Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 11-15-2008 08:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

new james bond 6/10

this is not bond... action wasn't bad, but the grandeur of bond is no longer...

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 11-15-2008 08:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Taken

Liam Neison plays a retired spook whose dipshit daughter gets kidnapped into the sex slave trade on a vacation, then pwns faggots to get her back. 8/10

Glad I watched this instead of Quantum mechanics of solar halcyon solace

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-15-2008 10:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Journey to the Centre of the Earth, 3d, BluRay...

Well, I enjoyed the film when I saw it in 3D at the cinema. Those glasses really are cool. But what were they thinking here...? I mean, fair enough, the BluRay WAS £11.99, when the DVD was £13.99 (WTF is that about?), and it DOES come with both 2D and 3D versions... But shite... They had to go and add those decade old red/blue glasses into it, NOT the cool ones you get in the cinema.

So, while the film wasn't half bad (despite what most people say, its half watchable), I was most of the time going cross eyed because the colour of the screen was always either BLUE... or RED... :| Or sometimes, an odd misture of the two. The 3d effects randomly worked, too...

Damn shame... Reason I bought it, was because it would of been a perfect night time laugh. Pop the BluRay on, big telly, decent 3D effects, lovely. But no... They had to go all cheap and SpyKids 3D on us...

Such a shame... Still, cant argue with a cheap as chips BluRay.

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 11-15-2008 05:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But how were the shadows?

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 11-15-2008 05:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Clone Wars (the new animated version) - 8/10

Watched it last night with my kids and really enjoyed it. It was good to see the Ventress storyline expanded and the animation was worlds better than the previous cartoons.

Wall-E - 7/10

Another good Pixar movie with quite a few laughs.

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 11-16-2008 12:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

quarantine - Blairwitch meets Night of the living dead. Loved both flicks but this was a nice waste of time. :/ I would love my bandwidth back please.

Tormentius wrote:
Wall-E - 7/10

And this is one movie I'm waiting on the release for, one of pixars best imo.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-16-2008 04:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bork[e] wrote:
But how were the shadows?

Wow, hey thanks, did you know theres a BLACK pres now? Did you know that some aircraft flew into the twin towers? Did you know that we won the second world war?

I only ask, becaues you seem to be living in the past!

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-16-2008 05:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kee-rist o'dium what a horrible comeback. :down:

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-16-2008 07:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*insert joke about GKY being fat here*

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-16-2008 09:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

those are defacto funny :olo:

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 11-16-2008 05:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k wrote:
Barton Fink - 9/10

I can't believe it took me so long to finally see this.

Sometimes I think the Coen bro's could create a film about fart jokes, and somehow through thought-provoking idiosyncrasies, strangely compelling dialog and perfect timing and directing (not to mention casting), turn it into must-see theater.

I watched Barton Fink this weekend based on your recommendation. I didn't like/care about it.

I probably missed something.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-16-2008 05:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

O_o

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-16-2008 05:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Creep = 4/10 - Meh. Don't bother.

Fred Claus = 8/10 - Hilarious. The "Siblings Anonymous" scene alone is worth the watch. Something about a 30 Santa Claus-impersonator chase scene and pile-on makes me laugh.

God
God
PostPosted: 11-17-2008 08:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Deadset = 8/10
Really really enjoyed this. For some reason it seems only brits are capable of making a great zombie flick these days.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 11-17-2008 09:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How did you end up seeing it Jackal? Torrent or import?

Edit: Oh, and one of the most impressive things, which must have lost its impact outside of the UK, was the Big Brother hostess' performance, as Davina is the host of the show in real life.

God
God
PostPosted: 11-17-2008 09:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My buddy had torrented it so we just watched the whole thing in one sitting on his PS3.

I was trying to figure out who the real Big Brother folks were. I just assumed it was all the people there for the reunion. I had no idea the hostess was the real hostess.

Great piece of work. I really liked it.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-17-2008 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea just watched dead set last wknd. brilliant but incredibly fucking foul!

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-17-2008 11:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm gonna have to get this, missed it, wanna watch... feck...

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 11-17-2008 01:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Revolver. 7/10

At least Guy Richie movies are... interesting?

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 11-17-2008 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Chupacabra wrote:
R00k wrote:
Barton Fink - 9/10

I can't believe it took me so long to finally see this.

Sometimes I think the Coen bro's could create a film about fart jokes, and somehow through thought-provoking idiosyncrasies, strangely compelling dialog and perfect timing and directing (not to mention casting), turn it into must-see theater.

I watched Barton Fink this weekend based on your recommendation. I didn't like/care about it.

I probably missed something.

Well it's typical Coen brothers fare. If you're not a fan of their work you probably wouldn't care for it. Their films usually leave you with more questions at the end than answers, and each time you re-watch them you feel like you get more hints or get closer to figuring them out. I also think their cinematography and dialog gives the movies a certain kind of "texture," for lack of a better word, that I really find appealing.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 11-17-2008 05:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, I had watched No Country for Old Men and thought it was amazing.

I should just read about the Barton Fink movie to understand it. I guess I liked No Country for Old Men because it was both entertaining and thoughtful. Here I didn't find Barton Fink to be entertaining. I guess I need meat and potatoes.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-17-2008 06:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea the first time i watched barton fink i didn't get much out of it, though it may have been coz of my gf's tiny tv screen with shitty sound. Rewatched it twice since then at it gets better each time. You just pick up on more of the subtleties each time and get more into the atmosphere and characters. I love john goodman's character.

Out of all the coen brother movies I've watched, miller's crossing is probably the most coherent in terms of narrative (which isn't to say it's the best, but rather perhaps one of the more accessible ones).

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 11-17-2008 06:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Chupacabra wrote:
Oh, I had watched No Country for Old Men and thought it was amazing.

I should just read about the Barton Fink movie to understand it. I guess I liked No Country for Old Men because it was both entertaining and thoughtful. Here I didn't find Barton Fink to be entertaining. I guess I need meat and potatoes.

It is quite a bit different from No Country. It seems like it's largely a critique of Hollywood, and it's interesting due to the irony of Fink's character - especially in respect to his interaction with Goodman's character and what comes of it. I want to see it again because I know I missed a lot of subtle things they always scatter through their films - imagery, audio cues - that you don't have a context for the first time you see them, even if you notice them at all.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 11-17-2008 07:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is Fargo a more entertaining movie?

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 11-17-2008 08:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Helvetica

8/10 I guess? It's a movie about a font.

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 11-17-2008 08:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fargo is REDICULOUSLY funny!

...doncha know. :olo:

@Therac-25: :olo:

PostPosted: 11-17-2008 10:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Peenyuh wrote:
Revolver. 7/10

At least Guy Richie movies are... interesting?

fucking GARBAGE

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-18-2008 02:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fargo is indeed entertaining. in that same column, Big Lebowski.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 11-18-2008 04:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Madagascar 2 6/10

Not as funny as i hoped :tear: I'm thinking more penguins would have made this movie better.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 11-18-2008 05:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Chupacabra wrote:
Is Fargo a more entertaining movie?

Yea, definitely. So is O Brother Where Art Thou, IMO. And Raising Arizona.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-18-2008 06:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

O Brother is top notch :up:

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 11-18-2008 03:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just watched Raising Arizona the other night...again. That movie never gets old.

"I'll be takin these Huggies and whatever you got in the register," :olo:

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 11-18-2008 03:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quantum of Solace 3/10

"The name's Bourne, James Bourne"

Plus, worst.bond.theme.ever, even including that piece of shit by Chris Cornell

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 11-18-2008 04:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geebs wrote:
Quantum of Solace 3/10

"The name's Bourne, James Bourne"

Plus, worst.bond.theme.ever, even including that piece of shit by Chris Cornell

ohh yeah the theme was an abomination... honestly the theme song summarizes all that is wrong with this movie

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 11-18-2008 06:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Saw V - I can't believe how, meh this was, traps (imo) blew compared to the earlier movies, story jumped around and even though there was a bit to explain it seemed like all this movie was all about mr story teller instead of what I enjoyed about the first four. Couple of cool moments but not at all what I was expecting.

4ish does it justice in my eyes. But most of the people that I know that have seen it like it much more, I wont be buying it.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.