Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-09-2016 07:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ey i bet u look pretty badass pushing around your "eco" cart :olo:

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 10-09-2016 10:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Research I've been working on for almost 2 years is going to be published in a top-tier journal before the end of this month. It's been so long since I started that I can barely remember what it was about. Publishing can be a drag.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-09-2016 11:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

is it research to support any of the so far unsubstantiated claims you've made on this forum? :)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-09-2016 11:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Got the windows tinted today.

are there no pavements in your neighbourhood? :dts:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-10-2016 05:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I suppose you mean sidewalks. There are sidewalks on the main roads. But I don't live in a high traffic area, so they really aren't necessary.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 10-10-2016 06:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I also have no sidewalks. :shrug:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-10-2016 11:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess in Europe we tend to associate concrete blocks like that with either areas under construction or roads in Romania in the early 90's.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 08:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^ essentially this. it's a sign either of poverty or suburbia so sterile that it never occurs to anyone to walk anywhere nearby

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 08:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^ It's likely that you posses limited knowledge of anything outside the small footprint in which you live.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 09:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
^ essentially this. it's a sign either of poverty or suburbia so sterile that it never occurs to anyone to walk anywhere nearby

It's true, most residential areas in North America are like this because the infrastructure is built to discourage walking. Can't let those fatties walk off their dependency on sugar or look at the world around them too long.

Scourge wrote:
I also have no sidewalks. :shrug:

Sidewalks aren't necessary at trailer parks, Randy.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 10:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
^ It's likely that you posses limited knowledge of anything outside the small footprint in which you live.

Yeah, he's a clueless moron... :olo: ...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 11:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^ oh u mad :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 11:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

it's likely that i'm right

civilised countries have sidewalks. it's what separates us from animals. and some americans by the sounds of it

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 12:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^ Mr. Knowitall actually doesn't know. Surprised? Not really. :tard:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 12:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Silicone_Milk wrote:
Packing my shit and moving from the San Francisco Bay Area up to Seattle.
Current job is going to let me work remotely for a bit. I don't know anybody up there so it'll be interesting starting fresh with no sort of network.

Awesome. Seattle is a cool city. Moving somewhere new with no connections would be tough. Good luck with that. Tip: Accept every single invitation to go out and socialize. If coworkers ask if you want to go do something, do it. You'll make friends pretty quick...if you're not a complete weirdo...

Thanks. I drive up this coming Monday. Still need to get my bank account transferred over.
I'm going to be working remotely for the company I currently work with. Unless they agree to pay for one of those co-working shared spaces I'll be working from home.
I'll be out attending PAX and Sakura Con though so I won't be a complete shut-in.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 12:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
it's likely that i'm right

civilised countries have sidewalks. it's what separates us from animals. and some americans by the sounds of it

I'd bet that due to the historical inbreeding in Europe that their are dipshits everywhere roaming the streets that need a specific lane to walk in. Otherwise you idiots would be constantly smashing into the morons lumbering into traffic. :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that must be why there are sidewalks in all American cities :olo:

i was talking about the bland, featureless hellscape that is your lifeless suburb, Blockpa

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 01:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it's just because America is huge and they don't consider walking that much. Not a dig Gramps, but when I was in Texas I asked for the local shop and they said "just down the road" and I walked for 3 miles and still didn't get to it.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 01:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Donny hit it on the head. Our country is yuuge. We have a lot of room to spread out. Our shops and restaurants may be several miles down the road. We all have vehicles. Walking to the store isn't what it is in Europe.

However, most neighborhoods do have sidewalks, regardless. Mostly the lower class areas skimp out on laying sidewalks...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
that must be why there are sidewalks in all American cities :olo:

i was talking about the bland, featureless hellscape that is your lifeless suburb, Blockpa

More sidewalks = more dipshits, dipshit. :olo:

I live where the world vacations, jealoustan.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 02:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
I think it's just because America is huge and they don't consider walking that much. Not a dig Gramps, but when I was in Texas I asked for the local shop and they said "just down the road" and I walked for 3 miles and still didn't get to it.

There is some truth to that. But on low traveled side streets we don't have sidewalks because they aren't necessary. People walk or ride their bikes on edge of the road and cars go around. Not a big deal really. But semenstain has to be upset at something.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 02:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just bought my second omega. shits better than putting cash in the bank.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 04:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watch?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 04:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

There is some truth to that. But on low traveled side streets we don't have sidewalks because they aren't necessary. People walk or ride their bikes on edge of the road and cars go around. Not a big deal really. But semenstain has to be upset at something.

Pretty much sums it up.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 04:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
I walked for 3 miles and still didn't get to it.

Small country moron alert!...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 06:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Mostly the lower class areas skimp out on laying sidewalks...

:idea:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 06:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

An obvious jab at Gramps...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 06:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Its true. No sidewalks, storm drains, street lights or buried power lines means you're in trailer park country.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 06:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Troll lol lol lol lol...

Nothing new in Shart's world.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-11-2016 07:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone who lives North of Dallas is either retarded, homeless or a Jew... :olo: ...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-12-2016 09:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Its true. No sidewalks, storm drains, street lights or buried power lines means you're in trailer park country.

pretty much this. it's either local government starved of funds because conservatives, or it's a way of saying "mehhh, this won't be around for long anyway. it's where the hurricanes vacation"

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-12-2016 02:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This really shows how little you know outside your bubble

No offence something to work on maybe

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-12-2016 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They're trolling plained. Nothing new happens in their world. I feel sorry for them.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-12-2016 11:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i feel sorry for someone who thinks getting a tinted windshield is an event worth mentioning to other people as real news

especially if that person lives in a poor neighbourhood

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-13-2016 02:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.