be pretty similar to cpma, but it'll contain some improvements and new tricks, to make it more attractive.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 06-02-2006 07:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

WARNING! RANT WITH BAD SPELLING

i have to say... i enjoyed/enjoy playing quake4 online... but really i got it for the singleplayer.... (thats what it was made for) the fact they released/are releasing multiplayer is good.. but sometimes, i find the online community to be a bit harsh.... liquids? why bother.... thay always look shit... bar Metal Gear solid (the ps2 version) and in multi player... water is mostly avoided.

Female models? i have to say the quake4 world does come off a little gay... where are the ladies? females are not timid little housewives these days... grow out of your 1950's attitudes towards women... no wonder there are so few women in the community.... its all big tits and ass... this 15 year odd wanker mentality has to change. i do not get turned on by computer characters... and neather should you... keep it real.

bots? sure... bots are good... sometimes pub servers are no fun.. esp if there is like 1 amazing player... and a whole lot of assholes

Back to my singleplayer rant
where is emotion? the death of a main character/characters.... i was hoping kane was gonna die... that could have been cool....like for episode 1.. then you continue with a new character in the 2nd. but no... a very generic story... try cutting up the timeline a little... past and future in 1 game... pulp fiction styles...
all that aside, i loved the game.

1.3 sounds cool....
its odd that they finished the game with.... "your going back..." da
da da da.... then canned it... sorry... we cant be bothered... money lalalalala... i do understand... its a tough industry...

im gonna finish with this... some of you guys in the community are so wraped up in what you want... that sometimes you go overboard... if you want q3 q2 q1 style gameplay.... play those games... stop saying things like... oh q4 is shit... its not q3! ITS NOT SHIT! if you act like this... its no wonder that the developers stay away from these places... to many assholes.... not enough constructive/imaginative conversation....

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-03-2006 03:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hehe nice post, exactly my feelings about it :)

quoting myself:
>soon I'll change the weaponbalance, by removing the rail, and changing some of the other weapons.

got a lot questions about this.. this is only for the qw mode, the rail stays in default gameplay.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 06-03-2006 07:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

which one is better Quake 3 or Quake 4? :P

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-03-2006 07:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

why is there always the comparison between q3 and q4 ? q4 is more like q2.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 06-03-2006 07:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because everyone was playing Q3 then Q4 came along?

Seems obvious.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-03-2006 11:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

iceman wrote:

Quake 3 is a thing of the past. It's 2006, not 1999.

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 06-03-2006 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

at the core we are still playing a game made in the early 90's
i personally didn't like q4 initially and haven't
played it for a long time ..i did the same with quake2.

my beef was the maps,player model,sound and high demands on my aging system.

my biggest beef was not knowing spatially where the players were .. in quake3 i could tell close near left right but the damn footsteps sucked so bad i quit playing.
have they fixed the sound of footsteps?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-26-2006 10:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a lot of fun. Definitely has the ferocity of Q1. Ahhhh Q1DM4...

denzii.visible = false
denzii.visible = false
PostPosted: 06-27-2006 02:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was into it big time when it first came out, I thought it was going to be big. But I was let down, the lack of enthusiasm of the game was rather disappointing, so I quit playing it altogether.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-05-2006 02:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so... you would call yourself a follower? not a leader?

Quake Addict
Quake Addict
PostPosted: 07-05-2006 05:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

iceman wrote:
If they ever make a good patch, maybe people will start playing quake 4 again, but till then...quake 3 is still the best game ever for a lots of reason...

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-05-2006 09:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i think ra3 is better than q3 :)

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-05-2006 10:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

(Well, RA3 is pretty f**king good, though.. That's almost not fair to Q3).

Q4 is not Q3. It's a different game.. a different GOOD game (with a couple of irritating bugs that we pray will be resolved).

It will never be as popular as Q3 was back in the day (before WoW, and twenty or so other games that lure people away). The community of deathmatchers is smaller.. Deal with it.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-06-2006 02:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i tryed to like wow... but its just sooooooooo boring :)

Quake Addict
Quake Addict
PostPosted: 07-06-2006 02:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fKd wrote:
i tryed to like wow... but its just sooooooooo boring :)

And the worst thing is, you have to pay to play.... :icon13:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-06-2006 07:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

aint that the truth

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.