Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 02-01-2011 03:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EtUL wrote:
Eye focus issues: Whine. If most people are getting headaches after 20 minutes they don't seem to be talking about them or leaving the theatre. He might be on to something here but I'd like to hear from someone who understands the eye and focus and all the first. I mean, we're constantly changing focus every time we look at something anyway. You'd think the brain would actually be more confused about a picture that we would expect to have depth being flat.

Like I said what he says may be true but I don't see it condemning the industry and I doubt 3D will be a passing fad, now. He comes off as an old man shaking his fist and going "chaaaaaaange".

"Won't work and never will. Case closed." lol, sounds like a foot in mouth moment.

As someone who gets headaches and painful eyestrain every time I'm forced to sit through this crap, sorry, I'm disagreeing with you.

The only reason I deal with it is because I have kids who want to see whateverthefuck, and I can't exactly send a 9yr old and 4 year old in by themselves. Once they're old enough, I'm definitely opting out.

The whole thing reeks of a gimmick to keep people paying retarded amounts for watching a movie in the cinema. It's an expensive novelty that gets pushed because the cinemas are desperate for any way to distinguish themselves from watching Netflix at home.

The cinematic experience with 3D glasses is distinctly worse than without. But people go to the cinema to experience novelties, not to have a good cinematic experience. I sincerely doubt 3DTV is going to catch on in NA and Europe (developing countries middle classes' still seem to have the opinion that "anything expensive is good as a status symbol, even if it's useless", so I'm sure places like Russia and India will eat up 3DTV because of their collective inferiority complexes).

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 02-01-2011 03:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finally watched Inception, 10/10, etc. Amazing flick.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-01-2011 05:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Therac-25 wrote:
Finally watched Inception, 10/10, etc. Amazing flick.

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 02-01-2011 07:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

True Grit 8/10
Didn't like it, but it's a fine movie

127 hours 6/10
Danny Boyle kind of phoned this in.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-01-2011 09:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
True Grit 8/10
Didn't like it, but it's a fine movie.

How do you rate a movie you don't like 8/10?

PostPosted: 02-01-2011 10:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought it was as well-told such a straight-forward story could be. I recognize it was a good movie, I just didn't like it that much.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 02-01-2011 10:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

reminds me of how i don't really like the beatles, but i recognize that they are an excellent group.

still, though...your real score or whatever would be a better indication of how good the movie is. i didnt think true grit was all that great. i'd go into detail, but i'm feeling a bit lazy.

also, did anyone else think that, after watching the trailer, the movie would be a lot darker than it was?

PostPosted: 02-01-2011 11:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was pretty dark in that the main character girl was not bangable at either 14 or 54

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 02-01-2011 11:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I couldn't understand a word Jeff Bridges was saying.

PostPosted: 02-03-2011 01:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Buried
7/10 interesting but lame ending

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 02-03-2011 03:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i bought a copy and buried it.

PostPosted: 02-04-2011 12:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I watched that and Unstoppable on my flight to London. What the fuck was Denzel doing in that ABC made-for-TV movie shit?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-07-2011 12:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Conviction: 8/10
amazing true tale.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-07-2011 01:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Megamind = 7.5/10 - Seriously funny and awesomely animated. This is the first animated feature I've seen in awhile and it's gotten to the point where the animation and shader quality is so good that nobody even notices it anymore.

PostPosted: 02-07-2011 03:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought that was a kid's movie, but I'll watch it on the flight back to China.

The King's Speech
8/10

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-07-2011 03:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Social Network - 8/10

Zuckerberg is a witty asshole. :up:

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 02-07-2011 06:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

also saw social network a couple weeks back and agree with xer0s: 8/10, witty asshole.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-08-2011 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Faster = 6/10 - A revenge movie and a boring, predictable one at that.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-08-2011 02:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
I thought that was a kid's movie, but I'll watch it on the flight back to China.

The King's Speech
8/10

All animated films are kids movies IMO, but this one was a comedy first and foremost.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-08-2011 07:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:

Find the Ewan McGregor narrated motogp doc of the same name and you ought find it more interesting.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-08-2011 10:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:

BUT IT'S GOT DA ROCK INNIT.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-12-2011 01:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^lol

Someone created an alt just to admit they liked a horrible movie.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-12-2011 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

word wars, doco on scrabble. 8/10 not a bad watch at all

PostPosted: 02-12-2011 09:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Megamind was pretty great, I really enjoyed it.

8/10

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-12-2011 10:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
Megamind was pretty great, I really enjoyed it.

8/10

:)

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-12-2011 10:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
^lol

Someone created an alt just to admit they liked a horrible movie.

Someone deleted the post this was directed at. >:(

PostPosted: 02-13-2011 06:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Saw 6

THought it was the most recent one when i got it, turned out I have already seen it. Still pretty good because I like the Saw series.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-13-2011 11:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Megamind 7/10
Really enjoyed it, best kiddie-cartoon-movie-thingie i've seen since the Incredibles - but for some reason i didn't really like the voice acting... didn't do it justice imo :\

Centurion 7/10
Ninth legion gets destroyed in what i assume is Scotland somewhere, band of survivors tries to get to safety whilst being hunted by blue faced hottie and her band of merry men. Perhaps it was my extremely low expectations or the fact that i really dig movies like this when slightly hungover, but i found it surprisingly not bad to be honest. Sure the acting's lacking here and there, but it's all filmed with gloomy blue filters to accentuate the barren landscape which is cool and the story, whilst predictable enough, does the job. Hottie was a bit miscast for the role she was playing though, the way she moved with elegance and womanly prettyness did not compute with her cutting off heads and spearing poor helpless Roman bastards.

Wolverine 4/10
Started out ok and maintained this level until about one third of the way through, when it rapidly became very boring. Then at the end it transformed again, this time into a stupid movie which left me with a bad aftertaste.

Jonah Hex 2/10
Switched it off about halfway through and deleted this dumb, dumb piece of shit movie that should never have been made :up:
It's like an episode of Supernatural mated with Will Smith vessel Wild Wild West. Avoid :!:

Last edited by Ryoki on 02-13-2011 11:57 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-13-2011 11:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
it's all filmed with gloomy blue filters to accentuate the barren landscape and the story

there's a novel approach :disgust:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-13-2011 11:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nope, but when it works it works :smirk:

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 02-16-2011 11:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Greenberg 8/10

Really refreshing to see Ben Stiller play a serious part, and he does it quite well.

Thing about commitment, being fed up with infatuations, always having to fall in love with a girl just because you fucked her, etc.
Probably an age thing with a 35 year old cutoff point, where younger audiences don't dig, and older cunts like me do.

PostPosted: 02-16-2011 11:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Never Back Down

7/10

Like the back of the case says, it's a like a mix of the O.C. and The Karate Kid. I like fight movies and this one had a Rocky style montage and everything. The writers put the drama dial on overdrive though... and the writing is pretty shitty sometimes, but there are still funny parts. The fighting is ok... dang i'm ripping this movie more and more...

5/10 final answer!

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-16-2011 12:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Goodfellas
10/10

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-16-2011 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus - wtf!/10

Terry Gilliam directed this one, so you know it's gonna be an ultraweird ride right from the start. I.... don't know what to think of this movie. Maybe i need to see it again with a head full of mushrooms to appreciate it as it was intended. But perhaps not, perhaps it's a bit shit and just very very strange.

PostPosted: 02-16-2011 10:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It sounds like it's a ripoff of The Cabinet of Dr. Kaligari

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.