Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 06-23-2011 06:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Source Code 9/10 at the first ending, 8/10 after.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-24-2011 06:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I...

For some reason, I own this movie :( I'm hoping it's not on purpose.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-24-2011 07:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I want to see Kung Fu Panda 2 in the cinema. but apparently this 3D thing is all the rage so theyre not showing the oldskool 2D version around here.
wtf bros amirite ?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 06-24-2011 07:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Red Faction: Origins - Not half bad for a made for TV movie, managed to be better than 90% of the pap they shove into cinemas... Has the making of a decent TV series.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 06-24-2011 04:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
I want to see Kung Fu Panda 2 in the cinema. but apparently this 3D thing is all the rage so theyre not showing the oldskool 2D version around here.
wtf bros amirite ?

wtf

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-24-2011 04:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I saw the 3D version, it was well done.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-24-2011 11:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
MKJ wrote:
wtf bros amirite ?

wtf

i know right

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 06-24-2011 11:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

started watching sucker punch. stopped. its shit. pure shit... just utter worthless shit... wow 0/10

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 06-25-2011 03:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fKd wrote:
started watching sucker punch. stopped. its shit. pure shit... just utter worthless shit... wow 0/10

I enjoyed the women. And the short samurai-with-gatling-gun fight.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-25-2011 08:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was total garbage and you know it. Pointless fluff to extend a 10minute plot that sucked. Awful music blaring angst slo mo crap.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 06-25-2011 02:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doesn't change the fact that I enjoyed what was there.

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 06-25-2011 03:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the adjustment bureau

6/10 , only because it had General Zod. KNEEL BEFORE ZOD

and I watched the trailer for Never Say Never, Bieber is the new michael Jackson

PostPosted: 06-25-2011 07:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cedar rapids

8.5/10

hilarious... napolean dynamite meets 40yo virgin. and has some tits

edit: watched it 5 times in two days already (sick, haven't moved much) ... still hilarious.

NEW RATING: 9/10
John C. Reilly plays the perfect wisconsonite cheesehead.... man he's funny, nailed the accent

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 06-28-2011 11:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your Highness = 3/10 - Not funny at all.

The Dilemma = 5/10 - Not really a comedy as I never laughed once, but it's watchable if you're bored on an airplane. Jennifer Connelly gets better looking all the time.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-28-2011 12:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sucker Punch - 3/10

It made me sad...

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 06-28-2011 06:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bad Teacher - 7/10 - I laughed. Not really a rom-com as I feared it would be. Avoids a lot of the pitfalls that things like School of Rock ran into.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 06-29-2011 01:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do all you fags that are hating on Sucker Punch think you would feel the same way had you never read a review and it had been directed by an unknown? I by no means thought it was a masterpiece and I think it's Snyder's weakest work, but I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as its being made out.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-29-2011 04:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
Do all you fags that are hating on Sucker Punch think you would feel the same way had you never read a review and it had been directed by an unknown? I by no means thought it was a masterpiece and I think it's Snyder's weakest work, but I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as its being made out.

I marked it down for them killing dragons. And because it actually did make me sad at the end. No reason to mark it down but given my mood yesterday, it came as a shock.

Actual rating (taking the biased stuff out) would be 6/10

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-29-2011 04:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
LawL wrote:

I marked it down for them killing dragons. And because it actually did make me sad at the end. No reason to mark it down but given my mood yesterday, it came as a shock.

lol, so because a movie is emotionally gripping you, you're giving it a worse mark? That's a bit up-side-down reasoning isn't it? And to be honest, if a movie like Sucker Punch makes you feel sad then god can only know what's left of you after watching Shindler's List or American History X :olo:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-29-2011 04:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was fine after both of those films. :paranoid:

I am a bit weird when it comes to film. Only film I ever shed a tear while watching was Terminator 2 when he lowered himself into the molten steel.

I think it was my state of mind yesterday that made me feel sad when I watched the film - normally things don't affect me like that. Very odd.

And yes, I realise shedding a tear for Arnie is very odd. I was young though... :paranoid:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-29-2011 04:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, you're just odd. Let's keep it at that :p

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-04-2011 05:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Triplets of Belleville. 8/10

Animated film. I liked the style and music. Fairly interesting story. Not what I'm used to.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 08:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Death by murder 8/10
The description said it had Peter Sellers, Peter Falk, Truman Capote and James Cromwell in one movie, so i quickly clicked download. Turned out to be highly awesome classic absurdity. Extra point for surprising me by how hilarious it was :up:

Hearts of darkness 6/10
Good documentary and a must watch if you like the movie, but somehow i expected more of it from all the stories i heard and read about it. Ah well.

Balade Triste de Trompeta 4/10
The plot sounded brilliant, two clowns get drafted in the Spanish civil war, whilst still in their clown outfit. However the movie goes downhill from that first scene, very far down hill. They manage to go from a clown hacking up a bunch of soldiers with a machete in the first scene to a dreary drama which is pretty much the rest of the movie. Just an incredibly incomprehensible fuckup. Very well filmed, good acting, but lacks any plot whatsoever (in a bad way).

Waltz with Bashir 9/10
A veteran from the Lebanon war gets a call from a friend who has had a flashback nightmare, which triggers the realization that he himself has a complete lack of memories about the war. He goes to visit people he served with to get their stories, which slowly restores his memories. The main character is the director and the whole thing is filmed in documentary style, which fits excellent. And when i say filmed i mean it's animated - and damn well animated too. Very very good stuff, i was honestly a bit moved by the end.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 07-05-2011 09:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Only film I ever shed a tear while watching was Terminator 2 when he lowered himself into the molten steel.

lol, that's hilariously awesome.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 07-09-2011 08:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Source Code - 6.5/10 - much better than I'd expected/feared. sure, it's predictable and saccharine... but worth the few moneys to get it on demand.

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 07-10-2011 08:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is awesome/100

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-10-2011 08:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Horrible Bosses was pretty fucking funny :up:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 07-11-2011 08:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sucker Punch 4/10
A few minutes of well done action scenes do not save this one. A Moulin Rouge fagfest one scene and a confused steampunk charlie's angels scene the next... i don't know what the hell i was looking at.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 07-11-2011 08:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

x-men: First Class

Quite surprised, wasn't as bad as it could have been. The cameo's were quite smart.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 07-11-2011 11:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Sucker Punch 4/10
A few minutes of well done action scenes do not save this one. A Moulin Rouge fagfest one scene and a confused steampunk charlie's angels scene the next... i don't know what the hell i was looking at.

I watched this a few nights ago - i was actually quite offended by how terrible it was.

Probably the sort of thing I'd have liked when I was 9 but as an adult it just made me feel nauseous.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-11-2011 12:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Ryoki wrote:
Sucker Punch 4/10

i was actually quite offended by how terrible it was.

lol :rolleyes:

PostPosted: 07-11-2011 04:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kevin Bacon is in everything.

PostPosted: 07-11-2011 06:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unforgiven

Never seen it, 10/10

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-12-2011 09:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hannibal wrote:
Mat Linnett wrote:

Seperately, I'd give Deathproof a 6 out of 10 and Planet Terror an 8.
Grindhouse as a whole rates about an 8 purely for the cool little tie-ins.

I really want to see that Machete movie though :D

Machete would own.

You were correct.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-12-2011 09:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Unforgiven

Never seen it, 10/10

Awesome, awesome movie...

"Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend." :olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.