Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Electric grappling hook help

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Electric grappling hook help

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-18-2005 07:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well I've looked through a lot of the forums and I've found a little bit of help on this subject, but I'm a newbie so I could use some step by step help.

With playing multiplayer online I see some people using an "electric" style grappling hook that pulls them to the ceiling or the side of the wall. Then they wait for an unsuspecting fool, usually me, to come bye and then they blast them. Like I said I've seen a little help with this subject in threads, but I need some step by step instructions.

Thanks a lot guys

Op

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 04-18-2005 07:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I answered your question in the general discussion thread :)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-18-2005 07:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
I answered your question in the general discussion thread :)

Ahh I see, thanks.

On more thing, say I have a server at work and everyone in the office plays. How do I set it up on the boards so I can use it?

Thanks agian

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 04-18-2005 08:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

set what up on what boards.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 04-18-2005 11:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Depends on the mod you're playing.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-19-2005 03:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay sorry, I need to explain a little more. Like I said I'm really new at this, but love playing it. So I understand about the grappling hook with online play. They have to have it active on the board they set up for you to be able to use it. What if I wanted to set up that option for the grappling hook on my work server were we all play. And do I need to be the server after it's set up? I'm not sure what a "mod" is and any of the default boards would work, I just need the general layout of some step by step instructions on what to do.

Thanks

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 04-19-2005 11:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A mod is a modification of the original gameplay (OSP, CPMA, IU, etc). If you don't know what it is, chances are you ain't playing one. To enable the grapple on a vanilla Q3 server, cheats need to be enabled. Pull down the console and type:

/devmap q3dm1
/give grappling hook

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.