Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-10-2011 05:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 01-10-2011 06:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dinner For Schmucks = 6.5/10 - Quite funny considering the stereotypical presentation, but overall was cheapened even more by the fact that 99% of the cast of The Daily Show was in this...it was almost as if they were doing them a favor or because nobody else wanted to do the film. Steve Carell is an absolute genius at playing dim-witted people. While predictible, this movie also reminded me that stupid people, even innocent and well-meaning, still sometimes deserve a punch in the cock for all the chaos they bring.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-10-2011 06:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Splice= 2/10 wtf did i just watch? not very good to say the least.

stay away from it

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-10-2011 06:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:
lol, it's a remake you dumbshit.

I know, what makes you think i didn't you cockjuggling thundercunt?

No you didn't, you shitjousting crotchbiscuit.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-10-2011 09:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
X-Files: I Want To Believe - 6/10

Just saw this as well. Same rating. Meh. If they cut out some of the intermediate stuff and a few of the characters, they could have fit the whole general concept into a normal episode. Looking at it differently, it's a pretty good episode with lots of filler tossed in to make it longer.

Tron: Legacy - 7/10

It was alright, better than what some people were telling me. Plot was a little simple and predictable. Characters were very dry and emotion was as stark as the scenery. I loved the overall visuals, the glossy black and illuminated blues and oranges and lots of glass.

Digital Jeff Bridges still looked artificial in everything other than dark lighting, it looked like they cranked specular and subsurface scattering to 11 with an extra exponent tossed somewhere in the algorithm. Lip tracking still a bit off. I am surprised how close digital film and video games are mimicking each other and closing the gap. I was reminded of the facial expressions in "L.A. Noire" while watching DigiJeff.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 01-11-2011 03:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought Mass Effect 2's cutscenes looked better at times than DigiFlynn.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 01-11-2011 05:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I watched Scott Pilgrim last night, and was pleasantly surprised. It had me laughing quite a lot, and the little gaming nods littered throughout were really well done.
It was also refreshing to not see anyone offer any sort of rational explanation for the weird shit that was happening; it was just a flight of pure fantasy.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-11-2011 05:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
It was also refreshing to not see anyone offer any sort of rational explanation for the weird shit that was happening; it was just a flight of pure fantasy.

Heh, this has also been annoying me in movies lately. They come up with all sort of weird shit but want to somehow rationally explain what's happening, but always end up coming up with an explanation that's so hard to believe that they'd be better off not explaining it at all and leave it to the viewer to make their own of it.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 01-11-2011 06:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
cockjuggling thundercunt

:olo: The best line that Ryan Reynolds has ever spoken.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-11-2011 08:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
They come up with all sort of weird shit but want to somehow rationally explain what's happening, but always end up coming up with an explanation that's so hard to believe that they'd be better off not explaining it at all and leave it to the viewer to make their own of it.

Midichlorians. Fuck you George Lucas!

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 01-12-2011 07:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Fighter - 9/10 - Awesome in every way. Amy Adams finally plays a role where she isn't this innocent, timid little...whatever...and finally throws a few punches. I'd splash on her face anyday and she finally plays a character that probably wouldn't mind if you splashed on her face.

There. I just jacked off.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 04:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Despicable Me: so bad :down:

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 04:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
Dinner For Schmucks = 6.5/10 - Quite funny considering the stereotypical presentation, but overall was cheapened even more by the fact that 99% of the cast of The Daily Show was in this...it was almost as if they were doing them a favor or because nobody else wanted to do the film. Steve Carell is an absolute genius at playing dim-witted people. While predictible, this movie also reminded me that stupid people, even innocent and well-meaning, still sometimes deserve a punch in the cock for all the chaos they bring.

LOL nice review... thought the same thing.

"some may say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not."

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 06:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tron Legacy in 3D. 7/10.

This is the last movie in 3D I'm bothering with. Even though the effect is good there are times it just doesn't work for me and even when it is working there's a double image or halo effect on highlights of the screen. Plus on top of this the glasses you get are just too dark and take all the shadow detail away, there's no way i'm spending £100 on a pair to get over this.
What is good is how they toned down the 3D effect and didn't go for the weapon swinging past your face etc etc.

The film itself was good, i'll defiantly buy it on BR but then again i would of bought it even if it was shite because I'm a big fan of the first film. It could have been a little longer as I thought the main body of the story was a little short and when it did start it was rushed.

edit: oh yeah, soundtrack gets a 9.9/10, well worth getting a copy.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 06:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did you spot the punk in the film? :D

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 06:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you couldn't help that. the fuckers were in it for about 10mins. pissed me off a little.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 08:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
i'll defiantly buy it on BR but then again i would of bought it

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 08:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

way to take it out of context you fat fuck.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

definitely

would have

contextualise that, fuckface

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 09:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:tear:

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 11:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Tron Legacy in 3D. 7/10.

This is the last movie in 3D I'm bothering with. Even though the effect is good there are times it just doesn't work for me and even when it is working there's a double image or halo effect on highlights of the screen. Plus on top of this the glasses you get are just too dark and take all the shadow detail away, there's no way i'm spending £100 on a pair to get over this.

thats a good point. i've always felt that clarity suffered for 3d movies.

PostPosted: 01-16-2011 11:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Tourist. HORRIBLE OMFG. Talk about a BORING movie.... holy hell.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 12:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really? Depp rarely chooses a bad movie to star in. Thats surprising...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 01:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Everyone is allowed an off day sir

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 01:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - 9/10 - excellent movie. can't believe the hollymorons think a remake only 2 years after this came out is actually worth doing

do you really get jail time for libel in sweden? lol, their libel laws are even worse than britain's

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 04:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol @ american version 1st movie comes out when sweded ;) version pt 3 releases... although I will still give it a chance as a David Fincher film with a bit more artistic license being taken.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 07:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Tron Legacy in 3D. 7/10.

What is good is how they toned down the 3D effect and didn't go for the weapon swinging past your face etc etc.

Maybe if you didn't have shitty eyesight that requires you to wear coke bottle glasses every day of your life you could experience 3D properly.

Doombrain wrote:
but then again i would of

would have

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 08:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
coke bottle glasses

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 09:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shit, that even looks like Duumbrain.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 01-16-2011 09:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Green Hornet - 6/10 - Better as a rental, tbh. It was cute (if you don't mind Seth Rogan's typical schtick) but not much else. 3D was obviously an afterthought and added nothing. It's not a bad movie, it just isn't especially worth seeing unless you're really in need of an action/comedy buddy film in this season of gloomy oscar wannabes.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-17-2011 12:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No flaming in GD, BawL.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 01-17-2011 02:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try to learn what a flame is Duminic, you've certainly spent enough time on the internet to know by now.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-17-2011 07:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stop trolling up GD, you've been told enough times now.

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 01-17-2011 10:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
I watched Scott Pilgrim last night, and was pleasantly surprised. It had me laughing quite a lot, and the little gaming nods littered throughout were really well done.

This was my reaction as well, I just watched it last night. Fun and mindless, and I liked that it just took everything in stride (as if people exploding into coins was expected).

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-17-2011 10:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

2012: bad of course, but not as horrid as led to believe. Always love watching humanity getting ass-raped by mother nature so I'll double the score to 4/10.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.