Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        back in the 300 pound club...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: back in the 300 pound club...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-27-2015 08:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:
Cool. You must be deceivingly strong for your build.

deceptively

Cut him some slack, these big words are tough...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-27-2015 08:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you bench work ur arms closer to 45 degrees than 90 you shouldn't have any shoulder problems. If you bench closer to 90 ur also a narcissistic moron... Lots of noobie chumps here...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-27-2015 09:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't even lift...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-27-2015 09:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
If you bench work ur arms closer to 45 degrees than 90 you shouldn't have any shoulder problems. If you bench closer to 90 ur also a narcissistic moron... Lots of noobie chumps here...

Take a video of you benching 300 with decent form or shut the fuck up.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-27-2015 10:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grow up tiny and quit being jellus...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-27-2015 06:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just ordered a pair of lifting straps... I was originally of the opinion that if you were going to lift the weight you should be able to grasp and hold it. But lately I'm experiencing pain during and post workout in my finger joints. Because as I progress, I'm finding it easier to move the weight and more difficult to hold on to it through multiple reps. There's not much research that indicates using these straps is a bad thing and I usually see the biggest guys at the gym using them. So I figured I'd give them a try.

Thoughts or fuck off.

Do the chickens have large talons?
Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 04-27-2015 06:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

way to go geoff big money hustla

jerked 300lb for a double today... was going for a triple but couldn't make the third :(

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 04-27-2015 06:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Yes I can bench 300...

No you can't, and no one believes you.

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 04-27-2015 06:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I just ordered a pair of lifting straps... I was originally of the opinion that if you were going to lift the weight you should be able to grasp and hold it. But lately I'm experiencing pain during and post workout in my finger joints. Because as I progress, I'm finding it easier to move the weight and more difficult to hold on to it through multiple reps. There's not much research that indicates using these straps is a bad thing and I usually see the biggest guys at the gym using them. So I figured I'd give them a try.

Thoughts or fuck off.

I would never use straps, but I also don't have finger-joint pain. What would you use straps on? The only exercises I can see one holding onto relatively heavy weights are deadlifts, db rows, shrugs, and lunges. I only do deadlifts but I think if you need straps to hold onto a DL you shouldn't be doing them.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 04-27-2015 07:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Thoughts or fuck off.

You're fat.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-27-2015 07:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In doing deads right now... Without straps... Cuz I'm a real man...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 04-27-2015 09:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No you're not.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 04:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How much did you deadlift, Geoff? 850lbs raw speed reps?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 05:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jellus steroid midget still mad... Listen up chump.... Lose the inferiority complex and get a real job... :olo: ...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 05:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
I would never use straps, but I also don't have finger-joint pain. What would you use straps on? The only exercises I can see one holding onto relatively heavy weights are deadlifts, db rows, shrugs, and lunges. I only do deadlifts but I think if you need straps to hold onto a DL you shouldn't be doing them.

I would use them specifically for rows and shrugs.

PostPosted: 04-28-2015 05:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah doesn't really matter then

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 05:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No deads?....wtf....

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 06:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Jellus steroid midget still mad... Listen up chump.... Lose the inferiority complex and get a real job... :olo: ...

How much do you squat, Geoff? I'd imagine it's got to be at least 1000lbs. I'd be surprised if you weren't able to break the world record providing there was no way to verify it.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 06:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gramps, you should get rid of the straps and just use chalk. If you've got a relatively decent grip you should be able to hold about 500lb on the bar in your hands quite comfortably with chalk.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 06:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Chumps use chalk... Besides it's messy and just pretentious... Well I guess if u can't afford a home gym you don't have to worry about the mess... :olo: ...

Also... Lol the midget can't bench 300 pounds... :olo: ...

PostPosted: 04-28-2015 06:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I find whenever I deadlift over 450 lbs chalk is a necessity. :up:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 07:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just use straps if needed cuz I don't want my house looking like sys0ps room where he mixed his steroids up...i got more class than that...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 07:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Chumps use chalk... Besides it's messy and just pretentious... Well I guess if u can't afford a home gym you don't have to worry about the mess... :olo: ...

Also... Lol the midget can't bench 300 pounds... :olo: ...

I don't really know anyone who lifts heavy and doesn't use either powdered or liquid chalk. I'm very unsurprised that you wouldn't find it useful, given that it doesn't really add to made up numbers and lies about having home gyms.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 07:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
I just use straps if needed cuz I don't want my house looking like sys0ps room where he mixed his steroids up...i got more class than that...

Steroids just come in a bottle. You don't have to mix them up. You're confusing performance enhancing drugs with bakery.

PostPosted: 04-28-2015 07:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well not that it matters if you aren't interesting in competing or doing things that are real, but you can't use straps in competition (and chalk is also very useful for keeping the bar on you in a low bar squat). Plus, resetting each rep with straps is basically impossible. I'd imagine you'd have to deadlift completely differently if attached to the bar.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 08:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't use straps... I don't see the need to go that heavy on deads... Also I try not to obsess over exercise to the point of wanting to compete or whatever gay ass extreme morons like to take it to... Like sys0p taking steroids to keep up and fill that void that insecurity has created in him...

Yet he still can't bench 300... :olo: ...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 08:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
Steroids just come in a bottle.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 08:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I don't even lift...

...bro

me neither. damn this cup of coffee's heavy

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 08:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
I just use straps if needed

scared? wrote:
I don't use straps...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 08:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't use straps cuz they aren't needed.... I have in the past when I was going too heavy... Don't be angry midget...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Of course they aren't needed, you don't lift.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 09:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not very much but can still bench more than u... :olo: ...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 10:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You don't bench. You just posted a picture in the other thread when you thought it proved something. Strange how you can't prove your bullshit bench numbers. always the way with you. You'll post a picture of anything you can prove, and with everything else, you'll just repeat yourself until the other person gets bored.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 10:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
You don't bench. You just posted a picture in the other thread when you thought it proved something. Strange how you can't prove your bullshit bench numbers. always the way with you. You'll post a picture of anything you can prove, and with everything else, you'll just repeat yourself until the other person gets bored.

:olo: ...

plained
plained
PostPosted: 04-28-2015 10:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i can lift 300lbs

just not all at once ey

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.