Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        about grappling hook

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: about grappling hook

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what can i do with it?

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 03-13-2005 09:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can use the grappling hook for a variety of purposes, like pulling yourself across a room, as well as everyone's favorite - wait on the ceiling for some unsuspecting player to walk underneath -- then let the grenades fly!

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-25-2005 02:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How do u use the grappling hook or is it in Quake3 team arena. :icon23:

Gomu Gomu no.....
Gomu Gomu no.....
PostPosted: 03-25-2005 03:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The grappling hook is not in either Q3 (unmodded) or Team Arena. The code that makes it work is there, they just haven't bothered to make it usable. However you can (by enabling cheats) give yourself the grappling hook in Q3 or play a mod that has it enabled.

-An eyeful a day is bloody fantastic!-

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-26-2005 04:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Where can i find cheats.

Note. my time is 7 hours fast, it's realy 4:14 PM
:icon25:

Gomu Gomu no.....
Gomu Gomu no.....
PostPosted: 03-27-2005 02:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

/devmap [name of map]

-An eyeful a day is bloody fantastic!-

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-27-2005 04:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

/devmap [name of map] what
please tell me :paranoid:

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 03-27-2005 04:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

he means if you want to cheat then put

/devmap then the name of map
eg
/devmap q3dm17

then there are cheats you can put in:
like i think one is '/god' or something. Do a google search and you should find quite a hand full of them ;)

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-28-2005 09:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i looked on google, found some cheat sites but none had anything about a grappling hook.

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 03-28-2005 09:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i dont think the grappling hook is a 'cheat' as such. Before i upgraded to 1.32 there was a server i found on 1.16n that had the grappling hook enabled. I could give you the ip if you want but its nothin great ;)

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-28-2005 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

never mind i found out what it is.
it's /give grappling hook

you guys have any other cool things to tell me.

no u
no u
PostPosted: 03-28-2005 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FrEaK44 wrote:
you guys have any other cool things to tell me.

hm, well if you want to experiment with stuff, check

this thread on how to make some custom bots.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.