Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        More mentally defunct pisslamist chimps.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: More mentally defunct pisslamist chimps.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 04:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Laws against holocaust denial are as bad as the Nazis... Gg morons...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 04:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, the people who disallow holocaust denial are just as bad as those that caused it :dork:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 04:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Worse... :olo: ...

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 04:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just looked it up out of interest, in dutcheeland we have no explicit law against it (surprising, rather thought we did) but it falls under the laws against dicrimination and incitement of hatred or violence of a particular group.

An elegant judicial solution i say.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 05:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
By that logic we shouldn't have laws at all; not being allowed to steal cars doesn't stop people from doing so either. Never took you for such an anarchist to be honest!

It's not about materialistic goods, it's about ideas.
Thing is, in today's world, the general populace of the countries where denying the holocaust is illegal know what happened and have very sensible views on it. They also won't be swayed into hateful or antisemitic thoughts by people claimed the holocaust isn't real. Allowing people to deny the holocaust won't have the slightest impact on the way we in general view the events of the second world war. Sure, there are extreme views like neo-nazi groups, but they will hold on to their views whether or not holocaust denial is outlawed. So the net result of banning the denial of the holocaust is pretty much nil.

Also, to me such a ban only feeds the allegations of the holocaust never happening, because, if it did happen, then such a ban wouldn't be necessary, would it?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 05:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Just looked it up out of interest, in dutcheeland we have no explicit law against it (surprising, rather thought we did) but it falls under the laws against dicrimination and incitement of hatred or violence of a particular group.

An elegant judicial solution i say.

Not really elegant, because there's no strict definition of what hateful is.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 05:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's a good read for the non morons...

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultur ... ble-bodies

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 05:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
It's not about materialistic goods, it's about ideas.
Thing is, in today's world, the general populace of the countries where denying the holocaust is illegal know what happened and have very sensible views on it. They also won't be swayed into hateful or antisemitic thoughts by people claimed the holocaust isn't real. Allowing people to deny the holocaust won't have the slightest impact on the way we in general view the events of the second world war. Sure, there are extreme views like neo-nazi groups, but they will hold on to their views whether or not holocaust denial is outlawed. So the net result of banning the denial of the holocaust is pretty much nil.

Also, to me such a ban only feeds the allegations of the holocaust never happening, because, if it did happen, then such a ban wouldn't be necessary, would it?

Aye comparing it to car theft was a bit mean, i'll try again:

By that logic we shouldn't have laws against discrimination; not being allowed to discriminate doesn't stop people from doing so either. After all, generally the majority of the Euro population doesn't discriminate and the extremists who still cling to that train of thought will be hard to convince otherwise, so the net result of anti discrimination laws is nil.

Better eh?

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 05:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Not really elegant, because there's no strict definition of what hateful is.

That's a different discussion... i meant elegance in the sense that no specific subject (the holocaust) is mentioned, as that would interfere with freedom of expression.

So in Holland it's like this i think: you can't be prosecuted for denying the holocaust per se, but you can and will be prosecuted for the harmful effects it causes in society. Which is nice, because that way article 1 of the constitution does not clash with article 7.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 06:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Aye comparing it to car theft was a bit mean, i'll try again:

By that logic we shouldn't have laws against discrimination; not being allowed to discriminate doesn't stop people from doing so either. After all, generally the majority of the Euro population doesn't discriminate and the extremists who still cling to that train of thought will be hard to convince otherwise, so the net result of anti discrimination laws is nil.

Better eh?

Nah, you're being paradoxical now. In your other post you claim how the constitution is elegant because no specifics are mentioned in one article, yet now you sweep a broad generalization like discrimination on the same pile as a very specific thing: denying the holocaust.
The difference is that discrimination is a thing. A real, often tangible thing. It's about equal treatment and equal rights for people, no matter what personal background. Today, (in societies where it matters) denying the holocaust is such an absurd stance on history that society in general won't take you seriously if you spew that idea. So since the idea of the holocaust being a real and serious thing is so deeply ingrained in our society, I think a law to enforce that is no longer necessary.

As for the subject of hate mongering: denying the holocaust in itself doesn't promote hatred towards any group of people. It's only when used as an argument to support your (antisemitic) hateful ideologies. Same as denying man landed on the Moon (Hi Geoff!) It makes you look like a harmless fool, unless you use that as an argument to kill all of them lying sonofabitch astronauts.

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 07:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I haven't met anyone who denied the holocaust who didn't use it to support their anti-semitic hateful ideologies.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 07:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You have met ppl who deny the holocaust?... Cops called...

PostPosted: 01-15-2015 07:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Learn 2 read, retard

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 07:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Nah, you're being paradoxical now. In your other post you claim how the constitution is elegant because no specifics are mentioned in one article, yet now you sweep a broad generalization like discrimination on the same pile as a very specific thing: denying the holocaust.
The difference is that discrimination is a thing. A real, often tangible thing. It's about equal treatment and equal rights for people, no matter what personal background. Today, (in societies where it matters) denying the holocaust is such an absurd stance on history that society in general won't take you seriously if you spew that idea. So since the idea of the holocaust being a real and serious thing is so deeply ingrained in our society, I think a law to enforce that is no longer necessary.

As for the subject of hate mongering: denying the holocaust in itself doesn't promote hatred towards any group of people. It's only when used as an argument to support your (antisemitic) hateful ideologies. Same as denying man landed on the Moon (Hi Geoff!) It makes you look like a harmless fool, unless you use that as an argument to kill all of them lying sonofabitch astronauts.

No no, it's not the constitution i find elegant, it's the way the law works regarding holocaust denial. Offenders are prosecuted under the law that forbids discrimination, so that the debate about what should be more important, article 7 or article 1, is avoided entirely. There is no law that explicitly forbids holocaust denial, which i think is rather clever because jesus, think of all the taxeuro's wasted on endless cunstitutional debates you'd get in one of these courtcases otherwise.

About the discrimination thing; i really think you're overestimating the intellect and the education of the average person. It might be an absurd idea to you, but mate, people are fucking idiots.

Lastly; i disagree quite strongly that holocaust denial does not promote hate against a specific ethnic group. For the fun of it you should have a look at some of the arguments these people use. Basically, what Feedback said.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 10:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jews deserved to be hated...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 11:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Speaking of jokes, France's "free speech" double-standard:

Quote:
But the ink does not always flow free in France, which leads the Western world in crackdowns on free speech. Holocaust denial is a crime, and denying the Armenian genocide nearly became one in 2012. French legal history is choked with cases of bloggers, celebrities, and ordinary folk being dragged through the courts on charges of defamation or hate speech. Worse still, when the ink does flow, it predictably steers clear of powerful sacred cows, while baiting and stifling the usual suspects. If the French don’t learn the lessons of the Paris attacks and fail to confront the free-speech double standards that divide the country today, blood — not ink — will continue to flow.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/01/13/fra ... -offender/

yep, that about the sums it up - though the article, like so many others, swallows the 'Islamophobia' concept whole and without questioning its meaning - as this article does, for example

France is just at the extreme end of a Europe-wide inability to unequivocally defend free speech - an inability that is part of a larger inability on the part of European nations (including the UK) to define just what it is they stand for (what their 'values' are, to put in politico-wankspeak)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 11:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As a born german citizen speaking for jurisdiction in Germany I think the law against denial of the holocaust is absolutely legit.
There is enough evidence (written documents by the Wehrmacht, films done by the Allies, etc.) to proof the KZs did exist and they were installed to systematically erase the Reich of it's non-wanted citizens/inhabitants.
I would compare it to creationism if there'd be actual written or photographed proof of Darwin's theory.

Anyway, the law is there in it's form to prevent people who deny from ever becoming a ruling party. And for that reason it is legit and "good to have", in my opinion.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 01:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
I would compare it to creationism if there'd be actual written or photographed proof of Darwin's theory.

the fuck..? so you'd ban creationism if someone took a picture of evolution?

Quote:
Anyway, the law is there in it's form to prevent people who deny from ever becoming a ruling party. And for that reason it is legit and "good to have", in my opinion.

that law won't stop shit. also, you guys in Deutschland need to stop living in the past. you fret about inflation and Holocaust denial like it's the 1920s, but those days are long gone

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 01:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
As a born german citizen speaking for jurisdiction in Germany I think the law against denial of the holocaust is absolutely legit.
There is enough evidence (written documents by the Wehrmacht, films done by the Allies, etc.) to proof the KZs did exist and they were installed to systematically erase the Reich of it's non-wanted citizens/inhabitants.

Fucking weirdo...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 02:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

the fuck..? so you'd ban creationism if someone took a picture of evolution?

Yeah, that makes total sense if you combine it with what Feedback just said. Nobody says "Hey, I've got no agenda at all, but I believe in the 7 day theory of creation...", just like nobody says "I don't believe in the Holocaust, but as it happens, I find the Jewish race to be thoroughly agreeable".

Holocaust denial is banned because it's only done by Nazi's and arseholes. Same as Creationism is only preached by people who are guaranteed to subscribe to other backward and/or right wing ideologies.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 05:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nazis and arseholes are legal in the US of A... Cuz we believe in freedom unlike you fascist nitwits...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 05:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You believe in the concept of freedom, yet have never experienced it, and are probably the most gullible nation on earth when it comes to lapping up fascist ideologies.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-15-2015 06:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

or just cults in general.

Where's Snowden ?

PostPosted: 01-15-2015 09:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sucking on Putin's teet atm

still waiting on his report on Russia jajajaj

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-16-2015 04:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
You believe in the concept of freedom, yet have never experienced it, and are probably the most gullible nation on earth when it comes to lapping up fascist ideologies.

hardly. Europe has been awash with autocratic regimes of one kind or another for most of its history, with a few exceptions, while America has never experience fascism (unless you're using the word 'fascism' in the flabby, expansive sense employed by Tumblr bloggers and Alex Jones devotees, meaning "stuff I don't like")

also, your comment about the experience vs the concept of freedom: what you're saying is exactly true of Europe, including this country (but a pretty questionable claim as far as the US is concerned). freedom is so conceptualised in this part of the world that most people - it seems to me - are unable to understand it outside of a legal context. this explains why someone like Shami Chakrabati is seen as a heroine of liberty among metropolitan liberal types (she really isn't)

case in point: 'hate speech' laws - a blatant violation of free speech - are unthinkable in the US (because they would be unconstitutional), but are considered the norm in Europe, and are defended even by people who claim to love free speech :disgust:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-16-2015 04:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Which is why we over here in merika are truely baffled when dipshits argue if laws against holocaust denial warranted... That's just something unfree morons would do...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 01-16-2015 08:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
syp0s wrote:

hardly. Europe has been awash with autocratic regimes of one kind or another for most of its history, with a few exceptions, while America has never experience fascism (unless you're using the word 'fascism' in the flabby, expansive sense employed by Tumblr bloggers and Alex Jones devotees, meaning "stuff I don't like")

also, your comment about the experience vs the concept of freedom: what you're saying is exactly true of Europe, including this country (but a pretty questionable claim as far as the US is concerned). freedom is so conceptualised in this part of the world that most people - it seems to me - are unable to understand it outside of a legal context. this explains why someone like Shami Chakrabati is seen as a heroine of liberty among metropolitan liberal types (she really isn't)

case in point: 'hate speech' laws - a blatant violation of free speech - are unthinkable in the US (because they would be unconstitutional), but are considered the norm in Europe, and are defended even by people who claim to love free speech :disgust:

Quite the contrary. I don't mean fascism in the cliched it's-still-1930-down-with-Mussolini-the-bugger, way you're referring.

I'm glad you brought up constitutional mandate. America's main religion is "freedom". In stark opposition to countries with a religious constitution that act secular, America is the only country in the western world with a constitution that ironically "grants" freedom, and not one single one of its inhabitants actually has any.

Similarly, you could walk a hundred miles and not meet a single British Christian.

In other words, constitutions mean nothing, so I'm not quite sure what your point is.

Nothing wrong with banning hate speech. Political correctness is an attempt at creating one language we can all enjoy. I support that. I'm extremely happy that you aren't allowed to call my daughter a Kike.

PostPosted: 01-16-2015 09:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whoa I didn't know your daughter is a kike

PostPosted: 01-16-2015 09:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

my hitler avatar is purely coincidental

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-16-2015 09:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No it's not...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-16-2015 10:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
I'm glad you brought up constitutional mandate. America's main religion is "freedom". In stark opposition to countries with a religious constitution that act secular, America is the only country in the western world with a constitution that ironically "grants" freedom, and not one single one of its inhabitants actually has any.

i literally have no idea what you're saying here. (p.s. America's religion is Jesus, last time i checked...)

Quote:
In other words, constitutions mean nothing...

pretty sure the US Supreme Court, the ACLU, and a shit-ton of expensive lawyers would disagree, but ok

Quote:
Nothing wrong with banning hate speech. Political correctness is an attempt at creating one language we can all enjoy. I support that. I'm extremely happy that you aren't allowed to call my daughter a Kike.

i'm sure you are, but the law has no power to 'disallow' anything; it merely punishes after the fact, and has no effect on thoughts and desires (i.e. the very sphere of the human condition in which freedom of speech and conscience is in its element, but law is powerless)

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-16-2015 10:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're approaching it too literal, yanks see free speech as the fundamental stone of democracy, when they're the only nation to have it as a constitution. It's drilled into them like a religion.

Banning hate crimes, speeches or whatever is just a progressive society where common sense prevails. We don't need to be told when our freedoms are being taken from us, as a democratic society laws are made as such.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-16-2015 11:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So the fat narcissistic poor midget is also a Jew?... :olo: ...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 01-16-2015 11:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK gets it.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated

feedback wrote:
Whoa I didn't know your daughter is a kike

24/7, it's her "thing".

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.