Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        client_unknown_to_auth

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: client_unknown_to_auth

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-18-2005 09:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am getting this message, and these makes me cannot connect to the most servers

client_unknown_to_auth

AND

PB GUID AUTH:UNKN

i have no idea what these things are

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 05-18-2005 03:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:q3:

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-18-2005 04:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thanx brother

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 05-18-2005 07:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did that do anything? It's the only thing I can find and that isn't a problem I've had in the past...so I'm not sure what the true fix is for it?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-19-2005 01:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, I think it does but I was asking around other forums too and they came up with editing my limhost file.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-20-2005 11:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes i do. actually i re-installed my 1.32 with pb...

I still kept getting the message BUT

when after i re-install 1.32 and PB (so everything is new) i can connect to the servers, and it will put me on spec, now i know why that happens, it will update my pb, but its now updating it cause it says

PB CANT AUTHENTICATE.....etc...sigh

then mins later, i will go back to the PB GUID AUTH:UNKN

so annoying.

why is quake with pb so hard to play.

piecemaker
piecemaker
PostPosted: 05-20-2005 12:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll copy and paste some info I found browsing http://www.evenbalance.com.
Evenbalance FAQ for Quake 3

...............Copy directly from the FAQ..................

Why am I getting kicked for PB Guid Auth: UNKN?

The "PB GUID AUTH: UNKN" kicking means that your Game client is not sending a valid cdkey to id's cdkey auth server. Usually this is due to a problem with your cdkey entry. Exit Quake3 and then use your Windows explorer program to find the baseq3 folder where Quake3 is installed on your system and delete the file called q3key. Launch Quake3 directly and before you get to the game's main menu, it should ask you to enter your cdkey. Be sure to enter the 16 character cdkey from your Quake3 cd-case in all lower case letters. NOTE: If your cdkey has 18 characters, then you are not finding the right key. Team Arena keys have 18 characters, Quake3 keys have 16. If this does not fix the problem, then perhaps there is some type of firewall or security software blocking your game's communication to id's cdkey auth server. Be sure that UDP port 27952 is open for clear communication if you have a firewall or some type of security software.
Note: A cdkey is only valid if you bought the game and have a cdkey on your cd-case! Using a cdkey generator will allow you to overcome the checksum check within Quake3, stating that your cdkey is valid - it is only valid for single player though and will not allow you to play on the internet

Take a look and see if that helps at all? I think it might. :icon26:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.