Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        How to "make" a game yours?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: How to "make" a game yours?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-21-2005 02:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey; I woult like to practice some more and I was making a game of my own so I can put in bots that are not that great :icon25: .
But; I want it to be as the games I played (flag) and then ONLY with the railgun........HOW do I do that? When I open; there's always all the stuff.......

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 03-21-2005 02:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can make your own custom levels (a long process, would take a day or two at minimum to make a basic level).

Or, you can download a mod called 'corkscrew' and play with that. It's railgun only. There's also one called instagib which is railgun 1-shot-1-kill.

There are probably other mods that can meet your requirements.

Quake Addict
Quake Addict
PostPosted: 03-21-2005 02:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

here try that mod on that link;
http://www.planetquake.com/instagibplus/

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 11:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanx guys; I am going to try that!

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 12:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay; tried the mod, but I don't know how to install it....... :icon23:
The readme says I should unpack it IN Q3 folder and when I do, I can't select it in the game........or I don't know HOW to select it.......

Quote:
Start a server using your normal server command line options and
+set fs_game instagibplus +set instagib <n> (n being 1 to 11)

This is from the readmefile. I just start a server with "create" and when i choose "dedicated"; the game throws me out.
So I don't use dedicated btw.
But; do I (and where?) have to fill in "+ set fs_game instagibplus" or do I misunderstand?
You might already understand; I am the biggest nOOb there is with this kind of stuff.........

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have tried somethings.......but now I see a lot of .cfg files and I saw a program that makes them; I can adjust and it saves to a .cfg file.
HOW do I choose the .cfg files in the game then?

Quake Addict
Quake Addict
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 09:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Start the game normally, and after the loading of the game, press ESC and choose MODS, you should see instagib in there...

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-23-2005 01:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is that in the main menu? There is only Q3 and osp......nothing else.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-23-2005 02:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ice wim wrote:
HOW do I choose the .cfg files in the game then?

/exec <filename>

Quake Addict
Quake Addict
PostPosted: 03-23-2005 05:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ice wim wrote:
Is that in the main menu? There is only Q3 and osp......nothing else.

You can do it with OSP too...load OSP mod and when the game start, bring down the console and type ; /callvote [enter]
a menu should appear, just choose instagib + map name.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.