Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Noob Question

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Noob Question

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 12:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just reinstalled Q3 after many many years since i got it,so i'm quite noob here now.Can someone tell me what's up with this Team Arena thing?Do i need it to play online and do i have to buy it or what?Any help will be greatly appreciated.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 01:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Team Arena is an official expansion from id. It's like a CTF mod with extra options and modes. You have to buy it, but these days it comes bundled with Quake III Gold.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 02:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

imo ta was a COMPLETE FLOP

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 04:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So do most ppl playing quake3 online have it or what...
And also,i updated to 1.32 and now when i run the console it says:"Couldn't load default.cfg"
Can anyone help me with that?

Also,this CD of quake i have is from a friend,and since it doesn't have any cd key on it,i dont think its authentic,must be cracked or something?I can't play online without a valid cd-key from what i remember,can i?

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 05:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's right.

You should be able to find a copy of Q3 in a bargain bin at your nearest town, or at an online retailer.

It's real cheap now :)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 05:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK thanks a lot for all the replys.I'll try to find a new copy cheap,or else i'll just wait for Q4 :icon31:

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 08:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't bother getting TA, nobody plays it. Real shame. :(

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 05:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
Don't bother getting TA, nobody plays it. Real shame. :(

Real shame indeed.
Team Arena was fantastic

Never dies...
Never dies...
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 10:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nobody played it, because nobody played it.

:dork: Quite the paradox.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Uh, stop talking shit.
Team Arena was quite hot in europe. I played it _alot_ through the net. They hosted a few cups too.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 09:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I bought it, but hardly played it. I didn't really like it and the sound (voices) was pretty shite.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 09:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
I bought it, but hardly played it. I didn't really like it and the sound (voices) was pretty shite.

Yeh the voices were wank but at least you could disable those.
The texture work and map design in Team Arena was just so jaw dropping gorgeous and sported excellent gameplay. It's a real shame it didn't caught on better, but I guess that's what you get for charging €35 or something for an expensionpack.

Even though it's not quite the same, many people argued that id Software should've released TA for free because Epic released those bonus packs. Ignorance++ indeed, but that's just the general feeling I got from a lot of people.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.