Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        PHOTOS PLEASE

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: PHOTOS PLEASE

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-07-2011 02:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuckin' weird... looks like a quake3 map :olo:

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 05-07-2011 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no shit. most of his architecture pictures look like at any point some id closet monster will pop out. Either that or some freakishly mutated rat, fluent in the english language.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 05-07-2011 04:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wait, so Yeahso = sysop? haha, shows how much I keep up to date with this forum now.

Superb shots sir, really in a class of their own in this thread. Hope all is good :up:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-07-2011 04:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also, amazing that somebody would abandon a structure like this.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 05-07-2011 04:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrd wrote:
Also, amazing that somebody would abandon a structure like this.

Probably already mentioned in this thread, but do check out http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/

It has a very big community and the whole subject is fascinating. Fits in completely with the whole Hauntology theme, which I dig a lot.

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 05-07-2011 05:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

welp i did it, ordered a new telescope and mount. Right now I have the camera set up outside on the tripod taking a picture of the night at 30 second intervals. In a few hours I'll try and put the shots together and make a video out of it. Always wanted to do that :)
Got more moon shots earlier, still have to go through them

PostPosted: 05-07-2011 06:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

One from tonight, made it greyscale instead of color. I think it turned out better this way

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 05-07-2011 07:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

brisk wrote:

Nice link. They have a Chernobyl thread.

PostPosted: 05-07-2011 07:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and a video to add... watch in HD :)

http://vimeo.com/23426330

PostPosted: 05-07-2011 09:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

my first time lapse video... description is on the page

http://vimeo.com/23428369

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-08-2011 01:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trippy shit man. You should try and go somewhere where there is very little light pollution like way up on a hill or something and see if you can't snag a more detailed shot.

PostPosted: 05-08-2011 01:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks, I plan to do it soon.. and some place with less airplanes! :) If I was closer to any mountains I'd definitely head up there

PostPosted: 05-08-2011 05:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Little bit tighter crop tonight for more detail. The mosquitos tonight were no f'ing joke... over the next week the moon will be directly overhead later on in the night, around 2200ish and when it's full it will be overhead around 0200 but I'm going to try to get pictures of it every night for the next couple weeks to have a full cycle in the books, just for the hey of it. With any luck, the new telescope will be here when the moon is full.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-08-2011 06:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn that's super cool man... I wanna try this now :olo: I have lots of mountains where I live too so I could probably get some decent shots... *adds to todo list*

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-08-2011 10:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrd wrote:
Damn that's super cool man... I wanna try this now :olo: I have lots of mountains where I live too so I could probably get some decent shots... *adds to todo list*

Yes t'is

Nice post andyman ~ Posted: 05-08-2011 03:15 PM

I miss the moon like that and all the light pollution about :tear:

I remember years ago out in the sticks (Aussie for in the bush far from any civilization, and there wasn't that many people about then) you could see the moon just like that.... those were the days.... :tear:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-09-2011 06:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

brisk wrote:
Wait, so Yeahso = sysop? haha, shows how much I keep up to date with this forum now.

Superb shots sir, really in a class of their own in this thread. Hope all is good :up:

lol, yeah, 'tis me, all is well, thanks a lot for asking.

Glad you like the shots, man.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 05-09-2011 08:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Little bit tighter crop tonight for more detail. The mosquitos tonight were no f'ing joke... over the next week the moon will be directly overhead later on in the night, around 2200ish and when it's full it will be overhead around 0200 but I'm going to try to get pictures of it every night for the next couple weeks to have a full cycle in the books, just for the hey of it. With any luck, the new telescope will be here when the moon is full.

[img]h[/img]

Really great moon shot. Nice work.

PostPosted: 05-09-2011 01:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thx, more to come!

PostPosted: 05-09-2011 08:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

little tighter still... i don't think this one came out as clear as the last. focusing with the scope is hit or miss

I'm trying to play with it in photoshop and it's coming out much clearer, just have to toy with it some more. That one above wasn't edited in PS

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-10-2011 05:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Went away with my girlfriend some weekends ago, and on the drive back we saw a sign for a monkey sanctuary. Took this photo of a seriously depressed monkey. They were all like this.

I also witnessed a monkey-rape, and photographed that as well, which I will also upload, in time...

PostPosted: 05-10-2011 05:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that monkey looks sad... also beat up :)

moon is getting bigger, still toying with adjustment settings. My friend said he can get me photoshop for free, that'd be nice.

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 05-10-2011 06:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice moon photos andy. :up:

A storm just rolled by a few minutes ago, and I shot a few pics:

PostPosted: 05-10-2011 06:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

holy crap man that is badass... i like the lightning one a lot, would make a cool shirt

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 05-10-2011 06:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heh... thanks. I caught that lightning while just snapping with a handheld p/s. Pure chance that a big bolt flashed at that second. It was a huge lightning strike, but I only caught the trailing end of it.

Unfortunately, I wasn't trying to catch the lightning, so my camera wasn't set up for it. That's why it's a lot brighter than the first pic. :shrug:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-10-2011 08:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thats the same one that rolled past my place.

PostPosted: 05-10-2011 09:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's a trippy storm...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-11-2011 08:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whoa, those clouds are seriously weird. Amazing moon shots, Andy.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-11-2011 05:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mammatus clouds.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-11-2011 05:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is that what they're called? I've never seen anything like them in my life.

Not really my style of photography, but wanted to try something a bit different.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-11-2011 06:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeahso wrote:

I also witnessed a monkey-rape, and photographed that as well, which I will also upload, in time...

God damn. :olo: You've got me rolling tonight...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-11-2011 06:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeahso wrote:
Is that what they're called? I've never seen anything like them in my life.

They usually indicate tornadic activity, so you probably won't witness them in England.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-11-2011 06:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I've seen those clouds a several times. I live in an area with some of the most fucked up weather. 60 degree swings, tornados, softball size hail, amazing lightning storms, blizzards (with lightning), heat waves, drought, and floods. Nothing is off limits...

PostPosted: 05-11-2011 06:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Decided to go with color tonight

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-11-2011 09:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Yeah I've seen those clouds a several times. I live in an area with some of the most fucked up weather. 60 degree swings, tornados, softball size hail, amazing lightning storms, blizzards (with lightning), heat waves, drought, and floods. Nothing is off limits...

Except rational thought...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-11-2011 10:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Decided to go with color tonight
[img]_[/img]

Very nice andyman :up:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.