Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Mass Effect 2

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Mass Effect 2

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 07-07-2010 09:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Engineer and Adepts are good fun

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 07-18-2010 03:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

okay that's it, the gameplay of Mass Effect 2, even on suicidal, bores me to death. I can't play for more than 30 minutes, the combat is just so repetitive and there's nothing else, even for the new mission packs I'm completely uninterested in continuing.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 07-18-2010 09:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I have played it to death. To be fair this has to be the only game in which I have replayed about 20 times.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 07-18-2010 11:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

definitely not as exciting the 2nd time around once you know the story. I purposely waited for some dlc to launch so I would get some new story.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-18-2010 11:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
Yeah I have played it to death. To be fair this has to be the only game in which I have replayed about 20 times.

lol

This statement has completely nullified - for now and eternity - your opinion on anything Mass Effect. Fanboi writ large....huge even.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 07-18-2010 02:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You need to nullify cream cakes you fat cunt

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 07-20-2010 03:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo: :olo:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 07-20-2010 04:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Imma wait a bit with my second playthrough as Evil Shepard - story is way too fresh in my head.
Also, there are too many other games i must play :drool:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-08-2010 09:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just finished Lair of the Shadow Broker. I also played Project Overlord a couple months back, both were quality.

PostPosted: 11-08-2010 09:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lair of the shadow broker, is that a new dlc?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-08-2010 09:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep. It's a decent amount of gameplay and story progression as well. Well worth checking out.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 11-09-2010 02:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just finished my second playthrough, this time as Paragon Sheperd and he's still a bit of an arsehole.

Incidentally, they've just released further details on Mass Effect 2 for PS3, it comes with all of the current DLC's on the Blu-Ray disc. However Mass Effect 1 is still 360 Exclusive as far as consoles go. I'd be interested to see how that works out because to me Mass Effect 1 was pretty important to the Storyline. Apparently, they are going to be releasing an interactive comic book on the Cerberus Network to help you make the decisions that you would have made in Mass Effect 1.

Also, no word on Mass Effect 3 yet which is a bit disappointing, according to BioWare it's still in R&D. People aren't going to have their Mass Effect 2 saves by the time it comes out!

Sources:
http://uk.ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3 ... 971p1.html

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010- ... -interview

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 11-09-2010 01:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They will not release news of ME3 until ME2 has been released on the PS3.

Expect a teaser around March I reckon.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 11-09-2010 01:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PS3 version of ME2 has an extra 6 hour campaign, or something to that effect. Cunts.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 11-09-2010 02:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The current confirmed details are that it comes with an "Interactive Comic" to help flesh out decisions from ME1 (something all versions could do with adding retro-actively TBH), and all the DLC free.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-09-2010 02:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They should just end it with ME2...

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 11-09-2010 03:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
They should just end it with ME2...

The sequel was better than the first and they still have at least a few games worth of story arcs that could be covered. I'm looking forward to seeing what the third installment brings.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-09-2010 03:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i agree, it took some getting used to tho, played the first right before the second. a great sci rpg indeed. might get the ps3 version for all the dlc and extras

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-14-2010 02:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
You need to nullify cream cakes you fat cunt

:up:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 04:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

More DLC incoming, no details yet

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6285841.html

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-21-2011 10:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes plz

Quote:
As outlined here in the BioWare forums, the update introduces three new trophy listings associated with the previously unknown DLC. They are “The Ultimate Sacrifice”, “Last Stand”, and “Covert Action”. Sparking lots of interest is the mention of Dr. Amanda Kenson in the Covert Action trophy listing, as the character was recently mentioned in a Cerberus Network Update:

“Historians and astronomers alike are abuzz tonight over a new paper published by Dr. Amanda Kenson of the University of Arcturus. Her team claims that by testing the dust trapped in the gravity wells around a mass relay, and comparing its composition to that of dust clouds in the same system, scientists can create a timeline of when the relay passed through the dust. Her conclusion? “Only a small fraction of the mass effect relays date back 50,000 years,” she writes, “The majority are far older, indicating they were created by a species predating even the Protheans.” Dr. Aurana T’Meles of the University of Serrice met the information with skepticism: “While Dr. Kenson’s methods appear sound, the asari tried a similar procedure centuries ago and discounted it. What civilization could have spanned the galaxy for not thousands, but millions of years? If this were the case, we should have found mountains of evidence of their passing. Where is this species now?”

Many a forum poster is under the assumption that “The Arrival” DLC will simply set up the events of Mass Effect 3 which include the long-awaited arrival of the Reapers. Of course, the details of the DLC should accompany an official announcement, which we expect will happen rather soon considering the level of information that has already been revealed via the update.

link

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-22-2011 06:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess I don't remember the story well enough to grasp this. I'll need to play ME1 & ME2 about a month before ME3 comes out, just to refresh the story...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-18-2011 12:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The last Mass Effect 2 mission will be released March 29...

PostPosted: 03-19-2011 09:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just playing The Shadow Broker DLC, it's pretty good and a lot longer than I thought it would be.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 03-21-2011 04:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
Just playing The Shadow Broker DLC, it's pretty good and a lot longer than I thought it would be.

Just a bit daft how that Asari bitch is 10x harder to kill than any other enemy/boss in the game.

PostPosted: 03-21-2011 06:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL yeah that's why I always keep my Cain fully stocked. She was a spectre, anyway.

Oh hey I just bought Left 4 Dead 2. Is it too late?

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 03-21-2011 04:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
LOL yeah that's why I always keep my Cain fully stocked. She was a spectre, anyway.

Never too late, though if you're still in China, good luck finding a server.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 03-21-2011 06:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol video games.

PostPosted: 03-21-2011 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

brisk wrote:
feedback wrote:

Never too late, though if you're still in China, good luck finding a server.

I still slarved with 300 ping from Korea, I can still slarve from the Pearl River Delta.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-25-2011 03:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Minor spoilers for the final DLC and ME3:

http://www.1up.com/news/mass-effect-3-d ... fect-2-dlc

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-31-2011 12:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 03-31-2011 12:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

...and every review I've seen of it has really slated it.
I'll be avoiding this unless I see some redeeming comments.

The EuroGamer review is particularly damning.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-31-2011 01:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's a shame, still gonna play it though.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 03-31-2011 02:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's got an hour and a half of gameplay, shit-tons of shootin stuff and almost no conversations.

What's not to like?

The review Mat linked to was written by a spoiled cunt with a very established sense of entitlement. Eurogamer is notorious for being full of itself and smashing games in ways they don't deserve to be smashed, which throws a big wrench in the ratings-curve so I tend to completely (and without question) ignore any review of anything from that site. Fuck u....

I'll play this and probably enjoy it.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-31-2011 03:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, solo play is what was the deal-breaker for me. I don't mind heavy fighting, but I want to do it with by buds.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.