Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        New ZDaemon Launcher is OUT!!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: New ZDaemon Launcher is OUT!!

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 05-29-2005 08:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The new launcher for ZDaemon is out. I also have a newer version of the client, but I'm not sure if it's in the latest installer or not.

But anyway, you can get it at zdaemon.org. The most exciting change to the launcher is it now sports a cool IRC custom client that connects directly to #zdplayers so you can set up matches more easily.

The server browser is also improved.

If you want a game, I'll be on now and then, and will probably always be idling in #zdplayers. See you there. :)

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 05-29-2005 04:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o p e n g l ? :ninja:

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 05-29-2005 11:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nah, it's not ZDaemon 2.0.

It's just a new launcher. Like I said though, I've personally got the latest build of the client, too, but I don't know if it's out to the public yet. It doesn't have openGL either, but it's advanced over the last client for sure.

The next big release of ZDaemon is going to be 1.07. It won't have openGL either, unfortunately.

But it will be the greatest ZDaemon to date. 2.0 is out there, but it's not been touched since last year in November. They're really putting a lot of work into 1.07 at the moment, and after that, I'm hoping they'll kick back into work on 2.0.

And that will have openGL. :)

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 05-29-2005 11:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doesn't an experimental branch of ZDoom support OpenGL as well?

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 05-30-2005 07:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I believe so. Lots of source ports for DOOM have OpenGL support. But since ZDaemon is the only one really worth investing time into for deathmatch, I don't really mess with the others.

I have a pretty decked out version of jDoom on my hdd with the new textures, music, and models though. And in OpenGL. That's kind of fun, I guess.

Let's Get Serious!
Let's Get Serious!
PostPosted: 05-30-2005 09:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^misantropia^ wrote:
Doesn't an experimental branch of ZDoom support OpenGL as well?
Grab ZDoomGL if you want to experience the ZDoom goodness in OpenGL.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.