Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Well hell may be freezing over (workout)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: gaining muscle. any way without shooting up?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-03-2015 03:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
sick mullet bro

Jellusy has for this chump hallucinating... :olo: ...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-03-2015 06:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
scared? wrote:

I win. :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-03-2015 09:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-03-2015 09:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Total domination!!!...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-03-2015 11:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Total AIDS! :olo:

Total perfection. :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-04-2015 06:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-04-2015 06:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All to easy...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-04-2015 09:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

too

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-04-2015 12:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AIDS :olo:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-04-2015 06:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was going to let this thread stay as its own since the workout thread turned into 99% trolling... but just who are we kidding.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-05-2015 03:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fucking appalled that I had someone talking about my knowledge of olympic lifting, and the same twink posts a congratulatory video of himself squatting 160kg for one rep while wrapped to the gills in lifting shit like he bought an outfit from powerlifters-r-us.

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 02-05-2015 03:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

y u mad tho

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-05-2015 04:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cuz he's 5'2" and ppl laff at him when he walk by...

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 02-05-2015 07:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I m excite this week because I'm doing 140kg squat, 120kg bench, and 200kg dl for max reps. Hoping for 2-4.

been planning on hitting 90kg bw this year but it's not easy. 8 more kg to go.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-05-2015 10:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
y u mad tho

I long for the bygone day when my gym wasn't full of twinks in huge belts, knee wraps, and lifting shoes setting up their phones to record mediocre lifts.

When I was 94kg I was squatting 270 for reps.

It's the slomo filming part. You see it in the gym and you just think "total cunt". It's not the weight, it's the filming of it.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-06-2015 12:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are they using the slow mo videoing to break down their lifts to improve them? If they are, I see no problem with that. It's how you improve.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-06-2015 03:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe, but then why are you uploading it to youtube and posting it on a public forum?

It's a cunt's trick.

Besides, you improve form by lowering the weight and concentrating on building the mind/muscle connection. Worrying about improving your form on a 1RM is pointless -- just look at any strongman comp.

It's the I'll-dispense-advice-about-lifting-to-a-15-year-vet-but-I-can't-squat-double-my-bodyweight-yet-even-with-belt-and-wraps nature of this.

The very nerve of it, Mr Carlos. The very bloody nerve!

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-06-2015 03:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fair enough!

I'm still unable to squat double my body weight and I have not much chance of improving it at the moment as I'm waiting to here back on an op for a torn lateral meniscus cartilage :/

Bench press is still shit but my over head press is improving quite a bit. I'm up to 75kg for 1 with a body weight of 83kg

PostPosted: 02-06-2015 04:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah if you video a 1RM it isn't for form. it's because you think you're hot shit. You better be putting down elite numbers if you're going to record that. videoing yourself doing reps for technique is fine, but I've also never seen anyone do it lol.

PostPosted: 02-06-2015 04:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sys0p did you delete me from facebook 4 years ago? What kind of cunt do you take me for? Some kind of cunt?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-06-2015 05:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He takes u as a narcissistic fascist who probably gets paid by the government to post propaganda stories on Facebook all the time... The midget isn't as bad as u... And that's saying a lot...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-06-2015 05:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck no, I killed my account after I realised everyone else on it was a cunt EXCEPT you.

Seriously, if there was a way to have only you, Roger and BT on Facebook, I'd do it.

There's also another guy from back in the day, but I forgot his name. He appeared one day, was excellent, and then just left as dramatically as he appeared.

:F

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-06-2015 05:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Fair enough!

I'm still unable to squat double my body weight and I have not much chance of improving it at the moment as I'm waiting to here back on an op for a torn lateral meniscus cartilage :/

Bench press is still shit but my over head press is improving quite a bit. I'm up to 75kg for 1 with a body weight of 83kg

It's never about the weight. Like Slarveback said, it's only about the weight if you think the weight is impressive. You can't squat DYBW yet, but neither are you posting videos of yourself like some kind of hipster cunt in a stupid fucking beard, wrapped up like like a dead pharaoh. No offence to Andyman, of course, the muggy shitslag who weighs less than I shoulder press standing for reps.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-06-2015 06:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
There's also another guy from back in the day, but I forgot his name. He appeared one day, was excellent, and then just left as dramatically as he appeared.

Testoclesius i'm sure.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-06-2015 06:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:

Seriously, if there was a way to have only you, Roger and BT on Facebook, I'd do it.

how about not accepting any other friendrequests.

PostPosted: 02-06-2015 06:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
Fuck no, I killed my account after I realised everyone else on it was a cunt EXCEPT you.

:n

I unfollow most people after they disappoint me twice.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-06-2015 07:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:

LOL, what a cuntishly sanctimonous idea.

Hey, why don't I just deny friend requests to everyone I've ever met, including members of my family, in order to have three people on my Facebook, two of which I'm not in any contact with, VS just simply not using Facebook.

INTERNET!

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-06-2015 07:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
:n

I unfollow most people after they disappoint me twice.

Gym updates are my kryptonite. Two updates about how good their session was, and they are off the list.

PostPosted: 02-06-2015 07:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:paranoid:

Literally did that today, too happy to get 140kg for reps man. Had the biggest faggy smile on in the gym

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-06-2015 07:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
MKJ wrote:

LOL, what a cuntishly sanctimonous idea.

Hey, why don't I just deny friend requests to everyone I've ever met, including members of my family, in order to have three people on my Facebook, two of which I'm not in any contact with, VS just simply not using Facebook.

INTERNET!

you asked for a FB with only those 3 cunts.
don't change the rules after the fact. cunt.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-06-2015 07:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No I'm talking about an actual rep-by-rep breakdown of the session. As in a list of exercises followed by poundage. For. The. Entire. Workout.

Shit, the other day, I managed a muscle-up after finally figuring out the problem was my grip position. First thing I did was call someone to gloat. Totally acceptable stuff.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-06-2015 07:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
you asked for a FB with only those 3 cunts.
don't change the rules after the fact. cunt.

Don't fuck with me. I lift.

PostPosted: 02-06-2015 07:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
No I'm talking about an actual rep-by-rep breakdown of the session. As in a list of exercises followed by poundage. For. The. Entire. Workout.

Shit, the other day, I managed a muscle-up after finally figuring out the problem was my grip position. First thing I did was call someone to gloat. Totally acceptable stuff.

Oh, you mean what crossfit was made for. "Guys I did Fran in 90 seconds with 10 herp'n'derps for 10 jerks."

PostPosted: 02-06-2015 12:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this is a pretty 1337 thread, the best of the best gather here for sure

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-06-2015 01:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Especially me, I could curl you.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.