Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Server not on the list. Any ideas ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Server not on the list. Any ideas ?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-27-2005 02:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey,

I have set up my own server (running on linux) and i can easily connect to it by specifying ip and port . (open port is 49000)

But ....

My server is not visible in the game when browsing available games even though it should be on 1st position (ping below 10).

What's up with that ?

diabolical besier hugger in disguise
diabolical besier hugger in disguise
PostPosted: 04-28-2005 03:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you might be connecting to the server through your network, other than that, my knowledge is quite little

perhaps change the port to 27960 (which i believe is the standard port for q3 ip's)

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 04-28-2005 05:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

corsair wrote:
you might be connecting to the server through your network,

yerp. you're searching the 'net when your on you're own lan. have someone outside of your lan/ip check for you.

no u
no u
PostPosted: 05-03-2005 04:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

make sure your using the set net_port and net_ip in your startup line.

also add more more master servers to your server config:

set sv_master1 "master3.idsoftware.com"
set sv_master2 "master0.gamespy.com"
set sv_master3 "clanservers.net"

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.