Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Bodies

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Bodies

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 12:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is there a command in quake that stops bodies from disapearing after you have killed someone?

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 01:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No...

Take a minute and consider the gameplay implication of what a command like that would bring.

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 01:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They should of had it so that all the dead bodies just stay there...have a server with eight clients and at the end of the match theres like one-hundred bodies covering the floor..Hah :icon25: Piles of Frags!

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 01:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL yeah that was idea. Shoot gibs everywhere

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 03:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

v1l3 wrote:
They should of had it so that all the dead bodies just stay there...have a server with eight clients and at the end of the match theres like one-hundred bodies covering the floor..Hah :icon25: Piles of Frags!

Quake II

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 04:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I want all gibs to fly north!!!

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 04:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Red Bull.

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 04:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
Quake II

hehe...yeah, I was playing UltimateDoom and saw this topic..when you play on Nightmare the bodies congregate on the ground. I love it :tear:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 08:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Key sequence to keep bodies in the map.
~/quitWINC:\Doom2\Zdaemon.exe~connect###.##.##.###:#####
And enjoy your corpses on the ground (feel free to replace the #'s with actual numbers... the more #'s you replace the more enjoyable your experience may be)!

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 04-08-2007 05:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You really wouldn't have a shitload of bodies on the floor at the end of the match.

A lot of the bodies would get gibbed by rocket-fire and the like.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 04-08-2007 05:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and it would make it quite cumbersome to strafe :icon11: :icon10: :icon3: :icon10: :!:

Realistic Gore
Realistic Gore
PostPosted: 04-08-2007 05:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hang on, i didnt think that bodies were obstructions when theyre were dead. I was under the impression corpses just sank into the floor as harmless pieces of nothing.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 04-08-2007 05:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's probably kill game performance for the program to have to keep track of all that.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 04-08-2007 05:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

JB wrote:
hang on, i didnt think that bodies were obstructions when theyre were dead. I was under the impression corpses just sank into the floor as harmless pieces of nothing.

nah man, you gotta hop over them, unless you've got the hack :icon10: :icon11:

Realistic Gore
Realistic Gore
PostPosted: 04-08-2007 07:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i swear you could walk through them in Promode *trots off*

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 04-09-2007 08:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

menkent wrote:
it's probably kill game performance for the program to have to keep track of all that.

Q2 has it and it doesn't seem to suffer from serious FPS drops. There's some upper limit after which the oldest bodies start to vanish, though.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 04-09-2007 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
nah man, you gotta hop over them, unless you've got the hack :icon10: :icon11:

you're a sick sick man :cheers:

Realistic Gore
Realistic Gore
PostPosted: 04-09-2007 05:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^misantropia^ wrote:
menkent wrote:

Q2 has it and it doesn't seem to suffer from serious FPS drops. There's some upper limit after which the oldest bodies start to vanish, though.

The definition of a "fast" computer has changed since the good ol Q2 days, man. Sure you can play it now and not get a single frame dropped with seventeen corpses surrounding you, but you have to take into account the speed of the computer youre playing it on. Back then, the idea of a 2.0Ghz processor was still science-fiction.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-10-2007 01:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

JB wrote:
^misantropia^ wrote:
menkent wrote:

The definition of a "fast" computer has changed since the good ol Q2 days, man. Sure you can play it now and not get a single frame dropped with seventeen corpses surrounding you, but you have to take into account the speed of the computer youre playing it on. Back then, the idea of a 2.0Ghz processor was still science-fiction.

Hogwash. Ah used t'play Q2 on a P700 with 192MB RAM an' the bodies didn't lag the game much.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-10-2007 11:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

JB wrote:

they block projectile weapons, such as pills and rockets.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-12-2007 08:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

using bodies for impactgrenades == protip

Realistic Gore
Realistic Gore
PostPosted: 04-16-2007 02:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DarkTemplar wrote:
JB wrote:
^misantropia^ wrote:
menkent wrote:

Hogwash. Ah used t'play Q2 on a P700 with 192MB RAM an' the bodies didn't lag the game much.

well i played on an 800mhz processor and a generic Microsoft chipset and i lagged a bitch after a while in a full 32 player FFA

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.