Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        id updates QuakeLive, turns on noob mode

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: id updates QuakeLive, turns on noob mode

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-22-2014 10:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Working now...in a damn window :/

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-22-2014 11:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Installed

Add me on Steam, folks - doncarlos3124

Couldn't find this username

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-23-2014 02:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well that's a bastard
DonCarlos is what I'm playing under at the moment so try that? Either that or post up your usernames and I'll add you

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-23-2014 02:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You got Richard Hammond as icon? In that case I've added you.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-23-2014 05:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DC actually *is* Richard Hammond

he disappeared from the forum for a while after the rocket car incident, remember?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 09-23-2014 10:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hilarious

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 09-23-2014 10:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seems steam is case-sensitive. DonCarlos3124 works :).

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-23-2014 01:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Indeed it does

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-25-2014 04:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
You don't spawn with much ammo so you do still need to go find another weapon.

Yeah, about this. I find that it's totally not necessary to find another weapon because the maps are filled to the brim with generic ammo boxes. So you don't have to run much further than five yards to grab an ammo box and boost your ammo counts considerably. And this would be true without weapon loadouts as well actually, because there are so many generic ammo boxes, that you never find yourself running out of ammo for any weapon.

Another issue I have is with the see-through-the-walls markers in TDM. It actually highlights a dead teammate through the walls, so when you're outside of a room where a firefight is going on and your teammate died, you'll know there's an enemy in there, most likely hurt as well. That's such an immense tactical advantage, because your enemy doesn't know you are coming in.

Also, is mouse control somehow connected to netcode or something? For some reason, my mouse feels really jerky at times. I played an offline match against bots and didn't experience this problem, so I think it's somehow related to networking. It's highly annoying.

Having said all that, I must admit I still had fun. The game's still fast, frantic and at moments, the most intense gaming experience still. I had a blast playing CTF (where loadouts aren't available to be honest) so I'm not quite yet uninstalling this thing :)

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 09-25-2014 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Another issue I have is with the see-through-the-walls markers in TDM. It actually highlights a dead teammate through the walls, so when you're outside of a room where a firefight is going on and your teammate died, you'll know there's an enemy in there, most likely hurt as well. That's such an immense tactical advantage, because your enemy doesn't know you are coming in.

Wow, this game is slowly turning into Call of Duty. All that's left are deathstreaks (rewarding the player for sucking/dying) and the "pity spawn system" (spawn players you killed behind you) and it'll be complete. :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-25-2014 09:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmmm...

Just returned from 3 weeks holiday across the ditch in New Zealand and went to play QL while still jet lagged (holiday lagged) :alert: :alert: :cry:

So can some one give me the short answer as to what has happened here to Quake Live please?

On trying to get to the forums I get an error message

Quote:
The QUAKE LIVE forums are offline in order to reduce the overload on our infrastructure. We are working to restore site responsiveness and will enable the forums at that time.

What?

CAn't get to the Support pages and I am due to renew >:(

Unable to connect to https://www.quakelive.com/#support
Quote:

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at http://www.quakelive.com.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 09-26-2014 10:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like someone turned off https. http://www.quakelive.com/#!support seems to work.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-26-2014 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
Looks like someone turned off https. http://www.quakelive.com/#!support seems to work.

Thanks PhoeniX :up: I will give it a go.

Anyone else having problems?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-26-2014 01:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why would a moron still play quake?... Grow the fuck up!...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-26-2014 03:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:rolleyes:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-27-2014 12:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why would a moron still post on a Quake site when he doesn't play?

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 09-27-2014 02:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Why would a moron still play quake?... Grow the fuck up!...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-27-2014 04:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It sounds clichéd, but there still is no fps game that matches Quake 3's intensity and speed.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-27-2014 11:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Agreed

The pinnacle, some might say

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-27-2014 02:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Agreed

The pinnacle, some might say

Yes, some would :sly: and while I did venture into the Unreal Universe I did return.

I can't find DonCarlos3124? (non Steam so will try by Steam)

Edit: Gotcha :)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-27-2014 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Can I link my Quake Live account to my Steam account somehow, or are all my stats reset?

edit:
apparently you can.

Thanks for the leg work here Eraser.
I just installed via Steam and linked account :up:

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 09-27-2014 06:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lots of upset nerds in this thread.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-28-2014 01:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lots of upset nerds in every thread

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 09-28-2014 02:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's true.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 09-28-2014 05:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The changes are actually good for ctf. People fight for the power ups more in pubs with the hud marker

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-28-2014 09:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No loadouts in CTF so yeah, it's ok

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-29-2014 12:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
No loadouts in CTF so yeah, it's ok

Playing a bit and yeah, it's OK, but I am getting used to it :confused:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 09-29-2014 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So last post was yesterday... I linked it, too. How can I join the q3w steam group and is anyone up for some games or is playtime over again and I should delete it imminently?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-29-2014 04:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's a q3w steam group? Off looking soon as.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-29-2014 05:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well Bliccer, found and added you but cannot find any Q3W Group. Any hints?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-29-2014 10:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shame that the Quake Live in-game friends aren't linked to your Steam friendslist.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-30-2014 01:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just noted my subscription auto renewed.
I am with it for another year :cool:

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 10-29-2014 01:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wtf... just jumped in for a game of CTF (got an email saying my account was expiring due to inactivity) and the flag return noises have been switched!
Enemy flag returned now does the "tick tick" noise
Friendly flag returned is the "squish"

pretty disorienting in-game, especially after 15 years of conditioning...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 04:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know, now that you mention it, I did feel a bit disoriented about the locations of the flags when playing, but I couldn't put my finger on the why. I assumed I was getting a bit rusty.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.