Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        random deaths

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: random deaths

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 05:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i wasnt sure where to put this cos it isnt really a computer problem but i dont know why it happens:
Sometimes, when some people are talking and if u shoot them, its says u killed them, but u also die when u kill them. This only happens with certain people, i was wonderin if any1 know why this happens or how u do it :confused:
Any help appreciated :icon25:

Never dies...
Never dies...
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 02:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Uhhh that's wierd. Make sure it was a pure server. Make sure you are playing on v1.32 servers. And are you sure someone didn't get you from the back? It says who killed you in the top left of the screen. Or open the console with the "~" (tilde) key.

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 03:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

its happened to me and my friend. There was 3 of us. i could see them both. when one was talking i shot him and it said in the top left corner:
[there name] was railed by CrinklyArse.
CrinklyArse died.

this was before i started updatin my quake to 1.32 and punkbuster and all that so it couldve been impure but its happened on different servers. In contrary, sometimes when u shoot the same person when they're talkin (under the same circumstances) they die as normal and u dont :confused:

any ideas???

Never dies...
Never dies...
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 01:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really have no idea then. It doesn't sound like a problem in Quake 3, yet it doesn't sound like a hack either. I wouldn't worry about it anymore. As long as you're on 1.32, there shouldn't be a problem.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 01:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I never experienced this. Must be some kinda fluke or maybe the server has anti-chat killing implemented, whereas you kill someone that has their chat bubble open you will get punished by dying also.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 01:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Was this on a vanilla Q3 server or some other kind of mod/serverside mod?

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 03-12-2005 04:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it was here: 217.147.32.18:27961.
thats a version 1.16n so it couldve been somethin to do with dat

Necro
Necro
PostPosted: 03-12-2005 04:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

holy shit!
still servers playing 1.16?
was'nt/is'nt that the demo PR?

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 03-12-2005 05:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

with me it was the one that came with the game. now i have the converter thing so i have all versions. :icon25: (thanks dzjepp lol)

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 05:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe it's a mod that prevents people from type-killing..

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 07:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

pyrogenik wrote:
Maybe it's a mod that prevents people from type-killing..

My first thought as well...

and no, 1.16 wasn't the first version of retail Q3, that was 1.11

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 11:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well ive being playin the latest version now and i havent come across it since. thanks for ure help anyway guys :icon25:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.