Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        So this PSN/Sony Hacker Drama...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: So this PSN/Sony Hacker Drama...

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 06-04-2011 05:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got that and Dead Nation, which is like Alien Swarm but with zombies instead of aliens. Sort of like an isometric view L4D. Has co-op modes, which should be good fun.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 06-06-2011 04:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 06-07-2011 06:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I cant log in to claim my games. I think they reset my password but whenever I try to change it I get a maintenance page.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-07-2011 06:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:
I cant log in to claim my games. I think they reset my password but whenever I try to change it I get a maintenance page.

try lulsec as your pw :clownboat:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-07-2011 11:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-07-2011 02:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hackers are coming out of the woodwork! Anyone hear about the RSA breach?

Quote:
Lockheed Martin said Friday that it had proof that hackers breached its network two weeks ago partly by using data stolen from a vendor that supplies coded security tokens to tens of millions of computer users.

RSA disclosed in March that hackers had stolen data that could compromise a company’s SecurID system in a broader attack, and the breach of Lockheed, the nation’s largest defense contractor, is the first time that is known to have occurred.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/04/techn ... urity.html

Interesting times, indeed.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 06-07-2011 02:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I for one laff@ our new overlords

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 06-07-2011 04:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:

I think that's just the system being under heavy stress due to everyone coming back at once. I'd try again at offpeak hours or something.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 06-13-2011 03:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-15-2011 06:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

are they still trying to mess with Geohot?

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 06-15-2011 03:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Evidently they settled a few months ago: http://au.gamespot.com/news/6308347.html

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-20-2011 03:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone following this AntiSec thing? Apparently Anonymous and LulzSec have joined forces to take down government agencies. Read about it earlier today and apparently they've already knocked off a UK (soca.gov.uk) and a Chinese (jhw.gov.cn) site. No idea what either of these are but... this could get very interesting.

EDIT: Soca is Serious and Organized Crime Agency. Makes sense. Couldn't figure out what the Chinese site was.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 06-21-2011 07:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

19-Year Old Alleged LulzSec Ringleader Arrested in England

http://gizmodo.com/5813954/alleged-lulz ... in-england
or not

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 06-21-2011 01:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The updates suggest he's just an IRC stooge. LulSec remains unharmed, but I think at this rate, it's probably only a matter of time before this all comes crashing down.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 06-21-2011 02:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They used his IRC server. Might be an attempt to get chat logs.

They're starting to break:
http://pastebin.com/kfi3Ticq
http://pastebin.com/MBEsm5XQ

It's fun to believe that these groups are some kind of rebel force for good, but they're probably just in it for cash dollars and notoriety.

http://www.unveillance.com/latest-news/ ... statement/

http://www.thinq.co.uk/2011/5/9/exclusi ... peaks-out/

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-21-2011 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seems odd that LulzSec would partner with Anonymous... their motives seem vastly different, and just going from the rate and tone of their tweets, it really does seem like LulzSec is a group of kids (an easy image to fake, I know) whereas Anonymous comes off as more of the "strong, silent one", at least in relation to Lulz. Either way... this is some of the weirdest shit to hit the Internet I'd say... entertaining, at the very least. Tell them to fucking hack the Canadian gov't already and get Harper the fuck outta here :eek: :olo:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-23-2011 09:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Check it: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6490796/Chinga_La_Migra

Leaked data from the Arizona Police Dept... !

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 06-23-2011 09:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got an email from BioWare today telling me they got hacked as well [not serious apparently, just some old servers]. NFI when or why I would have registered on the NWN forums o_O

Quote:
We recently learned that hackers gained unauthorized access to the decade-old BioWare server system supporting the Neverwinter Nights forums. We immediately took appropriate steps to protect our consumers’ data and launched a thorough ongoing evaluation of the breach. We have determined that no credit card data was compromised from the servers, nor did we ever have or store sensitive data like social security numbers. Our investigation shows that information such as user names, encrypted passwords, email addresses, mailing addresses, names, phone numbers, CD keys and birth dates from these forum accounts on the system may have been compromised, as well as other information (if any) that you may have associated with your EA Account. In an abundance of caution, we have changed your password to ensure account security. Please visit this https://www.ea.com/au/profile/reset-pas ... ahblahblah to reset your password immediately.

If your link has expired, click here to generate a new email.

We take the security of your information very seriously and regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. If your username, email address and/or password on your EA account are similar to those you use on other sites, we recommend changing the password at those sites as well. We advise all of our fans to always be aware of any suspicious emails or account activity and report any suspicious emails and account activity to Customer Support at 1-877-357-6007.

If you have questions, please visit our FAQ at http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5367/ or contact Customer Support at the phone number above.

Aaryn Flynn
Studio GM, BioWare Edmonton
VP, Electronic Arts

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-24-2011 06:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got the same email. Hackers are either coming out of the woodwork, or companies are covering their asses by letting us know every little thing that happens now that Sony got spanked for not doing so. My money is on a little from column A, a little from column B.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.