Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Mass Effect 2

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Mass Effect 2

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-26-2010 09:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
Is anyone importing their old character or are you all starting new? Not sure if it will make serious difference in-game or not.

I imported my level 44 character. I have no idea either what it will do or what it might change. But I do know it gave me a ton of extra credits starting off and it also gave me weapons. As for how it could affect the story, that's to be determined...

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 01-26-2010 10:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:

lol...it took a resurrection of a Mass Effect thread to bring Pauly out of the closet to post again.

He prolly played the game as a male to see his avatar's ass in the sex scene. Whada queer.

Yes, you play as a female because it's the only time you can stare at a girl's arse without risking a restraining order.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-27-2010 02:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For the bros who dont have their years-old savegame anymore;

http://www.annakie.com/me/home.htm

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 01-27-2010 03:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
For the bros who dont have their years-old savegame anymore;

http://www.annakie.com/me/home.htm

cheaters!

but yeah, the ME1 save makes a pretty big difference to the overall enjoyment of the game, specifically with old characters who return (and remember how you were/what you did for them) as well as minor NPC interactions, such as helena blake, the rachni etc..

the first game is awesome anyway and deserves to be played before this.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-27-2010 03:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i think its a response to this

Quote:
Hello Penny Arcade readers. My name is Chris Priestly and I am BioWare’s Community Coordinator.

This morning Tycho posted a quote I gave him from a discussion we were having about Mass Effect 2. Unfortunately, the information I gave him was not correct. I had told him that when creating a new character, you could go down a list of key decisions and set them manually. Unfortunately I was working from a test build used by our internal testing department. While there are choice made by the player, new games of ME2 will have a certain pre-disposed assumption of what happened to your new character in ME1.

I apologize to Tycho for not fact checking the information I gave him, and I apologize to all of you who read what he, in good faith, posted today and have been misinformed.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 01-27-2010 04:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

See, THAT would have been cool... But instead I have to load one of those saves off that site that doesn't quite fit in... AIDEN Sheppard...? Can we not rename them again...? Mehhh... Better than nowt I guess, and you never hear the name anyway other than in the UI save slots...

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 01-27-2010 06:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok, well, its a bit picky about the naming of saves, so if you use the site above to get a character as a base and it wotn load, thats likely to do with how the file name of the save was named... Odd.

Anyway so far... Wow... Just holy fuck wow... Beautiful port runs smooth as silk at max settings on my old rig, which is great. The only things I don't like are A) lack of 360 pad support (so no relaxing in front of the tv) and no way to change the mouse sensitivity. It just has three options, low medium and high, and low is equal to about 20 in Quake 3... Which is far too much... *looks for ini files*

Anyway, fuck a doodle doo, stunning...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-27-2010 07:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol odium...

Eye-like balls
Eye-like balls
PostPosted: 01-28-2010 02:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

About 6 hours in, some thoughts:

* The mouse sensitivity is very gay. Even "low" is hugely sensitive and fucks up my aim in Quake, I'm unable to do a 180 after playing ME2 because I'm not used to moving my hand that much.

* I dislike the ammo management system. There is just not enough ammo around and you can hold so little of it. Things have kind of improved the past hour I've played, but the first 3-4 hours I was really annoyed at the small amounts of ammo you could hold, especially with upgraded weapons. Use assault rifle, deplete. Use pistol, deplete. Use sniper rifle and shotgun to run around looking for ammo midfight.

* The story so far seems all right. I expect it will pick up soon though, since I'm not too far in the main plot arc.

* Mining for resources seems too repetitive.

* Some of the characters (that I've gathered so far) are really good. Mordin Solus is one of THE best characters I've seen in games so far. In my opinion the comical value rivals HK-47 from KOTOR and the character has more depth.

* It is definitely advantegous to load a char from ME1. The biggest difference is being able to interrupt cutscenes with some pretty nice options, depending if you're high on paragon or renegade points.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-28-2010 03:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just finished the Omega missions and am about to go see the new Citadel for the first time.

Thoughts:

-Would've been better if they simply improved the inventory system from ME1 rather than discard it entirely.

-Having to conserve ammo definitely adds to the challenge but they could've kept some of the weaponry from ME1, ie. rifles that overheat.

-Love the graphic violence and language, makes the universe seem a lot grittier and darker, just like in the novels.

-They really stepped up the combat and enemy AI from ME1

-Seems like they fixed all of the visual bugs from the first game (Garrus' high quality face, light sources penetrating through characters, dynamic shadows, etc.)

-The game overall looks absolutely beautiful on PC

-NO MORE ELEVATORS

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 01-28-2010 04:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just so I'm clear... I have a few armour DLC's...

Now I can select them in the menu no problem. But I find myself sticking to the N7 all the time...

But I've yet to find any new armour in the game...? I've found "pieces" to replace "pieces" of the N7 armour. Did they do away with finding complete kits or something unless its a really special kit, and now you just upgrade bits?

And I third that on the inventory and ammo stuff, it was a poor console kiddy decision to dumb it down so much.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-28-2010 06:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was just talking to some reporter who bad mouthed me in ME1, and while she was mid sentence I punched her in the face.

I made a lol.

I agreed with the inventory qualms (or lack, thereof) but I'm not overly fussed.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-28-2010 06:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Deji wrote:
* Some of the characters (that I've gathered so far) are really good. Mordin Solus is one of THE best characters I've seen in games so far. In my opinion the comical value rivals HK-47 from KOTOR and the character has more depth.

his loyalty mission is fun, some excellent [LOL MORALITY] questions are raised.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 01-28-2010 06:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I did the same :D It was one of the fewer times where being a bit on the "dark side" made me laugh, lol... Usually I stick to the paragon side of things. Bitch had it coming though, she had the guts to send me a sarcy email beforehand... Cunt...

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 01-28-2010 06:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
I was just talking to some reporter who bad mouthed me in ME1, and while she was mid sentence I punched her in the face.

I made a lol.

Am I the only person here that punched that bitch in the first game? That was hilarious, too.

fisted

I also punched that whiny fagg0t on Eden Prime.

more fisting

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-28-2010 06:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did you all keep the default appearence for shepard? it's weird seeing him in GKYs video because I made him look all wartorn and older.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 01-28-2010 06:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is a facial animation bug just before you punch the reporter. It only lasts for a few frames but it's hilarious if you catch it.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 01-28-2010 06:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Did you all keep the default appearence for shepard? it's weird seeing him in GKYs video because I made him look all wartorn and older.

That's not my vid. I simply found "the punch from the first game" with a search.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 01-28-2010 06:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Huh, I never knew you could punch the reporter!
Mind you, I had a great one on my last playthrough where I got that corporate internal affairs officer and the CEO to kill each-other.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-28-2010 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm rapidly losing patience with the resource mining. If they're going to have this kind of thing implimented, the least they could do is offer the player a way to trade excess and buy raw minerals. :mad:

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 01-28-2010 08:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Relax, you find a few upgrades for it later that make it much quicker.

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 01-28-2010 09:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hear that bioware is releasing a custom Mass Effect keyboard with autofire.... on the space bar

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 01-28-2010 01:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So, this Mass Effect game sounds pretty cool eh? :paranoid:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-28-2010 04:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unless you're a moron...

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 01-29-2010 09:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-29-2010 09:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sigh :(

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 01-29-2010 09:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually the original one was funnier as it had the alien reaction in it... But it didn't work :(

So I thought "Meh, tits is better than no tits, cgi or not".

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-29-2010 09:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium :(

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-31-2010 02:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

completed mass effect 1 over the weekend. it was fantastic... started 2 and im really not to sure what i think.... its like they removed all the rpg elements and turned it into a gow rip... but i'll give it more time...

are video games just being dumbed down more and more to panda to the new casual gamer?

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 01-31-2010 02:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fKd wrote:
completed mass effect 1 over the weekend. it was fantastic... started 2 and im really not to sure what i think.... its like they removed all the rpg elements and turned it into a gow rip... but i'll give it more time...

are video games just being dumbed down more and more to panda to the new casual gamer?

i think in the case of ME2, it's more a case of streamlining than dumbing down.

the armor/weapon system was pretty ridiculous in the first game (carrying over 100 weapons at a time is a little silly) and at least the path to better armor/weapons is much more balanced this time around.

i would have liked to change the weapons i collected thru a menu though... the wep stacks before a mission were a little annoying.

anyway, definite contender for game of the year.. but theres some superb titles coming in the next few months too.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-31-2010 07:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What's the best way to score some credits. There's a ton of upgrades I'd like to buy, but I'm low on cash...

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 02-01-2010 04:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
What's the best way to score some credits. There's a ton of upgrades I'd like to buy, but I'm low on cash...

If you find one let me know... Other than scanning everything in sight and making sure not to miss a single hack, you WILL only just get by... :(

Its not like the last game where you end with a few million and nothing to use it on. I've been hovering around 60k for a while now... Same as mining for stuff, you can find it in levels but you really do need to sit there with the dull mini game :( Its one of the areas they stream lined to make it more easy for console kids, sadly...

Oh, and I actually levelled up whilst playing... Had the HUGE box on the right made for 12 inch TV's tell me... First time in over 26 levels I did it midgame :( No fanfare, nothing, just a big box... :( Stuff like that makes me miss Mass Effect 2, I loved levelling in that game...

Currently helping Legion (Who is the most bad ass curve ball team member you will ever have) on his loyality... Can't see what his second costume is, the guys got a fucking HOLE in his chest...

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-01-2010 05:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I encountered that annoying reporter lady from the first ME, I just wanted her to go away and instead ended up punching her in the face

I love this game

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-01-2010 06:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legion is badass.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-01-2010 07:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
xer0s wrote:

If you find one let me know... Other than scanning everything in sight and making sure not to miss a single hack, you WILL only just get by... :(

Its not like the last game where you end with a few million and nothing to use it on. I've been hovering around 60k for a while now... Same as mining for stuff, you can find it in levels but you really do need to sit there with the dull mini game :( Its one of the areas they stream lined to make it more easy for console kids, sadly...

Well that sucks. I guess I'll have to pick and choose what I buy more carefully. Shouldn't have bought those fish for my aquarium...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.