Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        whos sending server rcon comands?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: whos sending server rcon comands?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-07-2007 12:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello. I was wondering if there is a program that will tell me the ip address of the people sending rcon commands to my server. I have the console logs and the game logs but it doesnt say the ip adderss or the comands. People are getting kicked and server settings a re wack half the time. I dont want to take rcon from my clan so I would like to know whos messing with it.

any help would be great.

piecemaker
piecemaker
PostPosted: 04-07-2007 07:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What mod is your server running?

I remember having admin.log files which have quite abit of info if I remember right?

My memory is very fuzzy on this but if you have access to the games.log?
I'm sure you should have an admin.log as well?

You will get your answer soon if this doesn't help. There are still
quite a few very knowledgable and helpful users that like to help.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 04-08-2007 06:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Provided that you are running vanilla 1.32 with +set logfile 1, you should find entries like "Rcon from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: some command string" in your logs.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 04-08-2007 10:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

why did you give out your rcon password in the first place?

piecemaker
piecemaker
PostPosted: 04-08-2007 10:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Easy access for all of his Clan.

Hopefully he's learning this isn't such good idea.

Maybe using a mod with referee would be a better way of doing it.

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 04-08-2007 12:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Change the password. If it happens again, then you'll know if someone in your clan is an ass. I think(can't remember been so long since I ran a server)to find out what the IP addresses are for the players is... \status
Then you'll also know if someone in your clan is changing their name and changing the cvars on the server. Write down their addresses....or pay attention to addresses that are playing when the cvars end up changing. Bust Em...and ban Em. :icon34:

Or the simple fix...Don't give out your damn rconPassword! :icon33:

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-10-2007 02:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thanks

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.