Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Brothers in arms for PC tomorrow in U.S (15th of march)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 05:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sounds like the game is fucked up and reefsurfer is in denial...

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 05:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fecalgroin :lol:

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 06:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TheRealZimbabwe wrote:
I'm having the same problems as TNF, AI wise. The game is awesome, but it has big problems with AI and path-finding. I find myself actually running in rambo-style because my squadmates are stuck in a tank, or stuck behind a fence. It's retarded. Also the tank-driver seems drunk. He can have a anti-tank gun pointed at him, and he will still aim at the lone infantry from fucking Ost battalion or whatever they're called.

If you give a direct order to fire at a target your squads/tank will fire instantly and keep fire on that position until the target is terminated or if you issue a new order... the problem lies with you i think.

And whats with all the A.I getting stuck all the time? It happend maybe 2-3 times for me throughout the whole sp game... if you look at your squads when they move you will see that they stop behind covers for a few secs to recon the place before they move on... they are programed to do that... maybe thats what your meaning by getting stuck?

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 06:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
I've also seen lack of accuracy when firing over a wall at point-blank range. If there's no obstruction it doesn't happen. I'm sort of attributing it to the fact that IRL not every shot will drop someone.
Haven't had any squad AI problems yet, but I've had it lock up with looping sound three times so far.
Wonder if that's an EAX issue?

I cant hit shit with my Thompson.. but the garand and carbine works flawless.

The sound issue, where did the loop occure?
Haven happend to me... infact, my game runs flawless with little bugs and problems.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 07:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

with me all i do is point where i want the supressing fire and they all find cover automatically

if i wanna place em behind the wall they do it with no probs :shrug:

i did have the 90 degree screen and i shit because i thought my card finally went PARP, but all is good now

overall, fucking fantastic game :)

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 07:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
with me all i do is point where i want the supressing fire and they all find cover automatically

Same here.. on rare occasions i have to direct them to a better place then the cover they choosed.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 10:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

reefsurfer wrote:
If you give a direct order to fire at a target your squads/tank will fire instantly and keep fire on that position until the target is terminated or if you issue a new order... the problem lies with you i think.

And whats with all the A.I getting stuck all the time? It happend maybe 2-3 times for me throughout the whole sp game... if you look at your squads when they move you will see that they stop behind covers for a few secs to recon the place before they move on... they are programed to do that... maybe thats what your meaning by getting stuck?

No no no...not at all. I know when something is stuck or not. We talk really stuck here, when even though I give out commands to walk somewhere, they don't. They simply get stuck.

Also I know how to use the command system, and I know that they will keep firing on that position if I ask them to. But if I issue a move command into a zone where there's two posibilities to shoot at, like my example in my previous post, the tank (or squad for that matter) usually chooses the most retarded pick, often someone they can't hit because of a fence or something, instead of shooting at the Anti-tank gun, or at the guy right in front of the tank aiming on it with a panzerrfaust.

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 11:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TheRealZimbabwe wrote:
reefsurfer wrote:

No no no...not at all. I know when something is stuck or not. We talk really stuck here, when even though I give out commands to walk somewhere, they don't. They simply get stuck.

Also I know how to use the command system, and I know that they will keep firing on that position if I ask them to. But if I issue a move command into a zone where there's two posibilities to shoot at, like my example in my previous post, the tank (or squad for that matter) usually chooses the most retarded pick, often someone they can't hit because of a fence or something, instead of shooting at the Anti-tank gun, or at the guy right in front of the tank aiming on it with a panzerrfaust.

ooh ok, was just checking tat you knew about the order thingy and all that.

Well... i havent had these many buggs/fuck ups... but maybe i was lucky.
Lets hope they fix that in a future patch then.

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 11:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

Remember my slags all running headfirst into a fucking MG42?

:lol: i wouldent want you as my squad leader.. :paranoid:
"Just do it damn it!!!"

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 12:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

my men know all about suicide mission

the tank lasted the better half of 2 seconds >:]

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 02:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 05:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:

yep..saw it on gamespot.. i cant wait! :icon30:

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 07:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade
tnf
memphis
chunk
o´dium
Zimbabwe
doomer
dzjepp

Does anyone of ya play it online or did you all download the warez version or what!? :icon6: .. i want to play with ppl i "know" damn it. :icon33:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 07:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hows the multiplayer like on it ?

hows it work ?

this should give you a hint on how i obtained the game ;)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 08:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fagsurfer...u do know ppl who warezed the game can play online....right ?

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 03-18-2005 08:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you can probably play it via vpn, but i've never tried it with fps's.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 01:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got this yesterday, and...

Well, I got into the menu, which is HUGE BTW, (Console port, has to be), stuck EVERYTHING up high and at 1280x1024, and went into MP to walk around, get a feel of the engine, you know? Wouldn't let me. I need two players minimum to do that. TARDED.

Ok, I went into single player. It started with quite a low quality wav of some guy talking, then threw me into action, straight away. I notice the HUGE gun and that it looked like i was playing a cartoon, and then quit.

I just wasn't in the mood to play this gam just yet. I wont play it today, either. I have time to waste tomorrow on my day off, i'll give it a shot then.

It just looks a tad too cartoony ATM for me, but i'll get over that and hope there is a good SP game under it all. The original MoH isn't exactly WOW but that still stands its own.

So over all yeah, should be a laugh, just didn't think everything would be THIS cartoon like, even the unreal engine...

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 01:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep in ming this is after 5 seconds of gameplay. I'll probably get into it tomorrow if its anything like CoD. I love CoD :shrug:

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 03:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
It's absolutely nothing like COD

So true. :icon31:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 01:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the graphics r horrible though...so 2003...

guru
guru
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 01:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what engine does this game use for gameplay?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 01:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a crappy one...

guru
guru
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 01:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And horrible AI...

I'm sorry reef...don't get me wrong, the game is good, but man I just think they really dropped the ball in a few key places that would have made it soo much better. Like being able to go prone on the ground so you could actually steady your rifle. Being able to crawl over fences. And maybe the AI issue is more me than anything, but it really drives me nuts when I continually have to reposition my guys to make sure they will actually shoot at the enemy. Many times, I will position them near cover to suppress, and one will set up at a spot where he has no line of fire. Instead of moving about 2 feet forward himself to give himself the line, I have to readjust the whole damn team...drives me nuts. Also, it would have been a nice feature to be able to issue squad commands from the tactical view menu...but that would definitely take away from the 'reality' factor.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 07:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it runs smooth cuz its so 2003...

guru
guru
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 09:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do you find that you do a lot of trial and error with each level to figure out the best way to take out the individual units? I'm at the crossroads level now...had a pain in the ass getting through the first two parts of the level...then I think its done because a cut scene starts, but noooo, my tank driver gets offed and now I have no fucking weapons, and am at about 2% health left. Give me a quick save goddamnit. I hate checkpoint saves. HL2 let you save whenever you wanted, and I think we'd all agree that it was a pretty good game.

I can see why they did checkpoint saves...I mean it kind of defeats the purpose of making it a realistic tactical FPS if you can just inch forward, quicksave, etc., through each chapter....But with this fucking checkpoint shit, if you use up too much ammo early in the chaptter, or take a few too many shots, you can put a fork in yourself for the end. Again...reality I know...

As for looks, I am at 1600x1200 with everything as high as it goes. No hitches, solid framerate. Doesn't look amazing, but isn't bad either.

eepberries
eepberries
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 09:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Strangler wrote:
nobody plays quake 2 anymore.

Are you kidding?

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 10:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only AI issues I'm seeing are the occaisonal squadmate strolling in front of the tank or not getting behind cover when they're following me. I'm on the 'Secure St. Come-du-Mont' mission, and that PzIII is a bitch.
It's all about carefully considered tactics here folks.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 10:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can restore your squad to full health if you get stuck. I always make sure to take a german weapon because i go through so much ammo. During missions with the tank, you have to scout ahead and check for any AT's and panzerfausts before you send your tank in. Even if theres an enemy tank, I usually take it out before I send my tank in.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 11:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HOw do you restore your squad to full health when stuck?

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 11:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

after you die too many times you'll get a message saying something about war not being fair, but games should be, and you get the option to heal.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 11:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heh...I haven't died much because I just reload the checkpoint if things are going bad, and do it over again until I get further along with more health and ammo...

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 03-20-2005 03:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
And horrible AI...

I'm sorry reef...don't get me wrong, the game is good, but man I just think they really dropped the ball in a few key places that would have made it soo much better. Like being able to go prone on the ground so you could actually steady your rifle. Being able to crawl over fences. And maybe the AI issue is more me than anything, but it really drives me nuts when I continually have to reposition my guys to make sure they will actually shoot at the enemy. Many times, I will position them near cover to suppress, and one will set up at a spot where he has no line of fire. Instead of moving about 2 feet forward himself to give himself the line, I have to readjust the whole damn team...drives me nuts. Also, it would have been a nice feature to be able to issue squad commands from the tactical view menu...but that would definitely take away from the 'reality' factor.

Yea the game leaves a few things to desire... like leaning, prone a rush button... and maybe 4vs4 in mp.
The A.I is great imo... much better than most other games out there(best bots/A.I i have seen is in CS:source though..) and they work flawless both in sp and mp for ME.... no problems(none worth mentioning) at all.

The engine is the latest built of the Unreal engine i belive.
As much as the developers want to make us belive that BIA is built for multi platform i doubt it.... it feels like a Xbox game and it was built for Xbox in the first place.. just look at some of the things missing.. take Leaning for example... they dident implent it because there wasent enough buttons on the xbox controller, look at the message you get when a server is full "There arent enough slots on your console to join this game" or soemthing like it is what i have seen when the server is full.

And only 3 buttons on the mouse is configurable, there are no sprinting and it really dosent matter what resolution or how much AA you have on....it dosent get any better looking.

BUT, Bia is still the best tactical/authentic ww2 shooter out there.

And i belive more patches will come... and we know that an SDK will be released soon and the unreal engine is both easy to map and make mods for, so it wont be long until we will see 4vs4 or even 8vs8 player mods... more maps, total conversions, skin mods, new models, leaning mods... sprinting etc etc.

Hail to Brothers in arms!! :icon31:

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 03-20-2005 03:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
after you die too many times you'll get a message saying something about war not being fair, but games should be, and you get the option to heal.

Is that on all settings? I played it on EASY...and got it, but i doubt it will show on HARD or AUTHENTIC...

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-20-2005 04:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok then, guessi should start playing this thing... Only cost me a quid in the first place, traded in 4 ancient games for it. Nice.

So even if the games utter shit, its still worth every penny :p You cant argue with a quid can you.

Lets just hope I can get over the "way too rainbow" graphics and just see this single player game everybody talks about :D

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.