Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-20-2011 07:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Kings Speech 9/10
Reminds how important it is to have, and be, a true friend.

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 02-20-2011 07:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How To Train Your Dragon 8/10

Heard this movie was good, but did not expect to like it as much as I did. -2 points for dragons that act like cats.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 02-20-2011 07:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Paul.

8 very funnys out of 10

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 02-20-2011 01:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Paul was a 6/10 at best ... story was meh, every single alien stereotype was used in this movie with no originality anywhere in sight. The language was formulated to impress 14 year olds. I mean I get it, here is an alien from outer space asking for reeses pieces and I'm supposed to find that hilarious...fuck off.

Last edited by Tsakali on 02-20-2011 01:14 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 02-20-2011 01:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds like you missed the point... It was SUPPOSED to mimic every other movie/stereotype out there, that was the joke. The same way in Shaun, they copied many zombie movies.

You clearly don't get British humour, and are in fact a total twat.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 02-20-2011 01:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no wonder...I thought shaun of the dead was shit too.

Do the chickens have large talons?
Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 02-20-2011 01:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
British humour

Definition of an oxy moran

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 02-20-2011 01:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
o'dium wrote:
British humour

Definition of an oxy moran

Definition of dyslexic cunt

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-20-2011 06:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
I thought shaun of the dead was shit too.

Well then you're a cunt.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-20-2011 07:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ponyo - 6 / 10. Great concept. Neat backgrounds. Felt poorly executed though. Story seemed pretty shallow for what it could have been.

Full Metal Jacket - 8 / 10

Star Trek - 7 / 10 You know, for being Star Trek, I was surprised I actually enjoyed this film.

Falling Down - 8 / 10

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-21-2011 12:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Next - 5/10. It was pretty disappointing. Jessica Biel is hot though.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-21-2011 09:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Paul 4/10
Sorry, not funny.

Tsakali wrote:
no wonder...I thought shaun of the dead was shit too.

Aye, same. As was that police movie they made, that was also pretty awful.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-21-2011 10:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

pretty good if you have the mind of a 14yo gamer though.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-21-2011 11:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shaun of the Dead was awesome.

Such a pity that most of the world has a shite sense of humour. Big shout out to Aus comedy though... :D

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 02-21-2011 12:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz were great.
Looking forward to seeing Paul.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 02-21-2011 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Sounds like you missed the point... It was SUPPOSED to mimic every other movie/stereotype out there, that was the joke. The same way in Shaun, they copied many zombie movies.

You clearly don't get British humour, and are in fact a total twat.

I wanted to get back to your point earlier but I didn't have the time.

The thing about british humor is that I do understand it, and for the most part I can make the correlations as to why british culture would find something funny. For example, there is definitely an entire category of humor that stems from etiquette which british still seem to hold to high value...atleast in spirit if not in practice, and some of it is actually good. However it's very subtle in the eyes of outsiders and you can't blame them for that. That being said... alot of british humor as I see it is very juvenile/unrefined and slapstick-like compared to most humor here in the US for instance. It looks as though british laff at shit we used to laff at over a decade ago. I'm not really sure what that denotes but it almost feels like on the humor department americans have a higher IQ. It's not just about misunderstanding the culture, because if that was the case alot of hollywood comedy would fall on deaf ears all around the world, but that's not the case.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 02-21-2011 02:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"it almost feels like on the humor department americans have a higher IQ"

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 02-22-2011 11:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Due Date

Robert Downey jr vs that beardy Zack G dude in a road movie.
Think it had some pretty hilarious moments, very reminscent of Trains, Planes and Automobiles.
Yeah, 7/10.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 02-22-2011 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

True Grit

EXCELLENT!

9 mumbling Bridges out of 10

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-22-2011 02:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Exit Through the Gift Shop - 9/10

A hilariously hijacked-and-hijacked-yet-again documentary about an eccentric mad man armed with a camera who sets out on a dangerous mission to film a failed documentary about graffiti artists. I guess it's a movie about a filmmaker becoming the artist and the artists becoming the filmmaker. It's hard to tell who's really behind the camera and who's in front, but it becomes a wonderful mix of the artists and filmmaker continuously turning the tables on each other with hilarious backfiring results. Or what if the whole documentary was a hoax? The what-ifs aren't important here and is sort of the point of the whole film.

Key players of the film are famous underground graffiti artists like Shephard Fairey, Invader and the notorious Banksy.

Last edited by obsidian on 02-22-2011 03:00 PM, edited 1 time in total.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-22-2011 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
stuff

There are so few "Hollywood comedies" that are actually entertaining in the least, and this is coming from an American. I wouldn't even know who to name if someone asked me my favorite comedian these days. The shit that comes out isn't worth paying to see. Just look at who tops the Forbes list of the most overpaid actors. I honestly couldn't tell you the last one of his movies that I even cracked a smile while watching.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 02-22-2011 07:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no doubt there's garbage on both ends.

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 02-22-2011 08:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
True Grit

EXCELLENT!

Have you not seen the original? Bridges could not pull off Rooster and Cambell did a better Texas Ranger by a mile. I gave the new one a 5, cause the kid was pretty cool.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 02-22-2011 11:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Peenyuh wrote:
Pauly wrote:
True Grit

EXCELLENT!

Have you not seen the original? Bridges could not pull off Rooster and Cambell did a better Texas Ranger by a mile. I gave the new one a 5, cause the kid was pretty cool.

The original had John Wayne in it who was a fat homo. Jeff Bridges is the nuts and one of the greatest actors alive. The fact you gave it a 5 just proves one thing...

You're a cunt.

p.s the girl was excellent

p.p.s LOL

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-22-2011 11:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

John Wayne is a legend.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 01:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
alot of british humor as I see it is very juvenile/unrefined and slapstick-like compared to most humor here in the US for instance.

Funny. I feel things are exactly the other way around.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 01:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^This

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 01:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

p.p.p.s. Marion walks all over Bridges.

I win

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 07:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
Peenyuh wrote:

The original had John Wayne in it who was a fat homo. Jeff Bridges is the nuts and one of the greatest actors alive. The fact you gave it a 5 just proves one thing...

You're a cunt.

p.s the girl was excellent

p.p.s LOL

I approve of this message, despite the fact you're a Mass Effect wanker who watches the game's 10,000 cut scenes one handed.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 07:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
John Wayne is a legend.

At walking like he just shit his pants.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 07:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
This post was made by Peenyuh who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
This post was made by bam! who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

:olo:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 07:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Paul = 6/10 - Decent enough to watch while blasted or in the process of getting blasted.

And anyone who says Shaun Of The Dead sucked should be chained down and made the victim/target in the 2011 World Bukkakke Championship round...and it goes into overtime...four times.

Gulliver's Travels = 4/10 - What do you expect from a pack of lilliputian midget fagg0ts?
I came away from this film pretty sure I want to fuck Emily Blunt's mouth. Not sure though.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 11:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
The thing about british humor is that I do understand it, and for the most part I can make the correlations as to why british culture would find something funny. For example, there is definitely an entire category of humor that stems from etiquette which british still seem to hold to high value...atleast in spirit if not in practice, and some of it is actually good. However it's very subtle in the eyes of outsiders and you can't blame them for that. That being said... alot of british humor as I see it is very juvenile/unrefined and slapstick-like compared to most humor here in the US for instance. It looks as though british laff at shit we used to laff at over a decade ago. I'm not really sure what that denotes but it almost feels like on the humor department americans have a higher IQ. It's not just about misunderstanding the culture, because if that was the case alot of hollywood comedy would fall on deaf ears all around the world, but that's not the case.

Thanks for the mini-thesis, but I think you're talking shit.

These cultural differences you're talking about have been rendered void over the past 20 years;
In the western world, the abundant availabilty of media has homogonized and streamlined the entire western audience.

There is no typically British or American comedy, anymore.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 12:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Plan B wrote:
Tsakali wrote:

Thanks for the mini-thesis, but I think you're talking shit.

These cultural differences you're talking about have been rendered void over the past 20 years;
In the western world, the abundant availabilty of media has homogonized and streamlined the entire western audience.

There is no typically British or American comedy, anymore.

I don't think I really agree with that. British comedy series like Blackadder, The Office (the original) or Little Britain are completely different from most american sitcoms.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 01:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Indeed. Little Britain, The Inbetweeners, that Mitchel and Webb look etc are all very British and I would say that 99 out of 100 Americans would not get the type of humour that is within the shows.
Blackadder, Red Dwarf, The Young Ones might now be understood by the rest of the world as they are quite old now...I think British humour is far superior to most of the rest of the worlds. Plan B, this is not a troll attempt, just my opinion :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.