Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        linux Server, strange net_port

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: linux Server, strange net_port

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-28-2005 05:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi!

I have just created a server on a Linux dist. When I run it as a daemon and sets the command "+set net_port 27960" in the ./q3ded string it ignore it complete.

The sever is behind a D-Link router and with a ip 192.168.x.x but the router forwards the ip so it can be shown on the Inet...but here cames the funny tricky part:

I can connect it through my gamecomputer via the LAN ip, 192.168.x.x:27960...but NOT through All-seeing eye to my ISP ip wich is 82.196.90.x, OTHERS CAN JOIN IT...?!? but not through ASE, through Q3 gamelist are they joining, at least they says. I can also join my server through q3 gamelist...but here cames the even more funny tricky part:

The net_port is showing a port over 60000, last I checked the port number was 60450. Why is my port set to 60450 when I have put in the port string 27960...and Yes, it is a dedicated 2 server.

I do have a little clue...can it be like this when I only have 1 ip-address, I mean my gamecomputer and server have the very same ip ISP number from the router...?

/K.

no u
no u
PostPosted: 03-28-2005 01:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

there was something similar to that in this post.

try putting your net_port and net_ip in your server config or q3config.cfg

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.