Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 02:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mad Max 2 - 2/10 - why I thought this would be a good film to watch again I will never know...shocking film to be honest :S

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 03:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The King's Speech.

s.s.s.s.s.s.s.s.s.s.s.s.s.s....s.s.s.s.sseven out of 10

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 03:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Clever :smirk:

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 03:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cheers

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 05:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah...I think I'm pretty sure I want to fuck Emily Blunt's mouth.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 08:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Plan B wrote:

Thanks for the mini-thesis, but I think you're talking shit.

These cultural differences you're talking about have been rendered void over the past 20 years;
In the western world, the abundant availabilty of media has homogonized and streamlined the entire western audience.

There is no typically British or American comedy, anymore.

I'm not talking shit, this is my opinion so technically you can either agree or disagree. I think what you're talking about IS taking place to some extend, but I find that to be more true in countries that are generally playing "catch up" with the rest of the westernized world, like india. I have watched quite a number of indian films lately and they are definitely aspiring to westernized culture..american culture to be precise.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-23-2011 10:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Mad Max 2 - 2/10 - why I thought this would be a good film to watch again I will never know...shocking film to be honest :S

Because you probably saw it years ago and it was awesome for its time.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-24-2011 08:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Psyche911 wrote:
I wouldn't even know who to name if someone asked me my favorite comedian these days.

here, lemme help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk

http://www.louisck.net

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-07-2011 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Way Back - 3/10

About a bunch of blokes who look like hobbits escaping a fucking gulag.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-07-2011 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

arjaya wrote:
The Way Back - 3/10

About a bunch of blokes who look like hobbits escaping a fucking gulag.

The book made a profound impression on me as a kid, heard the movie indeed sucked, shame :( Shall give it a miss so i won't ruin the fond memories.

The Troll Hunter - 8/10
A fucking strange and highly amusing Norwegian mockumentary about a couple of film students who want to interview a poacher... only he turns out to be a troll hunter who happily agrees to let them follow him around and film him capture and kill trolls. I was very entertained :)

How to train your dragon - 8/10
Really funny stuff, to be honest i found it better than Mastermind. Must see if you like the whole animated kid movie genre :D

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 03-07-2011 06:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Season Of The Witch = Shit/Absolute shit. - I mean....wow...is that movie shit or what? Even the CG, something that - these days - is usually at such a high standard in every movie it's in (to the point where people don't even notice CG anymore) was shit...easily the worst CG I've seen since the 80s. But the rest of the movie was so bad the horrendous CG was just the icing on the cake.

The Devil Wears Prada = 3/10 - How the fuck I got talked into watching this crap I'll never know.

Due Date = 6.5/10 - Meh. Robert Downey Jr. basically phoned this one in but Zach Galifianakisasisisisis was hilarious.

Charlie Wilson's War = 6/10 - Interesting but not really.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 03-08-2011 03:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Severence - 4/10 - you know you've got issues when Danny Dyer is the highlight of your film.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-08-2011 04:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:

All yanks should watch Blackadder goes forth, Red Dwarf 3 and 6, and an episode of Bottom :)

Bottom!

Last edited by Eraser on 03-08-2011 06:45 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-08-2011 06:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Tourist - 2/10

The only redeeming quality of this movie was that it eventually ended.

The Social Network - 5/10

Zuckerberg is a total asshole, who knew.

Wall Street 2 - Money Never Sleeps - 6/10

Transformers kid was surprisingly less annoying than usual.

The Men Who Stare At Goats - 7/10

I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't watch it again. Stephen Lang was great.

Ghost Writer - 7/10

Good movie, but they could've driven home the political message a little more effectively.

Scott Pilgrim VS The World - 6/10

Surprisingly funny, although Michael Cera playing himself in every movie gets annoying.

Heat - 8/10

One of the better Pacino and De Niro films out there and somehow I hadn't seen it until now. On the contrary, I still can't bring myself to watching Righteous Kill.

Due Date - 2/10

Awful and unfunny. Avoid at all costs.

Contact - 9/10

Last time I saw this was about 10 years ago and didn't remember the ending. I'm a big fan of Foster's character because of how badly she upsets the bible-thumping morons. If you're a fan of sci-fi and rational thought, you have to watch it.

Journey To The Edge Of The Universe - 10/10

Amazingly done documentary and the CGI was fantastic. Again, a must-see.

I just started using Netflix on my Xbox360 and watched a few films on it. Canada doesn't have the best selection, but I like how it recommends movies you may not have heard of.

Unleashed - 7/10

Solid Jet Li film with a bit less action and a more engaging plot.

Jet Li's Fearless - 8/10

Tells the story of one of China's greatest martial artists, Huo Yuanjia, who eventually founded the Jin Wu Sports Federation.

Superbad - 2/10

I knew it would be rubbish, but I wanted to see into the minds of the morons who speak so highly of it. Do yourself a favour and avoid it.

White Men Can't Jump - 6/10

Never saw it until now, but I like Woody Harrelson. Wesley Snipes was good too.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 03-08-2011 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks to the magic of Hulu, I discovered Peep Show about 3 months ago. Fucking hilarious! I just started watching That Mitchell & Webb Look, and it has its moments (the S.S. finding out they're "the baddies" had me laughing my ass off). Will be sure to check out the other things mentioned in the last couple pages. :up:

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 03-08-2011 11:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Due Date - 2/10

Awful and unfunny. Avoid at all costs.

Superbad - 2/10

I knew it would be rubbish, but I wanted to see into the minds of the morons who speak so highly of it. Do yourself a favour and avoid it.

Good list, but you're wrong about these two; they were at least chuckle worthy.
Maybe time to shave, because dingleberries cramped your sense o' humor? HAHA

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-08-2011 11:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Megamind - 7/10 - Good flick, quite enjoyable with some very funny parts

The big test will be when I watch Dispicable Me sometime soon :D

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-08-2011 12:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Plan B wrote:

Hence, 2/10.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 03-08-2011 01:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Plan B wrote:

Hence, 2/10.

lol, ok, guess I rate chucklenous a bit higher than you.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 03-08-2011 02:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Despicable Me.

Despicable Meh

4 Non Pixars out of 10

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-08-2011 03:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Psyche911 wrote:
I just started watching That Mitchell & Webb Look, and it has its moments (the S.S. finding out they're "the baddies" had me laughing my ass off).

"our caps have got skulls on them!"

M&W are famously hit'n'miss, but the hits tend to be worth the price of the misses

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 03-11-2011 11:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

13 tzameti 8/10. Harrowing movie, film noir, with some really well done but uncomfortable moments. European subtitled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54jn0_ugqco

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 03-13-2011 06:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
Despicable Me.

Despicable Meh

4 Non Pixars out of 10

Go fuck yourself.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-13-2011 07:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hall Pass 8/10

Don't pass this one up...

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 03-20-2011 04:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In the middle of watching BBC's Human Planet series. I was kinda hesitant to get into it, because most of these nature shows tempt to blend together and overlapping material makes them tedious once you get a few under your belly. But this has surprised me in every single episode with goodies I've never seen or known about. Excellent Documentary :up:

9/10 ...misses a point for making me have to convert their metric system dialect to my shamefully accustomed yank system.

Last edited by Tsakali on 03-20-2011 04:19 PM, edited 2 times in total.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 03-20-2011 04:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Battle Los Angeles.

First film in my life where I had trouble keeping my eyes open.

40 winks out of 40

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-21-2011 12:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Hurt Locker 6/10
I found it kind of disappointing. I went into it expecting a bit of an emotional drama with well written characters that really goes deep into some of the ethical questions surrounding Iraq and warfare in general which would leave me something to think about, but it turns out it's basically just an action flick that tickles the Modern Warfare loving lobes more than anything else.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-21-2011 08:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tron Legacy - Call me a geek, but I bloody loved this... The sound track was perfect as well. Great film.

Currently watching Dexter as I kept getting told about it so dropped the pennies for the first season. 2 episodes in and I instantly bought season 2. Fantastic show, just polishing off season 1 tonight. :)

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 03-21-2011 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Currently watching Dexter as I kept getting told about it so dropped the pennies for the first season. 2 episodes in and I instantly bought season 2. Fantastic show, just polishing off season 1 tonight. :)

Always a bit jealous of people getting late to the party, now enjoying quality shit I had years ago :)
Makes me wonder if this is rewatchable; but no, Dexter is a one time deal.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-21-2011 11:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rango - 7 / 10 Just an overall silly western style animated kids movie. I thought it was pretty well done.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-21-2011 01:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Due Date - 4/10

Had it's moments

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 03-21-2011 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Plan B wrote:
Dexter

got fed up last season with all the baby-momma-shit. current season is looking better (watched first 4 eps so far).

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 03-21-2011 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Plan B wrote:
o'dium wrote:

Always a bit jealous of people getting late to the party, now enjoying quality shit I had years ago :)
Makes me wonder if this is rewatchable; but no, Dexter is a one time deal.

I wish I had alzheimer's...

plained
plained
PostPosted: 03-21-2011 03:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

going to resume my Michal Caine festival ey
hes great!

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 03-21-2011 04:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

season 4 was not better than the first two seasons...don't argue with me boy.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.