Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Ferguson

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Ferguson

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-17-2014 12:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"we"

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-17-2014 01:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s, you may be stupid, but you know exactly what I meant.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-17-2014 03:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obviously the police officer had a justified fear of being triggered. that kid should have checked his black privilege

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 08-17-2014 08:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kid was a violent thug; probably didn't deserve to die but in the end nothing of value was lost :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-17-2014 10:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tell that to his parents.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-17-2014 11:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08-18-2014 02:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Tell that to his parents.

Don't care about them do I

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-18-2014 03:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

:/

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-18-2014 03:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know it's cool to reflexively get all bunged up about stuff around here, but maybe the story is really quite unexciting. This is a cop's word against some kid's word. Presumably, the kid is more credible to the protesters and most of the media. Let's face it, we live in a world where news is just not that exciting unless we ignore the words of a dude who has no record of doing anything other than his job. It's a sad story, but maybe not that interesting, overall. Look, the history matters. Cop is clean. Kid goes around bullying and robbing people. Most people here seem to enjoy the good fortune to not suffer through life and death decisions on the job daily, so I would hazard a guess to say that having understanding or empathy for those who do, is probably difficult.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-18-2014 03:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Uh, I dunno, but when you're unarmed and shot multiple times, then I'm pretty sure this cop is very, very bad at judging "life and death decisions" properly.

The story in itself is perhaps not very interesting, but the general undercurrent is. (American) cops are getting more violent and have an increasing feeling of importance in their job. This whole using military hardware isn't exactly helping their case either. Watch the John Oliver clip. It sheds some light on the whole ordeal.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 08-18-2014 04:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

At this point it's not about the kid who got shot anymore, it's all about the reaction to the protests. Which is outrageously heavyhanded and a direct result of the Pentagon dumping war equipment on police departments for some obscure reason. *

* the reason is corruption, there's a couple of companies making a good living selling toys to the Pentagon so they can be given away for free... :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-18-2014 10:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Underpants? wrote:
I know it's cool to reflexively get all bunged up about stuff around here, but maybe the story is really quite unexciting. This is a cop's word against some kid's word. Presumably, the kid is more credible to the protesters and most of the media. Let's face it, we live in a world where news is just not that exciting unless we ignore the words of a dude who has no record of doing anything other than his job. It's a sad story, but maybe not that interesting, overall. Look, the history matters. Cop is clean. Kid goes around bullying and robbing people. Most people here seem to enjoy the good fortune to not suffer through life and death decisions on the job daily, so I would hazard a guess to say that having understanding or empathy for those who do, is probably difficult.

Well said...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-18-2014 11:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Uh, I dunno, but when you're unarmed and shot multiple times, then I'm pretty sure this cop is very, very bad at judging "life and death decisions" properly.

Oooooor, the cop stopped this guy because he was being an idiot and walking down the middle of the street. When the cop tried to get out of his vehicle, Brown slammed the door back shut. The cop got out and Brown attacked him and attempted to take his gun. The cop was able to get him off, but Brown crouched down and started charging the cop, the cop opened fire and shot multiple times to stop the 6'4" 300 pound man from clobbering him.

There are thousands of possible scenarios. The cop could be in the wrong, the victim could be in the wrong. That's still unknown. But we shouldn't immediately jump one way or the other and start making assumptions. What we do know is this guy was obviously a thug (seen on the robbery video), and he's obviously a very large man. We know nothing about the cop except he's not a guy out robbing liquor stores and he's a police officer (which the majority of cops are decent, hard working people)...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-18-2014 11:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
At this point it's not about the kid who got shot anymore, it's all about the reaction to the protests. Which is outrageously heavyhanded and a direct result of the Pentagon dumping war equipment on police departments for some obscure reason. *

* the reason is corruption, there's a couple of companies making a good living selling toys to the Pentagon so they can be given away for free... :up:

I don't deny the police force looks a little over-equipped. But when you have violent protestors and people looting homes and businesses, you don't want to take a knife to a gunfight...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-18-2014 12:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm sure everyone who ever made mistakes in their youth turned into lifelong career criminals.

If xeros account was true that account would've been out the day of the shooting (cut and dried). You don't withhold shit and start a smear campaign on the victim. It would be pretty hard NOT to have a clean record when you spend your entire career at an all white police department without dash cams thats as fucked up as Fergusons. Just look at that clown they have for a police chief. Its all so fucking shady..

Don't police carry tazers anymore? If Brown assaulted him while he was trying to get out of his vehicle why didn't he just stay in it and call for backup? If he recognized him as the suspect in the robbery why didn't he call for backup if Brown was so big and intimidating? I think people have every right to criticize this officer, they should be held to a higher standard when they have the potential to deal lethal force. Why is it always shoot to kill? Is the paperwork easier?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-18-2014 02:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Today I learned that xer0s is racist. :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-18-2014 02:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, ok...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-18-2014 02:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's just a moron... Although, most of them are racist my default...

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 08-18-2014 04:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

People who seek out law enforcement are almost certainly republicans. So you end up having all those wonderful characteristics of closed mindedness, perpetual ignorance, fear, hate, and the rest that follows that snowballing mess, infect the agency from top to bottom and every other other direction.

Anyway long story short, religion is to blame. Get that shit out of the way and theoretically everything will be better.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-18-2014 07:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Religion is just part of evolution... When the morons got smart enough to realize death is coming for them, they came up with religion to cope... Eventually they will grow up...

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-19-2014 07:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol humanity I yield

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-19-2014 07:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:

Anyway long story short, religion is to blame. Get that shit out of the way and theoretically everything will be better.

LOL, religion has existed longer than written history. I'm pretty sure that's not happening any time soon. ;)

PostPosted: 08-19-2014 08:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

QuakeSteve wrote:

lol humanity I yield

Good luck with any decent media coverage lol

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 08-19-2014 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Tsakali wrote:

LOL, religion has existed longer than written history. I'm pretty sure that's not happening any time soon. ;)

k, how about we just get rid of the republican party? the only reason I want religion out of the way is because of them abusing the shit out of it to justify their otherwise outdated philosophies. Or rather they base every rotten , disingenuous and straight up sadistic agendas on the religious mantra.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-19-2014 07:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have to say, and this may shake the very foundation of the America-haters in this thread (oh, wait, it was an American who said it, so it must be a LIE and a BRAIN WASHED UNEDUCATED REPUBLICAN KIND OF THING), that the number of gun toting weirdo rednecks I've encountered with crosses tattooed to their forearms in this state is roughly equalled by the number of gun-toting, racist (kill anyone not brown) illegals with tattooed crosses and tear drops. The joys of growing up in the system :)
I enjoy you lot, and that's a fact, but at times I see a really big disconnect with actual causes and outplayed drama. In these times of real news stories (Rwandan/Cambodian/Bosian genocide, for example), we're getting all up in arms about cops wearing camo and holding paintball guns filled with tear gas? Come on, fellas--does this really deserve all the attention? Maybe I'm the crazy one. Where's that well??

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-19-2014 07:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yup you're the crazy one. (people are getting up in arms about the execution of Michael Brown and the protection of his killer) That simple bro.

PostPosted: 08-19-2014 08:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
k, how about we just get rid of the republican party? the only reason I want religion out of the way is because of them abusing the shit out of it to justify their otherwise outdated philosophies. Or rather they base every rotten , disingenuous and straight up sadistic agendas on the religious mantra.

Liberals are also fucking retarded. Only slightly, slightly less so.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-19-2014 10:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol black ppl?...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-19-2014 10:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If anyone would commiserate with the poors I thought it'd be you :confused:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-19-2014 10:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EtUL wrote:
If anyone would commiserate with the poors I thought it'd be you :confused:

racist piece of shit!...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-19-2014 11:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do people in Texas yell at themselves? I don't understand...

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 08-19-2014 11:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Underpants? wrote:
I enjoy you lot, and that's a fact, but at times I see a really big disconnect with actual causes and outplayed drama. In these times of real news stories (Rwandan/Cambodian/Bosian genocide, for example), we're getting all up in arms about cops wearing camo and holding paintball guns filled with tear gas? Come on, fellas--does this really deserve all the attention? Maybe I'm the crazy one. Where's that well??

Most of us live in nice civilized first world countries and identify culturally with you US types more than people from other far flung places. Obviously. And people shouldn't be critical because there's a war somewhere else? What?

Nice examples of 'real news stories' as well - jesus man :)

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 08-20-2014 12:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I live in a land where white people are shot simply for their car, cell phone or valuables by Africans.
Not once have I heard these murderers are racist.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 08-20-2014 12:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

axbaby wrote:
I live in a land where white people are shot simply for their car, cell phone or valuables by Africans.
Not once have I heard these murderers are racist.

Of course not, they'll shoot anyone with a car, cell phone or valuables.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-20-2014 08:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol spoken with authority. Just curious Ryo... how often have you traveled out from under the serene umbrella of safety over Dutch0-land? Not that you haven't chosen rough places to live, as I know you have as far as in and around AMS, but we're not talking the same level of insanity that Ax may be living in daily, now, are we?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.