Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Can't use all mouse buttons in Q3TA

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Can't use all mouse buttons in Q3TA

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-13-2005 10:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

especially in Q3TA I need a lot of mb's to bind all my team orders, but the game doesn't accept the side scrolling buttons of my Logitech MX 700. Of course I've got the latest patch installed and using XP

Can anyone help me?

THX in advance

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 05-13-2005 10:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a 5 button mouse, a Fellowers or whatever they are called that hasn't given me any problems as of yet. I have it bound as follows...the extra buttons anyway.

/bind mouse4 "screenshotjpeg"
/bind mouse5 "kill"

I actually think CaseDogg had that same mouse and had some problems with it, could be way off but iirc that's the same mouse he had...Give the above a try though if you haven't allready.

Also, when you go into the controls part of Quake 3's menu, does you extra mouse buttons not respond when trying to bind there?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-13-2005 10:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh, now I'm here already, why are all Q3-player models from Polycount and other websites
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/do ... order=DESC
somewhat spastic or just fan stuff. I got no clue but is it that hard to create a model quite similar to the original ones? Or can anyone prove me wrong and give links as an "evidence"?

Luckily it works with weapon models, especially map designing etc.

Anyway, just a thing that jumped around my mind for quite a while now

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-13-2005 10:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thanks @t bork[e] for the superbly fast reply, I'll give it a try (never tried to alter the cfg before). When I click on the mb in the option menu it doesn't respond, but strangely my mb1 (fire) is not set anymore. I guess it thinks [arrow up] is nothing or equals mb1 while [arrow down] works perfectly.

strange...

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-14-2005 09:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nay, unfortunately it doesn't work with the bind-function or the config menu. is it possible that q3(t)a only supports 4 mb's? I read about a certain logitech-bug which can be switched on or off via the console ("\in_logitechbug "1") but that doesn't change anything about that prob for me.

But thanks anyway

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 05-14-2005 02:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Frag-Noob wrote:
Hi everybody,

especially in Q3TA I need a lot of mb's to bind all my team orders, but the game doesn't accept the side scrolling buttons of my Logitech MX 700. Of course I've got the latest patch installed and using XP

Can anyone help me?

THX in advance

Make sure you have the mouseware installed..

My mx700 was gay like that until i actually used the software, not i can bind all my mouse buttons..

It curdled, and then I couldn't drink it. So I mixed it with some water, and it was alright again.

I am now sick.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-16-2005 01:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bork[e] wrote:
I have a 5 button mouse, a Fellowers or whatever they are called that hasn't given me any problems as of yet. I have it bound as follows...the extra buttons anyway.

/bind mouse4 "screenshotjpeg"
/bind mouse5 "kill"

I actually think CaseDogg had that same mouse and had some problems with it, could be way off but iirc that's the same mouse he had...Give the above a try though if you haven't allready.

Also, when you go into the controls part of Quake 3's menu, does you extra mouse buttons not respond when trying to bind there?

those are some very odd binds for your mouse
i know quake isnt as complex as other games as far as needing alot of functions but i certainly filled up 6 of my 8 mouse buttons with useful functions

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 05-16-2005 08:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What are you saying? In CTF that kill command works wonders if you fall off the side of the platforms more than you run over them. :)

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 05-16-2005 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bork[e] wrote:
What are you saying? In CTF that kill command works wonders if you fall off the side of the platforms more than you run over them. :)

or giving up the flag/power-up(s) to a teammate

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-18-2005 08:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and dont forget that you can also bnd the keys from your numpad

/bind KP_HOME say hi <---the number 7
/bind KP_END say hi <---the number 1
/bind KP_5 say hi <----the number 5

and so on...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.